This Is A It Of Hope But If We Get To The Cis Semis Where Would We Play

well4eva

Was wondering as i live in Edinburgh where would the CIS semis be played these where the venues which came to mind

Hampden

Celtic Park

Ibrox

Easter Road

Tynecastle

Pittodrie

Was wondering if anyone new when they might be played night or day?

What Stadium?

But first lets roar the well on to New St Mirren Park

Depends who it's against. Dundee Utd at Tynecastle would be magic. If it's the Old Firm, best with Hampden to maximise the cash. Wouldn't enjoy playing them at Tyne with 2/3s of the stadium filled with vermin. At least at Hampden they're not right on top of you.

The polis wouldn't allow a semi between Motherwell and the OF to be played in Edinburgh. Given the majority of the fan base living within a 15 mile radius of Hampden it would be a logistical nightmare sending them across the country.

At least at Hampden they're not right on top of you.

This isn't guaranteed. I was in what would be called the Celtic end for the 5-1 CIS final defeat to the hvns. About 20 metres from their vile, subhuman 'fans'. Independent of the result & performance, my ongoing memory was of stewards who were simply not doing their jobs that day. Paying good money to listen to irrelevant sectarian nonsense is not my idea of 'entertainment'. Maybe I was unlucky with my seat on the day?

Coincidentally, I was in a similar place for this year's Scottish Cup Final. (Well, I worked at Grangemouth for a while). No-where near as bad as there was a police + steward presence that day.

Anyway, I agree that it depends on who we are drawn against should we be there. Easter Road for the Hearts CIS semi was the right decision at the time.

SD