Supporters Assosication

Mitch

Why did the SA receive 100 tickets from the 500 we received for the Scottish Cup match.

Think this is awful and at the end of the day the members of the SA are 'Well fans like the rest of us and should have had to get out of their beds at 7am to join the queue at Fir Park.

I got my ticket but think this is an awful way to distribute tickets.

I am sure the majority of people who wanted a ticket managed to get one but why should a season ticket holder potenitally have missed out for a member of the SA who may not be a season ticket holder?

Why should Season Ticket holders be given priority for away tickets ? Their financial commitment is for home games !

We make a commitment to the club by paying our money upfront (Which I am under the impression that the club prefere so they can set out budgets for the coming season).

This is a perk that they give to encourage more people to by the season books and up until now its not been needed.

The question is why should the SA have a bigger priority than others?

PS: This is in no way a dig at people who are not season ticket holders as I can see many reason why some people cant buy a season ticket but still make it to the majority of matches.

I think it's down to the SA being solely for away games, similar to the SSC, and them getting first dibs at away game tickets.

For a few years the club have ignored the Association and I think this is them trying to make amends.

It's not ideal, but it's a good move from the club to reward regular travellers.

I think it's down to the SA being solely for away games, similar to the SSC, and them getting first dibs at away game tickets.

For a few years the club have ignored the Association and I think this is them trying to make amends.

It's not ideal, but it's a good move from the club to reward regular travellers.

I see your point Neil but am I not right in saying that the Association is dying on its arse these days? I seem to remember them struggling to take one bus to some away matches. This must show that they have poor numbers and 100 tickets is well over the amount that should have been awarded.

I know they all keep records, so it would be easy to prove just how effective it is as a body now.

Perhaps the best way to have worked out who was elligible via the SA rather than give a set amount of tickets, would be check their records for those who have attended x% of the away matches.

Lets face it, the only reason folks buy a ST these days is to retain their seat.

Making an allocation to the SA is a step in the right direction IMHO, and while I know it don't agree with everyone it provided an alternate route for those not so near to Fir Park but still commit to supporting their team .... home and/or away.

No solution is ideal but until the Club allocate Brownie Points for ST's purchased, games attended, pies bought, programs bought, replica shirts bought, etc., etc., what can they do ?

Can't argue the Association deserve their allocation before many others. No ideal way to distribute them but among the Association members are people who rarely miss a game and they deserve a brief IMO before myself for example, season ticket holder but don't travel much these days.

I didn't even try for a ticket cos I wouldn't deserve one before someone who travels regularly, hopefully everyone who wanted one got one.

Generally they take buses to each game, so say the buses aren't full, about 30 per bus, Central, Wishaw and Bellshill, thats 90 folk.

Our away support is something like 400 (on a good day) going by my maths skills, that is over 20% of the allocation.

I've missed three SPL games this season, once because I was ill, once because I was on holiday and once because I couldn't be bothered going to Ibrox. However the club only know of two away games I've been to because I had to go and buy a ticket and even then I bought tickets for other folks whose name was not taken so there is no way there is a full record of fans' away attendance. I don't know but I imagine the vast majority of members of the SA are ST holders and therefore they are as capable of getting up at the crack of yesterday as I was and for that reason I think they should have been given a few for members who maybe could not pay for a ST up front and hence don't have one or whatever but for them to be given as many as they were which is quite obviously less than travels with them to a league game at Falkirk is a kick in the nads to those of us who travel ourselves week in week out.

Surely home games are the bread and butter though, and the people who made a financial commiment to the club at the start of the season should be given as much chance as possible to buy a ticket?

I just don't understand why the SA are given a priority.

Also, do they actually advertise how to join the SA? I can't recall seeing anything advertised about actually joining up..

Always exceptions unfortunately but doesn't take away form the fact the Association are an official body therefore are in a position to request tickets and state their case. Any other avenue for a fairer distribution can surely be looked at but seems to be no matter how it's done someone will complain.

I think there is, or was a section on the official site.

If you travel on their buses or join a branch- these are all advertised in the local press and online in the match previews, then you can join for a fee.

The home fans are the bread and butter of course, thus the Season Ticket holders who made the commitment to the club get the first dibs on the sale, but as its an away cup tie, it is a way for the club to make amends for their lack of support to the SA in the past by offering them a % of tickets.

See this pissed me of no end

Not that SA members are entitled to the ticket/s just that I had to get out my scratcher at 0600 and they get to lead a normal day.

If they club truly want to be fair to the different groups that they have decided are entitled to these tickets then imho:

SA members should be given an ID/membership card as such and they should then be entitled to queue up with the Season ticket holders early doors to get sought after tickets.

Ideally and hopefully in the future a MFC travel club can be initiated to register away attendance and distribute tickets to those that support the team at all away venues

Not missed a game all season lucky enough i got a ticket on saturday after queing for a long time.

Dont agree with the SA getting 100 tickets im not a member but have probablly travelled to more games than the majority of members have, but there was a chance i might not of got a ticket.

That's the gamble, either join an official body or risk missing out when events like this occur. Always been the case, we just haven't had the requirement for a while.

All those who travel independently might like to suggest a way the club can register them if they prefer to stay independent. Forget individual stories, there are limited avenues open for ticket distribution to our fan base, our traveling fans number very few usually but without a registration process what chance do the club have of knowing about everyone who deserves to be further up the list by virtue of folowing the team away?

Ideally and hopefully in the future a MFC travel club can be initiated to register away attendance and distribute tickets to those that support the team at all away venues

All those who travel independently might like to suggest a way the club can register them if they prefer to stay independent.

:blink::lol: