Favourite 'well Player Ever

ONeils40yarder

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fraser Wishart was my fav when I started going to games but I don't know if I could pick an all time fav

Fraser was my childhood favourite too. I remember getting my photo taken with him in the late 1980' and my old dear sending it in to Fir Park to get him to sign it. It duly came back all signed with this really nice letter thanking us for our support and saying how we were better teams than the likes of Hibs and St Mirren in our league.

Within a year he was gone. To St Mirren.....

Overall though it has to be Softy for me closely followed by quite a number. For me though Softy just epitomises everything that I want to see in a player. Perhaps not the greatest talent but he used every last inch of what he had every time he played. He was totally committed and recovered from at least 2 major snubs from Tommy McLean (dropped to the reserves for 6 months and overlooked for the Final) to go on earn himself a 'Well deserved testimonial.

Take a bow Softy!!

For me, McFadden. Due to the unfortunate timing of my birth, there haven't been many real heroes. Always loved Dougie Arnott as well though. Still get a wee thrill when I see him in Carluke.