Relegation - Who Will It Be?

El Grew

Just wondered who might be for the chop this season and how many points we'd need to avoid it. Based on all seasons of the SPL the stats below might give some clues.

ALL TIME (1975/76 - 2007/08)

Average number points of teams relegated = 22

Highest number of points to be relegated = 36 (Dundee Utd 1994/95)

Lowest number of points to be relegated = 11 (St Johnstone 1975/76)

IN 12 TEAM SPL

Average number points of teams relegated = 24

Highest number of points to be relegated = 33 (Dundee 1994/94)

Lowest number of points to be relegated = 13 (Gretna 2007/08)

So how many points will we need to be safe? Here are our fixtures up to the split:

ST MIRREN (AWAY) HEARTS (HOME) DUNDEE UTD (AWAY) FALKIRK (HOME) HIBS (AWAY) HAMILTON (HOME) CELTIC (HOME) ICT (AWAY) HEARTS (AWAY) DUNDEE UTD (HOME) KILMARNOCK (AWAY) ABERDEEN (HOME) RANGERS (AWAY) ST MIRREN (HOME)

I don't think hamilton will go down. After the game on Saturday, I find it hard for anyone to believe ICT will actually stay up. Hamilton have to much dig and fight in them, and St Mirren also have a couple of players who are able to pull things out the bag. The dismantling of ICT has already started...wait for Brewster to be under fire over february time if they go crashing out the Scottish cup.

I think we are safe, and only at the end of january will the league take shape properly.

Thought it would be Inverness at the start and at the moment they don't look like they could beat anyone. Accies have a bit about them and McCarthy and McArthur have that bit of quality in the middle that so many teams lack. I stuggle to see ICT hitting 30 to be honest.

would love it to be St. Mirren. Moving to a new stadium and going down how i would laugh. I think it will be ITC

I agree!

Plus, we can all go on the P&B and whenever their annoying wee fuckers of fans come on the SPL Forum we can tell them to leave and head off to the First Division forum with their tail between their legs!

Oooh, how I'd laugh!