First Well Game?

dazamfc

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Either 1984 or 85. I was 4 or 5.

'twas at Fir Park against some team that played all in green in the First Division. Not sure who it was.

All I remember is that we scored a fair few and I started to feel sorry for the other team.

Someone will need to fill in the details for my first well game. It was 1994 or around that time. It was Motherwell v Dundee Utd and my primary school got free tickets for the top tier of the south stand. I *think* we won 3-1 and I vaguely remember something to do with part of the goal breaking or something after a shot hit the cross bar. (Paul McGrillen possibly?)

My first football game was at fir park when the davie cooper stand was still just terracing. It was a scotland u18s (or 16s?) game and my mum's pal's son was playing for scotland. I must've been about 4 or 5 and entertained myself by hanging upside down over one of the railings...

Motherwell v Hearts at Fir Park in April 1984. Don't remember much about it except I was sitting in the main stand and lost 1-0. We were relegated that season (possibly even that day) so my first full season watching the 'Well was in the 1st Division.

Think mine was in the 1993/94 season against Dundee United, not sure what the score was but i think we got beaten. Will have to ask my dad. All i know is my dad was meant to be going to B&Q then Tescos and my mum went spare when she found out where we'd been seeing as i was about three.

I haven't a clue what my first game was although it was in the 60's and I was a youngster. My Aberdeen supporting family did take me to the 1967 cup final when the Lisbon Lions beat the sheepies 2-0 but I don't remember an awful lot about it, I was also at the 1966 Scotland-Brazil game where I am told I witnessed the great Pele grab Billy Bremner by the scruff of the neck, don't remeber that either. However I do remember a game against the Sheepies at Fir Park in the early 70's, League Cup I think when we drew 0-0 with them such an exciting game that I wanted to go back ;) Love the punishment, kinky that way :P

My first game was in 1953 I was 5yrs my dad lifted me over as he did every game. Not got a clue who we played but we had a good team when I Iwas a boy Ancell Babes. Don't think any kids payed then they used to wait at the turnstiles and asked to be lifted over they were the days.

Cant remind the exact date but i think it was around 1995/96.

We lost 3-1 at home to Rangers.

I think we scored at one point then laudrup scored instantly afterwards.

Aye I think that was new years eve. McGrillen scored then they scored from the kick off ;)

However I do remember a game against the Sheepies at Fir Park in the early 70's, League Cup I think when we drew 0-0 with them such an exciting game that I wanted to go back :lol: Love the punishment, kinky that way :lol:

Pretty sure that was my first match- watched it from the main stand with my Dad. Pretty dire stuff, even for a six year old.First away game was a 1-0 defeat at Bayview a couple of weeks later. Can't remember my first win.

Aged 18 months or so my Dad took me 'up by' for the first time. Can't remember it obviously and neither can he but that would be around the end of 1965, beginning of 66. Early memories include possibly that same drubbing from Rangers mentioned earlier, think Keith MacRae dived to save a shot, missed it but it hit the post and went in off the back of his heid. Quinton Young the scorer IIRC. Dixie Deans taking another long walk after a sending off, Joe Wark going in goals and keeping a clean sheet and celebrating an Arbroath goal by mistake cos I was playing wi' ma motors on the bench seats in the Main Stand and heard a roar so joined in thinking it was our goal. Sat and watched the game after a sharp rebuke from faither.

possibility of 2 .....cant remember which was first.

one was against Coventry (possibly pre season or Texaco cup)

and the other was against the mighty Ajax (which Motherwell won iirc)

both of thes games were mid-late 70's but my memory aint what it used to be, so mibbe one of the statto's could tell me the dates ?