Wee Bit O' Gossip

Eddiesteelman

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So basically injury mis-diagnosed and Celtic are maybe interested and some of our guys have him as the modern day Judas Iscariot. I'll tell you for nothing Celtic will not be in the least bit interested if he does not play at least half a season for us and develops. As it stands they will need to pay a fee and unless there is a high probability of SPL/CL capabilities they won't. As for him not signing the contract there are an number of reasons - could be he is concentrating on rehabilitation, seeking advice from his folks/agent etc. I think we will be seeing a fair bit of Slane come the second half of the season and it will be up to him to impress.

Message for Paul.

Just in case you read these boards kiddo - sorry to hear about your injury set back. On behalf of all Motherwell fans, I wish you a speedy return to fitness. Hope you get a run in the first team soon.

If you've read this far down, you'll notice we have a number of manic depressives on hear. Please be assured that although heavily medicated, they are still prone to talking negative dross at the slightest whiff of a rumour.

Cheers

Message for Paul.

Just in case you read these boards kiddo - sorry to hear about your injury set back. On behalf of all Motherwell fans, I wish you a speedy return to fitness. Hope you get a run in the first team soon.

If you've read this far down, you'll notice we have a number of manic depressives on hear. Please be assured that although heavily medicated, they are still prone to talking negative dross at the slightest whiff of a rumour.

Cheers

:wallbash:

Yip,

"This has been a set-back but I'll be working hard to get back fit and doing well for Motherwell ."

I wonder if Frazzle will remove the slane - pearson post, or if this statement is still not enough for him. B-)

I think Frazzle is just anti-Ginger, he didnt like McLeish either! No place for this type of intolerance in todays game. He should be banned (from here) for life.....or maybe at least 20mins....MODERATORS?!?! :wallbash:

Boy this has grown arms and legs !!! I was under the impression that the first post was quite positive, in that although he'd require another op, he did see his immediate future at Fir Park.

My thoughts exactly Eddie. We should give the lad some space to get back to fitness and JG space to deal with his contract.

Some on here would would do well to remember Simo Valakari who treated the club and fans abominably but was well thought of nonetheless.

Right guys, lets bring this into real world. This is a 17yr old that has been with MFC for over 5yrs @ youth level & about 1 yr in first team. Has been highly thought of at the club for that time. He Is one of the fastest players in the SPL and is having a few problems with his calfs. He was never injury prone in the youths. In my opinion the step up to the 1st team training /set -up has taken it`s toll.

On the celtic thing. He has never personally stated he wanted to sign for them. What i will say is that, out of the current 19`s squad, there are very few MFC supporters, but everyone of them give 100% for the team and the club. When they play against the team that they support, they give even more (if that is possible) to try and impress. This even applies to the 1st team. In my opinion paul will sign another contract and we see what he can really do in the spl. The most ironic thing about all this celtic thing is, that it`s a certain Mr McCart that is trying to steal paul away from FP.

Get fit soon Paul.

The most ironic thing about all this celtic thing is, that it`s a certain Mr McCart that is trying to steal paul away from FP.

We don't know what is going on behind the scenes. That said I agree with you Wee G. Unless MFC has been actively trying to punt him to Celtic during Mark McGhee's reign (highly unlikely I'd say) then the obvious conclusion to be drawn is that Chris McCart is doing his best to poach the cream of our young talent - Steven Lawless anyone? In my eyes, IF thats true, then it doesn't paint Chris in a very good light. However he's escaped criticism so far on these boards.

At the danger of going off at a huge tangent how does it not paint Chris McCart in a good light? A players' value is what the buyer and the seller agree. I'd expect anyone who leaves here to be trying to purchase our best players that they know about or any player they like that they have seen when on scouting missions with us for their new team. Its good business sense. Likewise I expect Peter Ward and Jim Gannon to do the same for Motherwell. We're not going to moan if we get some kid from Stockport on the cheap are we? So when it happens the other way we can't grumble. And as a by the by out of Coke, Hately, Mauoatawhatsit, Jutkiewitz, Jennings and Humphrey - how many do you think were found on Motherwell's time and how many on stockport's? Lifes tough and you have to make the best of your current position. Rant over and I still think there is no chance of Slane going to Celtic until such time he has had at least a successful six months with us.

We don't know what is going on behind the scenes. That said I agree with you Wee G. Unless MFC has been actively trying to punt him to Celtic during Mark McGhee's reign (highly unlikely I'd say) then the obvious conclusion to be drawn is that Chris McCart is doing his best to poach the cream of our young talent - Steven Lawless anyone? In my eyes, IF thats true, then it doesn't paint Chris in a very good light. However he's escaped criticism so far on these boards.

It`s hard to criticise chris mcCart , because he`s only doing his job, but if it`s true that they have had bids rejected, then take no for an answer and leave the boy alone. Let them pay through the nose for him in about 3yrs, but hopefully he goes down south to bigger things.

Steven Lawless ...1 to watch next year. But need to get him signed up first.

As far as I know, Ryan Scanlon was homesick and wanted to return to the central belt to be nearer his home. Thats a different situation.

I'm sure Jim Gannon was quoted as saying that he would not pilfer players from Stockport and I have no problem with that.

As far as Paul Slane is concerned if anyone cares to read between the lines on this thread, Paul Slane has patently been tapped by someone at Celtic. Not a good example to set.

At the danger of going off at a huge tangent how does it not paint Chris McCart in a good light? A players' value is what the buyer and the seller agree. I'd expect anyone who leaves here to be trying to purchase our best players that they know about or any player they like that they have seen when on scouting missions with us for their new team. Its good business sense. Likewise I expect Peter Ward and Jim Gannon to do the same for Motherwell. We're not going to moan if we get some kid from Stockport on the cheap are we? So when it happens the other way we can't grumble. And as a by the by out of Coke, Hately, Mauoatawhatsit, Jutkiewitz, Jennings and Humphrey - how many do you think were found on Motherwell's time and how many on stockport's? Lifes tough and you have to make the best of your current position. Rant over and I still think there is no chance of Slane going to Celtic until such time he has had at least a successful six months with us.

McCart worked long enough with Slane to already know if he's recommending a bid or not , getting him while injured would likely save them a few quid in compo due to lack of 1st team action. Quite ironic that Islam whatever his name is was hauled in for a meeting at the Piggery with McCart not so long ago as bigger clubs were/are trying to turn his head.

4 pages and counting on a rumour about a 17 year old plooky youth that has barely kicked a ball for us <_<

McCart worked long enough with Slane to already know if he's recommending a bid or not , getting him while injured would likely save them a few quid in compo due to lack of 1st team action.

2 years ago would have agreed but with the current financial climate I don't see them risking buying anyone where a fee would be involved without more concrete proof of first team capabilities.

2 years ago would have agreed but with the current financial climate I don't see them risking buying anyone where a fee would be involved without more concrete proof of first team capabilities.

You think he'd be going into their first team ? Maloney, McCourt , McGeady , McGinn , Robson , Mizuno then theres their youth team ....

Celtic buy Scottish players to move them on and to their credit only rarely do they end up with Riorden situations where they fail to do so

in the current climate the fee being talked about for Slane is less than two weeks wages for Scott Brown

Some on here would would do well to remember Simo Valakari who treated the club and fans abominably but was well thought of nonetheless.

how exactly did simo treat the club and fans abominably? if anything he was treated poorly when john davies and paul harvey were getting a game in front of him (which cost us europe imo).

it must be frazzle's time of the month. getting whipped up into a frenzy then admitting he doesn't actually know anything about the situation a couple of posts later :lol: . you don't perchance have a big brother who's gonnae batter paul slane?

all the speculation about slane is getting beyond a joke. the boy's 17 he's looks a good player but he's out of contract at the end of the season and he's got the same rights as everyone else. motherwell release near enough a dozen players every year, it's a business.

how exactly did simo treat the club and fans abominably? if anything he was treated poorly when john davies and paul harvey were getting a game in front of him (which cost us europe imo).

it must be frazzle's time of the month. getting whipped up into a frenzy then admitting he doesn't actually know anything about the situation a couple of posts later :lol: . you don't perchance have a big brother who's gonnae batter paul slane?

all the speculation about slane is getting beyond a joke. the boy's 17 he's looks a good player but he's out of contract at the end of the season and he's got the same rights as everyone else. motherwell release near enough a dozen players every year, it's a business.

But Slane isnt just any player is he? The boy is class.

But Slane isnt just any player is he? The boy is class.

that's my point the shoe's on the other foot this time.

if we don't want a young boy it's cheerio, don't let the door hit your arse on the way out. this time the young out of contract boy might not want us, i don't see how we can complain.