'well Players You Have Met

trafficlight

I met Mark McGhee and even though he is a prick he was bang on.He was happy to sign autographs and talk about being the 'Well manager.

I also met Stephen Hughes and Brian McLean the same day and they also were happy to sign autographs.Other players I met was Craigan,Lasley,McGarry,Fitzy and Buzz.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Met a lot of the 91 team in Schweinfurt during a tour in august 91. Still got my cup final hat with a lot of signatures on it including some that are no longer with us. Gentlmen to a man who had a lot of time to chat to a group of youth exchange kids from the Motherwell area. :notworthy:

I think everyone would agree Paul Quinn is a total wank :notworthy:

He was at my uncles party last year (apparently he is friends with my cousin?) and I thought he was pretty nice.

But the best thing that ever happened to me was the time I got to go for a tour around Fir Park then have lunch with the team in the Player's Lounge after it. Was about four years ago I think. Best day of my life :)

Paul Quinn always seemed a decent guy to me who got a lot of undeserved stick and bad luck. Iv met a fair few 'well players over the years most recently Dougie Arnott and Stevie Kirk at the logintolearn match and on Saturday John Sutton came into my work on his way home and was happy enough to sign an autograph for me. Good guy.

Shivute in the Inkspot at Hamilton. He was chatting to the cashier about the game coming up against hibs (I think) and I was totally awestruck at seeing one of my idols face to face,was just a wee kid at the time. Bought a notepad and promptly asked him for an autograph, which he graciously did. Greatest day of my life although the notepad is no more sadly.

Three stick in the mind .....

Scott Leitch - very dour, met him in a pub in Hamilton(he was with Quinn, O'Donnell, Paterson)

Jim Paterson - really friendly, we couldn't get rid of him :whistling:

Lee McCulloch - i knew his girlfriend at the time and met him and Barry Ferguson in the Palace. Really friendly and ended up joining our round. Even Ferguson, was ok.

He was at my uncles party last year (apparently he is friends with my cousin?) and I thought he was pretty nice.

But the best thing that ever happened to me was the time I got to go for a tour around Fir Park then have lunch with the team in the Player's Lounge after it. Was about four years ago I think. Best day of my life :D

Thats how I met the players

About 10 years ago I was on a family holiday in Gran Canaria, and spotted the Hibs player Keith Wright in the same hotel when I arrived, but I believe that may have been his last night as I never saw him the rest of the holiday. However, later that week I did meet Mickey Weir, who at the time was with Motherwell, and he was an absolute gem of a fella. My mate Ian, from Portsmouth, was once on the books of Spurs but got sold to Pompey as a youth, so the inside stories and tales those two swapped were terrific. Mickey was a right good lad with a lovely family.

• 1 month later...

Met the whole team in December 2002 - it was one of the best expiriences ever!

That year Faddy still played and obviously Dirk Lehmann. Terry Butcher was Manager and I was able to live like a pro for a whole week. I was allowed to train, eat and live like a pro. Terry Butcher has shown me his offices and i was able to take a pic with him, which unfortunatly got lost, cos my HDD crashed.

Alan (Kit man) and his brother took me up Dundee for an away game and I was allowed to put the jersey, shoes and stuff out. Ok, I had to leave for the team talk :ph34r:

I went out the tunnel and the Well supporters cheered me on, was brillint.

To top the week off Leitchy invited me to their Christmas night out, but I am not allowed to talk about that, finished it off in the palace! :lol:

Parto was there and he was nothing like the papers suggested. Not saying the papers were wrong, but he was a great gut. So was Leisley, Dempsey and Fagan. At that time I was stupid enough NOT to get a signed shirt by Faddy or anyone else, thou they didnt feel special, if you know what I mean.

Oh, I also was part of a meeting with Dirk and his Manager and Fagan... scary!

Oh, the ladies in the office were great as well. Nice, helpful...

MFC = Family Club!

Jim Griffin was my lecturer at college and he is spot on. Also worked beside Wille Pettigrew and Ian Kennedy and both are great guys. Kennedy used to happily tell the tails of his time at well.

Met Scott McDonald in East Kilbride PO - the place was packed and nobody took any notice of him which seemed to annoy him. A wee boy came in and noticed him and asked for his autograph and he just tutted at him and his mum.

I met Steve McMillian lately, he was a nice guy. Happy to chat away.

I met Mio Krivokapic at a reserve game at Tynecastle, prob during the Kampman era. He's a really nice bloke and he bought me chocolate.

I also met Bobby Jenks when on a tour of tynie back when hamster was there. Me and my brother were wearing our well tops, and Jenks clocked us so took us aside and showed us his office, with the 1991 cup winning photo taking pride of place on his desk. He didn't buy me anything though.

I served Mio when I was working part-time in Texas (pre-Homebase days!) in Wishaw. Absolute gent of a guy.

I he stopped me from falling on my arse in London Road when doing the walk for Uncle Phil. Was handing everyone oot lucozade energy sweeties as well. I declined cause I was scranning a McDonalds at the time <_< .

I was trialing for a shitey wee club about 2 years ago on some grassy pitches outside of town, and some coloured lad was out jogging at the time. Clearly desperate for a game of footie, he stood behind the goals and played ball boy for us. I was absolutely convinced that it was Benito Kemble. Absolutely convinced. It didn't occur to me that Benito Kemble wouldn't be out jogging in the middle of Inverness playing ball boy for a bunch of kids at the time, I was literally convinced.

You can imagine how fucking gutted I was when I asked his name and he said "Sippahmandalah" :ph34r: