Well V Jam Tarts Match Thread

Welldaft Mk1

good showing today. you wouldn't think the team who played the first half day were the same team as last week. we must have played more long balls in the first half than we've played for the last five games combined and we benefited from mixing it up. the back four were great today, hutchison and saunders have massive potential.

great goal from forbes but he's a frustrating player, he doesn't always shine in general play but he's always worth his place in the team cause he can win matches.

That sums it up for me. Yass could've and probably shouldve got tighter to Drive in the last 10 also. Thought all the subs did well when they came on also. Nice reception for Lasley.

Would like to see the penalty claim in the first half again. Thought the ref was poor. Really don't like that wee wanna-be-community polis gnome!

And rather pleasingly, can anyone remember seeing a worse Hearts team?

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gannon definitely got the tactics right today.

Just about but not quite. Overall a decent performance but again we showed a lack of cutting edge up front. Very few efforts on target.

Ref was appalling - why was John Sutton booked? Never seen so much jersey pulling (from the Jammy Tarts) in my life. 7 minutes added on!!!

Defence decent but we were a bombscare on the right, Killer especially. Saunders, Reynolds and Hutchison all shone.

At times though, in the second half there was too big a gap being left between the strikers/attacking midfielders and the defence and that allowed the Jambos to run at goal. What about the suicidal defending against 10 men? That was something else.

Still a good 3 points ansd we've played worse.

Very good performance today, and can only echo the compliments on here for Sutton and Jutkiewicz, for those who claim they can't play together then today proves otherwise. Worked very well together, and unlucky on occasion for there flick ons not to find there man. But, all round both were a handful and Sutton did indeed win absolutely everything ahead of Jonsson and Goncalves. Jutkiewicz very good with the ball at his feet and appears to be playing with a degree of confidence now.

Reynolds very good going forward, and solid at the back.

Fantastic to have Saunders and Hutch as a partnership, at the expense of Craigan. Totally at ease and had nothing to properly worry them, bar one hopeful punt up towards the Cooper in the first half, which both dealt effectively well. Another clean sheet.

Yassin seemed a tad more disciplined in his forward runs and dealt with Driver very well and kept him quiet.

Murphy also looked decent when coming on and relieved some pressure with a few useful dribbles.

Great result and a good performance all round, nobody really off-the-pace and all contributed very well.

But, my god Hearts are a poor, poor team. So, many mistakes, with absolutely no cutting edge whatsoever, and if Driver is sold/injured then they are totally screwed. Palazuelos/Black are far too defensive and create little. Nade/Witteveen couldn't score in a brothel. Obua was absolutely woeful. Just no urgency from them, and it should be their fans questioning the passion from their players. Perhaps due to the fact they are filled with so many foreigners. Seeing St Mirren last week, fairly confident to say they will finish above Hearts this season, judging on today's performance. At least St Mirren have a bit of creativity in Dorman/McGinn and at least have a goalscorer in Mehmet. Great to see the Jambo's struggle.

Some insights from andrew westons PressSport twitter....

On reflection,O'Brien did not feel it was a penalty in the first half when he went down.he's desperate to score having not done so this term

O'Brien:we bossed the game.had a gameplan & it clicked.draining to play 3 games in a week but happy to be back to winning ways.

Forbes was disappointed with his performance and felt flat in the changing room despite scoring a belter!perfectionist!that's 9 goals in 18.

Gannon said it was now straight back to the drawing board.he's excited about next week's derby clash already!

six shut outs now for Ruddy.he felt something before game.our goalkeepers have been worked hard in training all week.

Gannon:we took reigns off Coke and Forbes and they responded.still more to come from Coke.we've fast-tracked youngsters & they've responded.

Gannon:we changed our game plan.we've been caught up playing too much in wrong areas.2day we mixed it up well & got ball 2 attackers quicker

Gannon:all the players contributed significantly & Sutton led line well.our young defenders r great athletes,they were immense.

Thought we were more positive going forward today, got to say Sutton and the Juke played a lot better than i thought they would together, holding up play and getting others involved.

Must say i was a big supporter of Crags, but watchin today gotta say without Hammel as well we played really well across the back four.

As much as it pains me to say it, I think tomorrow could be a long afternoon :(

You were right there, seven minutes injury time :O

Lot of good performances today ( not by the referee though :P ) and other than a ten minute spell just after they went down to ten men, as comfortable a one nil as you will see.

I was a bit worried when Nade went off injured, I was scared they might send on a footballer to replace him :P

I love it when we beat the Jambos :D

It is disappointing right enough. It was probably a long time ago where we last failed to get a gate of 5000+ against the Jambos.

It is old ground though and no-one seems to know how to get resolve. The economy is in the doldrums and I am quite sure Hearts probably brought an extra 500 or so in years gone by.

It is just a shame when we are sitting 4th with one defeat and have not conceded against Hearts, Celtic, Rangers, DDee Utd and Aberdeen. Probably never happened before.

If we cannot increase the crowd with these results - god knows when we ever will and god knows what the crowd would be like if we were sitting bottom of the league.................

To be honest for me the main factor is the cost, as i said on a previous post about admission prices, i have a season ticket for the Cooper stand a family one 1 adult and 2 kids 320 pounds. My son is now 16 so classed as an adult, my daughter 14, for us to get into an away game like supporters coming to Fir Park would cost 55 quid, before travel food etc.

I know the clubs have overheads but the punters cannot afford to go to a lot of the games. What the answer is, i dont know.

A bit of a change in appraoch today as we played in a far more direct manner. It seemed to work well with both Sutton and Jutkiewicz involved in some reasonable stuff. Good to see Coke having a better game as his dip in form was becoming a worry. Hateley was his usual understated self but he's such an unassuming,effective player.

Reynolds,Saunders and Hutch were all excellent and helped restrict the Jambos to pretty much one shot-the effort late in the second half after a Driver pullback. I thought we were comfortable against the ten men and if anything looked the more dangerous. Not sure where the "nervous last ten minutes" chat is coming from. There was one stramash but apart from that Hearts looked to given up.

So, another win,a clean sheet to boot and a good all-round display. For me,only Yass and Forbes weren't quite at the races,and even then both would still receive pass marks.

Finally, it's always sweet to beat Hearts but how bad were they?

For me,only Yass and Forbes weren't quite at the races,and even then both would still receive pass marks.

Forbes had a quiet game but you've got to admit, if there was is one foot in the entire squad you would hope that a cross would land at, it's Ross Forbes' lefty.

Poor following from Hearts today... that brought the crowd down.

We have to stop with these stupid short goal kicks.

Gannon got it spot on today, had more of a cutting edge, thought we looked generally comfortable all game...could of took the cigars out the last ten minutes, didn't think Hearts had any threat. Its all good an well having a player like Driver whipping in balls, but when there's nobody of any use in the box its pointless. (and funny)

Forbes had a quiet game but you've got to admit, if there was is one foot in the entire squad you would hope that a cross would land at, it's Ross Forbes' lefty.

Great strike from a quality cross from Yass, thought we deserved the 3 points today from the tactics and teamwork from the boys today.