Fans Tsar

Special aka

Just been thinking ............. I believe MFC needs a Fans Tsar/Ambassador/Liaison Officer or whatever trendy name you want to call it.

Someone within the Club who's sole mission is the welfare of Motherwell Supporters in all aspects of their relationship with the Club.

That to include:-

:> communications with Supporters Groups; WellTrust, Association, WellBoys86, and those with special needs.

:> stewarding/policing issues, especially in the East Stand, and at away games such as Parkhead and Ibrox.

:> ticketing issues, merchandising, travel, loyalty schemes, events, etc.,

I am sure there is much more could be added to the above, just spouting off my cuff after my cornflakes and banana.

Great idea in principle, but I fear for the sanity of whoever took the job on. Seems almost impossible to move anything forwards at Fir Park with any great speed. Although I do believe we are moving forwards... Just not at any great speed! :wallbash:

And the Martin Rose comments = :P

Personally I think it would be best for The Well Trust to be in this position. It would be an organisation that would then liase back with us fans.

FFS the Well trust..erm no I dont think they are the answer, they remind me of an organisation of bureaucrats to concerned not to offend anyone they are almost toothless.

This would take an awful lot on the part of the club to agree to recognise such a person, given the paranoia that surrounds MFC and anything they do that the fans criticise, the last thing the JB mafia would want is a straight talking supporter telling them how it is.

Great Idea, something we could do with badly, but not sure the club are ready for it.

I would have thought this was already part of the remit of the MST anyway?

Unfortunately for whatever reasons there is no sufficient desire for any great number of Motherwell fans to have the Trust represent them.

Assuming such a position were to be created, whoever carried out the role, be it an individual or a body I think would be on a hiding to nothing. There are simply too many differing viewpoints amongst the Motherwell support on every issue for the person/body concerned to be able to able do to business with the club without being accused of self-interest/in cahoots with the board/not being representative of "my" views.

That sounds pretty negative perhaps and is not to say that positives wouldn't come from it, but I think it would be a pretty soul destroying job for whoever was carrying it out.

I would have thought this was already part of the remit of the MST anyway?

Unfortunately for whatever reasons there is no sufficient desire for any great number of Motherwell fans to have the Trust represent them.

Assuming such a position were to be created, whoever carried out the role, be it an individual or a body I think would be on a hiding to nothing. There are simply too many differing viewpoints amongst the Motherwell support on every issue for the person/body concerned to be able to able do to business with the club without being accused of self-interest/in cahoots with the board/not being representative of "my" views.

That sounds pretty negative perhaps and is not to say that positives wouldn't come from it, but I think it would be a pretty soul destroying job for whoever was carrying it out.

Have to agree here, although the idea is good and if it were to be successful it would be even better, I doubt it would be possible to please everyone. I mean how could you?

I admit, I've not always been happy with the way the club has done things (Nancy for example), but let's face it. No matter what the club do, someone is going to be left angry/upset etc etc. All that matters is that things ARE moving forward which can only be beneficial to the club and the supporters.

FFS the Well trust..erm no I dont think they are the answer, they remind me of an organisation of bureaucrats to concerned not to offend anyone they are almost toothless.

This would take an awful lot on the part of the club to agree to recognise such a person, given the paranoia that surrounds MFC and anything they do that the fans criticise, the last thing the JB mafia would want is a straight talking supporter telling them how it is.

Great Idea, something we could do with badly, but not sure the club are ready for it.

I aint a member of MST and I have no intentions till there are a few changes but with a few new guys on the board they are making the right noises. Guys like David Fraser, Phillip Speedie, Andy Ross and Joe Smith are guys that will really do what they can for us supporters.

How would the fans elect one guy to be the contact between the fans and the club? Do we just elect Joe Bloggs from the East Stand? I feel it is better to go through an organisation like MST as it would make things alot smoother and WE WOULD get answers.

Like Mitch, I'm not a member of the Trust though I think a lot of what they do is positive. If you feel they do not reperesent you the only way to change that is to get yourself as a member and then if you still not happy get yourself up for election for the board. Its a channel that is there and as long as they are you are not going to have an appointment of someone as a tsar as the club will say they have a Trust. The Trust is shaped by its members of which enyone can be one!

From Trust site ................... The main objectives are to ensure that fans have a say in the running of the club and that the club recognises the important role it has in the community. To that end we hope to secure both a shareholding and a representative on the board. The following extract from the Trust rules are the formal definition of our purpose.

Abject failure so far.

Abject failure so far.

Without a shadow of a doubt!

I just feel that they are now really making progress and any progress to build bridges is positive.

The up and coming meeting with The WellBoys and the security staff at Fir Park is something that could be positive also. Just beware lads that they will want a little give and take on the issues.

I was a Member, but left when Martin Rose attained a post on the MFC Board. I did not believe it right for him to wear 2 jackets, with a conflict of interests being the obvious outcome.

As Chairman of the Trust he should have automatically found a place on the MFC Board but this was craftily avoided by JB imho.

The Trust is shaped by its members of which enyone can be one!

The reason I left is that our Trust isn't shaped by its members at all - It was shaped by the board members who I felt failed to canvas member opinion or let its members know what they were doing. The MST have always had a couple of well-meaning individuals but at the end of the day what have they achieved since they came into being. What does the MST really do with the membership money? What real benefits does it really give supporters? Given the discussion on another thread about the Supporters Association, I always felt I got more as a supporter by being a member of the Supporters Association than I did by being a member of the MST. If truth be told if it weren't for WTFC, I doubt I'd ever have become a member of the MST at all.

These are all entirely fair comments. Before I joined the Trust (and the board), I was the biggest critic of them. I still am, to an extent. The Trust have done nowhere near enough for the Motherwell support since the club came out of administration, and the small measures that have been taken have not been publicised enough. I don't blame anyone for not handing over their tenners to us at the moment.

What I will say is that I am not on the Trust board to massage my own ego, or for any agenda of my own. I have no desire whatsoever to obtain employment within the football club or join the board of directors. I genuinely want to infleunce decisions that are made on behalf of the fans. Football in general, and Motherwell in particular, have been disregarding supporters for too long and it's about time that our views are taken seriously.

However, here's where the catch 22 comes in. The Trust won't be able to serve the fans to it's full potential unless we are given a place on the board. We have been adding to our shareholding significantly year on year, but (at present) we have never been given a number required to gain a board position. The feeling is that, regardless of how many shares we hold or how much we contribute to the club, we will never be taken as seriously as we deserve with our present number of members.

There's no reason why non-members should believe me that we're here to turn the Trust around and that we have the best of intentions for all Motherwell supporters - you've heard it all before, no doubt - but I'll do my best to prove it until you are all convinced enough to join up. All I ask is that you judge me, and the present board, on what we say and do - and not on what those before us have.

Frazzle

From Trust site ................... The main objectives are to ensure that fans have a say in the running of the club and that the club recognises the important role it has in the community. To that end we hope to secure both a shareholding and a representative on the board. The following extract from the Trust rules are the formal definition of our purpose.

Abject failure so far.

Yet it is the MFC Board not the Trust Board that gets the pelters on here :D

Couldn't agree more although the Well trust appear to think they are the fans tsar, and are asking that all queries, suggestions, etc to the club should be made through them. Let's get someone independent in there, we need someone off the terraces who is more in touch with the ordinary fan and his needs and wants. Someone who doesn't already have an agenda with the club and can put forward the fans view's without question.

I aint a member of MST and I have no intentions till there are a few changes but with a few new guys on the board they are making the right noises. Guys like David Fraser, Phillip Speedie, Andy Ross and Joe Smith are guys that will really do what they can for us supporters.

How would the fans elect one guy to be the contact between the fans and the club? Do we just elect Joe Bloggs from the East Stand? I feel it is better to go through an organisation like MST as it would make things alot smoother and WE WOULD get answers.

Hasn't someone already elected those guys?

We need someone independent of the Trust to put the fans points without fear or favour.

Hasn't someone already elected those guys?

We need someone independent of the Trust to put the fans points without fear or favour.

How would that be organised though, in such a way that the club would recognise the points of view of said Motherwell fans? Surely the people who would approach the club would also need to be voted in in some way. I think if it goes down this route we would end up with too many groups asking the same questions and getting precisely nowhere.

Let's get someone independent in there, we need someone off the terraces who is more in touch with the ordinary fan and his needs and wants. Someone who doesn't already have an agenda with the club and can put forward the fans view's without question.

Thats a very tall order indeed, and we'd have trouble in finding an individual who could represent all the fans' views. As a support we're very diverse and you'd always find at least a few who wouldn't agree with the majority. I know quite a few Well fans, as we all do of course and I can't think of any one without some kind of agenda.