Tickets For St Mirren

mfc

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Spotted this on P&B (taken from the St Mirren official site), thought it might be worth mentioning....

Saturday, January 3rd - a date that has been in many a St Mirren fan's diary for a long time - is now just three days away.

As we all know the visit of Motherwell to St Mirren Park this coming Saturday will see the old Love Street stadium host its last ever League game - and if there is to be no Scottish Cup replay against Brechin City - then it will be the last game ever!

Over and above the 90 minutes of football that will be on display on Saturday, the Club have lined up a list of events to celebrate the closing of our old Love Street home.

The events are as follow:

2:00pm - 3:00pm - The Paisley Pipe Band

Half-Time - Two 5-a-side matches taking place between Hamony Row Under 8's and Under 10's against their counterparts from Johnstone Burgh.

Full-Time - There will be in excess of 50 former St Mirren players in attendance, they will all be introduced to the fans. Once that is done they will be joined by the present St Mirren squad of players. Black & White balloons will then be released as the Paisley Pipe Band lead everyone in the stadium to a rendition of 'Auld Lang Syne'.

The pitch will then be cleared to make way for a firework display which is expected to last for 5 minutes or so then that will be followed by the Paisley Pipe Band playing, 'Oh when the Saints' as everybody departs from the stadium.

Please note that there is the possibility of a Scottish Cup replay against Brechin City which the Club may have to prepare for to be played at the Love Street stadium so we would like to request of our fans, and other spectators on the day, to please refrain from coming on the pitch and attempting to take any of the fixtures and fittings from the stadium.

There will be a chance to attain these things early in the New Year, an announcement will be made soon on how to acquire souvenirs of the Love Street stadium.

The most important thing is for everyone to enjoy the celebrations on Saturday in a safe environment and for it to be a day that we will all fondly look back on in the years to come.

© The St Mirren Football Club Official Website

In case anyone's interested.

My mate phoned up St Mirren yesterday to ask about this, and the person he spoke to denied all knowledge of tickets going on sale on the day of the game.

Oh dear.. Hope they are going on sale at Love Street or me and my pal are shafted.

I think anyone hoping for a ticket (myself included) could be sorely dissapointed. :unsure:

The referee for Saturday's Clydesdale Bank Premier League fixture against Motherwell at St Mirren Park will be Mr Alan Muir.

The game kicks-off at 3:00pm.

Season Tickets ARE valid for this game.

Tickets for this match are now SOLD OUT!

There were only 100 left late on on Tue and it was relatively busy when I went up for mine on Wed morning (there was a wee queue). I doubt we'll have many left but the site did say at one point extras would be sent back. Someone posted on here though that they phoned Love St and that wasn't the case.

Hope this helps in some way

There were only 100 left late on on Tue and it was relatively busy when I went up for mine on Wed morning (there was a wee queue). I doubt we'll have many left but the site did say at one point extras would be sent back. Someone posted on here though that they phoned Love St and that wasn't the case.

Hope this helps in some way

My uncle said he phoned fir park today and was told that there would be 500 tickets on sale at love street tomorrow, me and my mate are going to head through and see what the deal is.

can anybody confirm if 500 tickets are going on sale before the morras game

Highly doubt 500 tickets will go on sale tomorrow - maybe 100 at best but, St Mirren have said they are not going on sale tomorrow and Motherwell say they are..

Due to recent debacles I'd be more trustworthy of St Mirrens backroom staff than our own! :P

how hard can it be for somebody at the club to contact St Mirren, confirm what the situation with any remaining tickets is and then post it up on the official site. Me and my mate will be travelling through not knowing if we will get a ticket or not. If Motherwell are to be believed we will, if St Mirren are to be believed we wont.