First Well Game?

dazamfc

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First game was a 1-0 win against Morton and I can't remember what season it was or even what competition it was in. First game without my faither was a 0-0 draw with Hearts (Rousset's debut). First away game was a 4-1 v St Johnstone in the cup winning season.

Mines was against Dundee United at Fir Park in 1998. Wasn't sure of that for a while, but checked that statistic thing on the club website and found the details :P

30.09.98, kick-off 18.05. We won 1-0, Kai Nyyssonen scored just before half-time.

Motherwell Team :

Mikko Kaven

Stephen McMillan

Shaun Teale

Michael Doesburg

Jamie McGowan

Simo Valakari

Brian McClair

Rob Matthaei

Ian Ross

Owen Coyle

Kai Nyyssonen

This is very precise :P

My first Well game was Motherwell v Celtic at Parkhead and ended up 1-1.

Not sure of the year but it was my first football game ever and as my whole family are Celtic fans I was supporting Celtic :P

My first game after i seen the light was against Hibs and ended in a 0-0 draw, again not sure of the year but it was followed by us beating Dundee 3-0 the following week. Think it may have been the 1994 season

My first game was against Clyde. Hate to say it but i was supporting Clyde! not my fault! i was only about 7 or 8 and my big cousin was playing for them (Martin Scott) think it was a midweek game and Davie Cooper was playing. If anyone knows what the score was can u let me know?

Mines was against Dundee United at Fir Park in 1998. Wasn't sure of that for a while, but checked that statistic thing on the club website and found the details :P

30.09.98, kick-off 18.05. We won 1-0, Kai Nyyssonen scored just before half-time.

Motherwell Team :

Mikko Kaven

Stephen McMillan

Shaun Teale

Michael Doesburg

Jamie McGowan

Simo Valakari

Brian McClair

Rob Matthaei

Ian Ross

Owen Coyle

Kai Nyyssonen

This is very precise :P

not my first game but i remember it clearly, probably becuase it's the only time i've had to watch a game from the south stand. i was raging i didn't get in the east. shivute ran riot in the second half.

i can even rememeber watching micheal owen scoring a hat trick for liverpool against newcastle on sky before heading up to fir park. think it was ruud gullit's first game in charge.

nae idea what my first ever game was, probably when i was 4 or 5.

my first game was well vs killie but my da took us in the away end for some reason. no idea when it was tho. well won 2-0 i think spencer scored but what i remember was killie scoring a penalty but the ref made them retake it and the guy missed! think it was woods that saved it

22nd August, 1981. Scottish League Cup Preliminary Round Group 4.

Motherwell 0 Partick Thistle 1

Alan Rough saved a Brian McLaughlin penalty as we lost narrowly. Went to the game as a neutral, came away a Motherwell fan and have been since!

My old mind is playing tricks. I know my first game was in March 1970 (on my 5th birthday). I thought it was Dundee Utd we played, but looking at the fixture list it was Partick Thistle we beat (3 - 1). As much as I enjoyed being at the game, I was equally interested in the Kia-Ora and the Chipmunk Crisps.