Betty Pryde

Guest 'Flow

I met Betty once, last year I was part of a party that watched the players train at FP and had lunch with Mark McGhee, Leitch and the players and in a period of 1hr 45mins she must have asked me if I was ok and needed anything at least 5 times. Such a caring women who would happily help anyone, I think she just enjoyed the pleasure of helping people.

She seemed to bring happiness to a lot of people and for that she'll be missed at FP.

Rest in Peace, Betty.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have heard Butcher and McGhee sing her praises during their time at Fir Park and I can't recall any other manager anywhere every praising a back room team member the way they did. This speaks volumes of the esteem in which she was clearly held.

RIP

betty got me involved with the club, without her doing what she did i would maybe have lost interest in football like i did everything else after my accident, but now i have worked at the club played at firpark, got into refereeing, met loads of people i wouldnt have met, and experianced a lot of other things a boy of my age would simply dream of, she did what was probally a little thing to her but it changed my life totally and i can now say it is a whole lot better because of that. She was always genuinly happy to see you too... and its with no doubt i will say everyone that knew her will feel as if there is something missing in there life.

Goodbye Betty you will never be forgot

R.I.P

Duncan McKinnon

On a very personal note, I have had the privilege to have known and worked with Betty. In the time that I have been with Motherwell which has just gone a year I cannot say that any one person has helped me more, kept me straight with invaluable information and direction and generally been a great support than Betty was. I will sorely miss her.

She was always positive about and very proud of this great place and I will always be grateful to her – she had a kind word for all, kept us strong in defeat and no-one enjoyed a win more than her.

Lastly, not kind gesture was ever forgotten….Betty had a card for any occasion and loved to send her thanks, kindness and thoughts whenever appropriate.

Much love to you BP.

The tributes on this page show how highly thought of Betty will always be. I met her through my son while he was recovering from a road accident, and she showed such kindness to him, and also to me. She was a warm caring person who always did her utmost for people, and was very very special. She always took time to speak to me when I saw her. I was speaking to her at the game with Inverness, and also saw her at the Hibs game only a week ago, and she was looking good. So it came as a total shock to here that she had passed away so suddenly. My thoughts are with her family, colleagues and friends, and I hope she is at peace. Betty, it was a joy to know you, and I will never forget you. RIP

I was at Betty's funeral today and it was stunning, though not surprising, how many people were there to pay their respects. The church and the adjacent hall area were absolutely packed and the congregation included a fair number from football, including Faddy, Clarky, Coach, Pearo, Scott Leitch, Mark McGhee, Maurice Malpas, Tommy McLean, Brian McLean, Mio Krivopavic, Kevin Kelly, Davie McPartland as well as, of course, everyone from Motherwell, including a guard of honour from the under-19s... and there were probably many others who I didn't see. Someone said they had heard that Bob Malcolm was flying back for it, though I didn't see him.

The effort people had made to be there gives a glimpse of how highly regarded Betty was, and still is. The number of people there shows how widely her warm infuence was felt, and how many lives she had touched. We all have to go sometime, but when we do, that's a wonderful legacy to leave behind.

I will never forget that beaming welcoming smile.

My thoughts are with Elaine, Alan, Emma and Betty's sister, Moira, at this hardest of times, as well as with Flow, who will be suffering as well.

To Flow and Mrs. Pryde's extended family, my sincere condolences. She clearly was someone loved and admired by many at Fir Park and is a Motherwell legend in herself. Proves that Clubs are all about the people.

RIP