• Giles Coke
    • Lukas Jutkiewicz
    • Ross Forbes
    • Jim O'Brien
    • Chris Humphrey
    • Keith Lasley
    • Jamie Murphy
    • Null Vote

Saunders,Reynolds and Hutchinson were all fine but since Hearts posed so little threat I'll have me some Coke please. Still has the occasional moment when his casual approach infuriates but I thought he had an excellent game today.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We were excellent all over the park, but my vote went to big Giles who was everything you want in a midfielder yesterday.

However to me you could make an argument for everyone in the team apart from Ruddy (and that was just because Hearts were kept so quiet!).

That shows up in the voting. Every player with the exception of Ruddy in the starting 11

has votes showing what an all round team performance it was. We have to remember as well that Ruddy had a great save in the second half so just because he does not have a vote does not mean he had a bad game.

Saunder and Hutchinson played well yesterday and looked very comfortable but I think Hearts were so poor as an attacking force that, as good as Saunders and Hutchinson both played, you can't really say they were under vast amounts of pressure.

I think the MotM should have gone to a player that had to work a bit harder yesterday, either through endeavor or creativity.

A few cracking performances, most notably the two youngsters at the back. Saunders and Hutchison have signed long-term deals and that can only augur well for the future as it looks as if Reynolds is offski at Christmas and Craigan is well passed his best.

These two strolled the game, albeit against as bad a Hearts team that I can remember, but I reckon Hutch just took MOTM, as he put in a few timely tackles and stood upto the physical presence of that Cruiserweight they play up front.

Ruddy was hardly tested, but did well with what he had to do and his distribution was excellent. Thought Yass was great going forward, O'Brien had a good game also (how was that not a penalty?), as did Reynolds, Coke was OK, Hately keeps proving to be a great find, Forbes was off the pace and I worry that (goals apart) he doesnt have what it takes to cut the SPL as he seems a yard slow and lightweight. Our strikers are THE major worry though, just not enough goalscorers I never believed that either Sutton or the Duke were going to grab us a goal yesterday.

All-in-all, a good performance tempered by how poor Hertz are.

Reynolds gets my vote.

Arguably being played out of position, he did nothing wrong all match. I agree that the young centre halves had good games and Hertz were poor up front, however there were a couple of square passes across the 18 yard line towards the end that were bombscare material. Reynolds not part of that.

Like others, I think Duke's touch and fitness is getting better each game.

Coke played too many casual passes from 60 minutes on for my liking. His tackling is superb and he is the new Simo in this area. :lol:

Overall, glad of a clean sheet and the bounce back after Paisley. With Hamilton winning, Saturday should be an intereting encounter.

SD