Favourite 'well Player Ever

ONeils40yarder

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I always find this hard to narrow it down to just a single player. Gahagan, O'Neill, Arnott, Cooper, Russell, Nijholt, O'Donnell and McFadden are some who instantly spring to mind. There will be others if I actually stopped to think about it. I'm not fortunate enough to be able to say I saw the likes of Wark, Pettigrew, Graham, etc in the flesh.

That said, the player I always settle on is the man who showed us that even clumsy big awkward fuggers can be club greats.... Stevie Kirk. In my eyes, he's a legend.

Pettigrew, Graham, McRae, Marinello, Wark, McLair (the first time), Gregor Stevens (the first time), Jaws Forsyth, Nijholt, Tommy Boyd (especially when he played sweeper), McVie, Coyne, Cooper, Bobby Russell, Faddy, Gahagan, Uncle Phil, Stevie Kirk, Shuggie Sproat, Brian Heron, Jumbo Muir, Kirkie Lawson, Dixie Deans, both Psychos etc. etc.

Been lucky enough to have seen many great players and characters strut their stuff at Fir Park. Impossible to pick even a top 10.