Motherwell Strips Fom 1935-2006

dazamfc

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The diagonal band from the 70's was my favourite both home and away strips were classics. I agree with traffic about the zoom strip easy to see why they went bust with taste like that :ph34r:

My favourite is proably the half n half pony Motorola effort though.

The 'jester' outfit ? Prepare for incoming from the traditionalists :ph34r:

Thought that was a fine jersey, spoiled only by the ridiculous shorts. Would have been much better with solid shorts in either white, claret or amber. Like that big 'shield' badge on it too.

The hooped Pony jersey from the Coyne era was my fave though.

Favourite Home Tops:

1: 1991-92. The first Motorola effort which was basically the cup winning shirt with a band added in.

2. 1994-96. The last one with a "hoop" until this season.

3. This season's home effort.

Favourite Away Tops:

1. 1997-98 Borussia Dortmundesque effort.

2. Skippy Sunday effort.

3. The White Untouchables away effort (2003-04)

Favourite Home Tops:

1: 1991-92. The first Motorola effort which was basically the cup winning shirt with a band added in.

2. 1994-96. The last one with a "hoop" until this season.

3. This season's home effort.

Favourite Away Tops:

1. 1997-98 Borussia Dortmundesque effort.

2. Skippy Sunday effort.

3. The White Untouchables away effort (2003-04)

:ph34r:

I have two of those which I bought on e-bay. One is in ok condition and is fine to be worn in the house, the other is in mint condition. Fantastic shirt.

Favourite tops in my time are the tommy coyne pony hooped effort. That was all to be spoiled with that horrible jester thing replacing it. The Untouchables away kit was also one of my favourites. I also had my room painted to the same kinda template as the white zoom away shirt with the claret and amber bands. Cracking shirt that.

Always the skippy sunday one for me, but thats cause it has very special memories....

I got it a few days after the Skippy Sunday game before I flew out on a round the world trip. First stop was Dubai and I was standing at check in at Glasgow airport in my new Motherwell top, when the guy in front of me turns round and is none other than Alan Thompson. He saw my top, I greeted him with an "awrite big man" and he replied with "not now I've seen that" nodding to my strip. :lol:

I chatted to him for a bit in deparures and he was genuinely a top bloke!

Other favourite top was the Black and White top with the amber trim from a few years back.

Not really a fan of the amber away tops, but this years is an absolute belter and is the first all amber top I've ever owned.

That season, we had three really good strips. The hoop all the way round, the pyjama top and the black were all nice enough.

Worst home strip - Jester.

Worst away strip - Motorola Hummell(?) tyre track thing circa '93.

Best home strip - I always liked the mid-eighties Ian Skelly shirt with claret band and claret sleeves, but I think that is maybe because it was my first ever shirt. The Bukta home strips take a bit of beating aswell, to be fair. Won't comment on the iconic sash, etc as they were before my time and I don't think you can properly judge unless you have your own memories of it.

Best away strip - The current one could well be a contender, but my favourite is probably either the black one above with the MFC embroidered, or the luminous 'Shivute' one. Although I as I said above I like the two from '94 aswell.

All in all, I'd certainly say we've had more good kits than bad, but the bad ones have been awful.

...Other favourite top was the Black and White top with the amber trim from a few years back.

Not really a fan of the amber away tops, but this years is an absolute belter and is the first all amber top I've ever owned.

A 'Well fan who doesn't know the difference between claret and amber... :lol:

Other favourite top was the Black and White top with the amber trim from a few years back.

what top is this? I just canny mind it?!

It doesn't exist as he doesn't know the difference between claret and amber. I think he means the one that was mainly white with black panels on the side, with a wee claret line down it. Fairly sure it was Xara and Motorola.

That's the on! Sorry for the vague description! Thought most folk would know what I was talking about.

Was Xara and Motorola.

EDIT: just realised I put amber rather than claret in original post! :lol: