Accies Game On 7th Nov

Special aka

• Replies 435
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just read back on the comments from while the game was going on. The amount of complete and utter shite you lot spout is unreal. Don't try and make judgements when you aren't there to see what's going on.

How about the utter shite spouted from the East Stand during the game

A cracking game very difficult to be negative{some people on here manage it mind you}. If we'd scored the pen we'd've won at a canter as it was a point away is fine by me against a decent Accies team who've gubbed Hibs and St.Mirren. Did we?? to come back twice as we did against St.Johnstone away says a lot for our young team and one defeat is superb. Remember we were 4 players down too and with the wee break coming up we'll be ready for Aberdeen. We're definately heading in the right direction and despite a couple of bloody noses this season we've came back so lets get right behind them MON THE WELL! :doh:

Who was the accies player that had a word in Forbes ear just before he takes the penalty then again after he misses. You can see on the highlights the after one.

That annoyed the fuck out of me at the time and still grates that we don't have a 'protector' for our inexperienced players, it certainly looked like he was fucking with Ross's head

I'd imagine someone like Paul Quinn would have 'removed' Wesolowski had he seen that developing.

As for the game, Gannon got it wrong, we were cruising in the first half, confidence was high and it looked like it would be only a matter of time to wrap up 3 points

Something was blatently wrong after half time, perhaps 20-25mins of the most hapless football I've every seen from Motherwell, clearly some had been put right off their game

with the defence already being weakened/experimental, hooking Craggs and dropping Hately in was crazy, why play 3 from 4 out of position instead of moving in Reynolds or the lad Page.

Still plenty of glimpses of the good thats around the team just now but so frustrating that much of that good is undone by bravado?

Oh aye and Jim O'brien should get some coaching on being focussed on winning instead of fighting/arguing the injustice of a decision he doesn't agree with, when we're chasing a game we need the ball in play not playing into the oppositions hands by running the clock down arguing with the officials

On a whole another step in the development, point in the bag, strikers scoring, good fightback but tinged with concern of unrest and greed for more

i thought we actually started ok after halftime, we made a couple of chances and i felt that if we kept plugging away then we'd eventually get the goal. accies having ten men worked against us, the players seemed to panic from about 55 minutes and because accies were sitting so deep and letting us bring the ball right up to about 40 yards from their goal our players seemed to get quite confused about what to do as there basically wasn't a midifeld any more so you had mainly saunders coming out with the ball and not really knowing what to do with it. we also suffered because everything was everything was so narrow, it was always the centrehalfs bringing the ball out rather than the (not fullbacks). although reynolds bombed on well we really missed hammell's passing.

the most annoying thing for me was that o'brien was running riot during the last 20 of the first half but in the second we only got the ball to him once (and he was fouled straight away). he was playing in a strange area of the park where he wasn't effective at all. i think we'd benefit from keeping it simple sometimes, if he had played out wide we'd have been able to get the ball to him no bother.

Just watched the highlights, we dominated them completely if they are to be believed, pity we couldn't get one of those scrambles over the line.

Just seen the highlights too. Their keeper had an inspired game, any other day Reynolds late effort would have slotted under the keeper and in. Any point away from home is a point gained in my opinion, to be unbeaten on our travels at the beginning of December (our next away game aint until then) is the sort-of stuff we never could have dreamt of. Aye, it could have been even better, but way back in June when McGhee left, who would have said no to what we have now?

To be fair, he changed the formation. Murphy was brought on to make the team more attacking. He just hooked the wrong man. Accies were playing 1 up front after the sending off and Gannon obviously thought he could get away with 1 centre half. It was almost like he had Saunders man marking their centre forward with Hatley as a sweeper.

He should have just hooked Forbes or Hatley to change it rather than Craigan. Mistake by the gaffer, but so long as he gets more right than wrong we will be fine!

I don't think so really. The tactics maybe changed but the formation didn't, we were still playing a 4-4-2, just that Murphy is more likely to run at players than Forbes. A straight swap there would have been sensible. And yeah to be honest it's the one early substitution I've seen him make that's failed to pay off. Beats McGhee bringing on Fitzpatrick for Lasley or Smith for Murphy in 87 minutes!

Missed the game and just watched the highlights. Haven't read much of the thread but I thought we looked really pacy and skillful when attacking. Hope it was like that for everyone who made it to the match. Murphy's goal was a belter and was impressed with the couple of things Jennings did. Reid vandalising the dugout was one of the funniest things I've seen at football for a while ;)

Still frustrated at not taking all 3 points on Saturday when we really should have after the penalty and them being down to ten men for two thirds of the game.

Felt sorry for Craigan been taking off at half time and if he wasn't injured it was a mindless decision by Gannon that ultimately cost us the game. Jennings was our best player when he came on, a lot more direct and got forward a lot unlike others. Poor defending at both goals that could have easily been prevented.

Cracking goal by Murphy and it was great to see how much it meant to him. Hilarious watching that moaning faced c**t Reid falling on his arse over and over again.

Still frustrated at not taking all 3 points on Saturday when we really should have after the penalty and them being down to ten men for two thirds of the game.

Felt sorry for Craigan been taking off at half time and if he wasn't injured it was a mindless decision by Gannon that ultimately cost us the game. Jennings was our best player when he came on, a lot more direct and got forward a lot unlike others. Poor defending at both goals that could have easily been prevented.

Cracking goal by Murphy and it was great to see how much it meant to him. Hilarious watching that moaning faced c**t Reid falling on his arse over and over again.

I think it is unfair to say it was mindless. I disagree with it but I'm quite sure he had a rational reason to do so. Putting on another attacking player and taking the game to Accies presumably. I'd argue it was to early and backfired somewhat. I just hope it wasn't based on some sort of show of power with an experienced player.

Craigan won't go on forever and it is good to see we have some young centre halfs that look more than capable of coming in but on the face of it his handling of Craigan looks suspect. I felt Craigan was playing fine this season and some of Gannon's comments could be construed as scapegoating. Being in and out of the team hasn't helped Craigan and certainly didn't think he was a liability on saturday and if you are going to be as bold as he was then surely you leave on your more experienced centre half to help keep things organised rather than have two very inexperienced lads at the back with fullbacks outside them not entirely accustomed to playing there.

First half too much space between midfiedlers and forwards. The forwards were winning some long balls, but no one to latch on to the knockdowns. Forbes and Coke sitting far too deep.

Don't know why Craigan was removed, seems like Gannon is almost going out his way to pick only younsters or his own signings. Why move a defensive midfielder into centre half (and remove Craigan) when both full backs were out of position, leaving a somewhat makeshift defence. I can see that Hately is a better passer than Craigan, but surely his experience would have been useful?

Humphries looks really good in full stride, we should be using him better, especially against the wee teams.

Watched it (twice) on Alba.

IMHO Hamilton didn't look like the team who played most of the game with 10 men :notworthy:

However, we're 11 games into a league campaign with a new manager who inherited a team of ball-boys who are 5th in the table and unbeaten away from home and for want of a missed penalty against the Buns and poor finishing at Pittodrie could be challenging for top spot.

Would we have settled for this at the end of June ? :)