Gunnar Neilson

gav212

Maybe this guy....

Motherwell keen on Northern Ireland keeper

Dec 30 2008

MOTHERWELL boss Mark McGhee is tracking Northern Ireland international goalkeeper Alan Mannus as he faces up to the possibility of losing first choice Graeme Smith.

The 26-year-old shotstopper is available on a free transfer when his Linfield contract expires at the end of the season.

And Well skipper Stephen Craigan is believed to have tipped off the Fir Park coaching staff about his international team-mate.

Smith is yet to decide on his future beyond the summer and has only held informal talks over extending his stay at Fir Park.

Second-choice Gunnar Nielsen's loan spell from Blackburn is set to expire but the SPL club are unlikely to meet Linfield's demands for an immediate transfer.

However, Motherwell may face competition from several interested Coca-Cola Championship teams if they decide to open talks over a pre-contract agreement.

Maybe this guy....

Motherwell keen on Northern Ireland keeper

Dec 30 2008

MOTHERWELL boss Mark McGhee is tracking Northern Ireland international goalkeeper Alan Mannus as he faces up to the possibility of losing first choice Graeme Smith.

The 26-year-old shotstopper is available on a free transfer when his Linfield contract expires at the end of the season.

And Well skipper Stephen Craigan is believed to have tipped off the Fir Park coaching staff about his international team-mate.

Smith is yet to decide on his future beyond the summer and has only held informal talks over extending his stay at Fir Park.

Second-choice Gunnar Nielsen's loan spell from Blackburn is set to expire but the SPL club are unlikely to meet Linfield's demands for an immediate transfer.

However, Motherwell may face competition from several interested Coca-Cola Championship teams if they decide to open talks over a pre-contract agreement.

I have actually followed Linfield since I was a season ticket holder as a boy and always try and catch them when I am back visting family in Belfast. I was back for the boxing day derby and was impressed with Mannus. He saved a penalty and look to command the area pretty well. He is also one of the few playes in the league that have ever got a call up for the National team so he could be a decent shout...

Incidentely the match involved 3 goals, 4 yellow cards, a red card, 2 injuries, a saved penalty and a riot which stopped the game for 10 mins and called the riot police in... Fir Park will be so boring in comparison!

If that happens to be the case then we are screwed surely?

We simply can't compete ala Kennedy/Webster.

I have actually followed Linfield since I was a season ticket holder as a boy and always try and catch them when I am back visting family in Belfast. I was back for the boxing day derby and was impressed with Mannus. He saved a penalty and look to command the area pretty well. He is also one of the few playes in the league that have ever got a call up for the National team so he could be a decent shout...

Incidentely the match involved 3 goals, 4 yellow cards, a red card, 2 injuries, a saved penalty and a riot which stopped the game for 10 mins and called the riot police in... Fir Park will be so boring in comparison!

Aye am sure i saw him playing with them against Dinamo Zagreb earlier in the year and he made some shit hot saves i would assume he would maybe command a fee of around 100k though.