Just A Thought.....

Emmjay

I didn't say Motherwell was going downhill from last Christmas.

I said they experienced the most awful trauma last Christmas.

I said that I felt since the summer, that Mr McGhee has appeared to be misjudging the support his players required, and that in my opinion, it is not entirely unconnected with the "non move" elsewhere.

I've been underwhelmed by a manager doing his job.

When the team finished last season, Mr McGhee was lauded for his measured style in dealing with a team of players who were left reeling after the tragedy last Christmas.

Approaching the first anniversary of any bereavement is difficult, and I felt that, particularly since the start of the season, Mr McGhee has perhaps misjudged the sensitivity needed to address this.

Its nothing to do with a manager jumping up and down on the sidelines.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think people might have thought that it was because of the part of your post that suggested that he wasn't animated enough.

The anniversary must also have been difficult for McGhee, the fact is, we only see what we see for 90 minutes per week, when the team are on the field, we don't see how McGhee treats the players the rest of the time.

All of us, myself included are just speculating.

Thats not what I said, and to conclude your opinion misquoting me invalidates yours......to an extent....although I respect your reply.

How can I misquote you when I reprinted your whole post?

If you are talking about me paraphrasing your words into McGhee having "lost the plot" I would say that's a pretty fair assumption giving the gist of your post. I would have thought that given what happened over the first five months of this year you would have reassessed your comments accordingly.

Your comment about respecting my reply is patronising in the extreme, and doesn't for one minute alter my opinion that your original post was a load of witless tosh perpetrated by someone with scant knowledge of the game of football.