St Mirren Away, League Cup 1/4 Final

steelboy

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Could have been worse I might have been there to witness it.

I can't say I was full to the brim with confidence but getting cuffed 3-0 to a team that isn't by any stretch a cut above ourselves is unacceptable. As for 5 at the back, easy to say in hindsight I know but sounds mental and a bit like McGhees even more mental line up in cup tie last year one that has me scratching my head. Ok they have a couple of bruisers up front but I'd rather we took a more positive approach and get the ball down and play rather than man the barricades at the back.

Hopefully more insightful comments from people at the game later.

I'd rather get a result against Hearts this weekend anyway. You don't even get into Europe through winning that crappy cup anyway.

If we were going to lose we might as well do it in style to give them a good kick up the arse.

Agreed!! <_<

Really disappointing. St Mirren are generally very average indeed so to be outplayed by them over 120 mins of football is really poor.

I would say that it is a genuine indicator that M/well have not progressed as far as we would like to think.

I think the jinx seems to come every time Well fans actually start feeling optimistic and turn out in numbers to support the team. Very little concilation tonight I'm afraid and I don't buy the pish about it being a diddy cup. It's a cup we would love to win.

I would say that it is a genuine indicator that M/well have not progressed as far as we would like to think.
It's a genuine indicator of what we said at the start of the season. When you have a team full of youngsters you are going to get some performances that are excellent and some that are poor. What you won't get is as much consistency as you might like.

St Mirren were the only team to beat both of the old firm last season.

Exactly. United play well against the Old Firm - but they hardly ever beat them. St Johnstone also play well against them. It's a cup, everyone can beat everyone - not to mention last time I checked Celtic were not yet through to the Semi Finals.

It's a genuine indicator of what we said at the start of the season. When you have a team full of youngsters you are going to get some performances that are excellent and some that are poor. What you won't get is as much consistency as you might like.

I would agree with this actually. It's just disappointing when it happens. Only thing I would say is that apart from the Kilmarnock game we have yet to have a convincing victory this season.

Same old, same old, same fucking old.

Out the cup meekly again to beatable oppostion. I'd go as far as to say Motherwell should just withdraw from all cup competitions entirely because our exits every year to teams that are no better than at best our equals are as painful as they are predictable.

One team learned it's lessons from Saturday, and it wasn't us. Pretty embarrassing to lose 6 goals to St Mirren within the space of 4 days.

For the first time since Gannon took over I'm raging with Motherwell.

Not good enough, not even fucking close.

Disappointed by the result tonight but I expected it would be a difficult game. Looking forward to hearing reports from those who attended , can't rely on Chick F****** Young. We appeared to have a more defensive line up but still lost three. I'm also curious about Gannons comments on players distracting other players and if anyone can shed some light on it, that would be appreciated.

I was really looking forward to a semi at least

Same old, same old, same fucking old.

Out the cup meekly again to beatable oppostion. I'd go as far as to say Motherwell should just withdraw from all cup competitions entirely because our exits every year to teams that are no better than at best our equals are as painful as they are predictable.

One team learned it's lessons from Saturday, and it wasn't us. Pretty embarrassing to lose 6 goals to St Mirren within the space of 4 days.

For the first time since Gannon took over I'm raging with Motherwell.

Not good enough, not even fucking close.

I can see what you are saying but like it or not St Mirren are about the same level at us, have similar budget and similar standard of player and ar on as 'good' a run of form as us this season with perhaps even better results. They were at home this time and won by a few goals. If we beat them 3-0 at Fir Park would it be shock?

That's why it has to just go down as a shitey result but not a catostrophic one. I would actually be more gutted at losing to Hearts at Saturday.

Not a disaster and certainly not anything to be raging about - that's why being a 'Well fan is so great - things have to get really bad for us to be raging surely.

Craigan was fucking woeful tonight, but with our back line so young, we need his experience

Why? Players should be picked based on performance not age/expierence. Otto Rehhage was keen on stating that they were no young or old players,just good and bad ones.

time to get rid of craigan me thinks

Wasnt there, or heard the game or anything but here we go <_<

If it was a deflected cross as I've heard, he would probably get pelters if he left it and they scored anyway. He did his best, get off his back.

And the 'fishal says 3-4-3 formation, is that right? Just unusual for us.