Supporters Assosication

Mitch

SA I think are quite entitled to a cut. That said 100 out of 500 probably a bit much. I imagine many regulars on SA buses also have seasons and could take advantage of snapping up tickets via their season and SA membership.

But what ya gonna do, however it dished out people will be disappointed and end of the day it 500 Well fans that will be ending up with the tickets good luck to them however they got them.

The Supporter's Association had to write to the club and ask for any allocation. Maybe if individuals were in some other form of body, they could have done the same.

There are six branches of the SA that I'm aware of, so that's like 16 tickets per branch, however I'm sure if there are any tickets going spare they will be passed on.

Not really the point though. The SA offers me nothing as I would never choose to go on their bus (in no way a slight on what they do) and I would assume there is some sort of pre-requisite if you get a SA ticket for this you need to go on the bus. Kind of limits your day to the times of their buses (again not a slight just why its not for me). I just don't understand why, when I assume the vast majority of their members are also ST holders, they get the guarantee of a ticket. Would be perfectly happy if they could turn up with a SA membership card or a ST at FP for a ticket but just handing them to the SA, to me, is unfair.

Would be perfectly happy if they could turn up with a SA membership card or a ST at FP for a ticket but just handing them to the SA, to me, is unfair.

Good point Tweed, but what of the plight for folks who can't get to FP to Q or live too far away to make it viable ?

I doubt MFC will ever be able to implement a system which will guarantee 100% satisfaction/agreement from its fan base, but I see this recent initiative as a step in the right direction. Hopefully lessons can be learned and we will see continuous improvement to their ticket distribution process.

Good point Tweed, but what of the plight for folks who can't get to FP to Q or live too far away to make it viable ? I doubt MFC will ever be able to implement a system which will guarantee 100% satisfaction/agreement from its fan base.....

Totally agree big man. The Inverurie ticketing arrangements were a good example. The club showed some initiative in holding back tickets until last Saturday morning. That allowed some of our group from Fife to travel through early for 08.15 to queue for tickets. The only downside was that they had to hang around for over 6 hours until KO. Thats all we've ever asked for - a fair chance of securing tickets.

You're right that no arrangement could ever be 100% satisfactory.

In these days of dwindeling support (our turn out at Hamilton when the team needed supporting was bordering on pathetic) i think that it's right that the club supports and rewards the Supporters Association , if anyone wants to travel to an away game they know that through the SA they can , be it through an individual bus or one of their group efforts if numbers are low.

Im not a SA member and think i last travelled on an official bus when i was a regular on Big Liz's when it ran from the baths but the SA are very valuable when it comes to away support and their efforts should be helped at every turn IMO. Those moaning about it , join up , next time you'll get a ticket and you'll be helping ensure that the SA continues and there'll be transport available for those wanting to back the team in the future. Of course you wouldnt be able to moan then , that might put some of you off.

In these days of dwindeling support (our turn out at Hamilton when the team needed supporting was bordering on pathetic) i think that it's right that the club supports and rewards the Supporters Association , if anyone wants to travel to an away game they know that through the SA they can , be it through an individual bus or one of their group efforts if numbers are low.

Im not a SA member and think i last travelled on an official bus when i was a regular on Big Liz's when it ran from the baths but the SA are very valuable when it comes to away support and their efforts should be helped at every turn IMO. Those moaning about it , join up , next time you'll get a ticket and you'll be helping ensure that the SA continues and there'll be transport available for those wanting to back the team in the future. Of course you wouldnt be able to moan then , that might put some of you off.

Come on £22 just before christmas with game live on telly!

Come on £22 just before christmas with game live on telly!

You forgot the credit crunch as well. Was still a terrible showing at the first league derby in donkeys years ten minutes away at a time when the team needed support.

A lot of folk preferred to spend their money in the pub , supporting the team by watching the telly , their perogative . It does mean IMO that those folk have no right to demand tickets when they suddenly find the money a couple of weeks after Christmas to go on an all day bender 170 miles from home to see us play a pub team.

Nothing really to do with the point of the thread so i'll leave it at that.

I suspect many people might have had to make the decision to pick and choose and for most people the excitement of somewhere new in the cup probably holds greater appeal than overpriced league games. I was at Accies but don't blame a soul for choosing to not go under circumstances, even if it is just so they can afford a jolly to a cup tie.

Not missed a game all season lucky enough i got a ticket on saturday after queing for a long time.

Dont agree with the SA getting 100 tickets im not a member but have probablly travelled to more games than the majority of members have, but there was a chance i might not of got a ticket.

Not absolutely sure how you know that you've probably travelled to more games than the majority of members have. Haven't a clue how many games you've travelled to but know for a fact of many assocation members who haven't missed a game for very many years. Though as someone else mentioned this isn't a competition to see who the best fans are.

The association has been in existence for many many years and have consistently attempted to make travelling to away games as easy as possible for people. I realise the buses aren't everyones idea of the perfect way to get to games but can't knock them for their efforts.