Who Has Been A Motherwell Mascot ?

bigcol

Following on from the first game topic, who has been a mascot and who did you state as your favorite player ?

Mine was against celtic in Jan 1984 and my player was Andy Harrow. Cracking game that ended 2-2. The match programme stated my interests which included me being interested in the other mascot !

post-147-1257022106_thumb.jpg

My son was mascot on 28th November 1999 in front of the Sky Sports cameras.

Motherwell 3 Celtic 2

Had his picture taken with Shaun Teale and Alan Stubbs (Celtic captain)

I was mascot on 17th Sept 1977

Motherwell 5 Ayr Utd 0

Had my picture taken with Willie Watson who lived round the corner from me in Hamilton at the time.

I have been mascot twice both in 2003 both times against Hibs and i think we won both times but tbh i dont really know :blush:

I have looked back in the programme and i had my favourite player as alex burns in one of them :notworthy: who knows why i said that haha. In the other game i said it was faddy.

I have been mascot twice both in 2003 both times against Hibs and i think we won both times but tbh i dont really know :blush:

I have looked back in the programme and i had my favourite player as alex burns in one of them :notworthy: who knows why i said that haha. In the other game i said it was faddy.

i have just looked it up we won the 1st game 2-1 clarky and fagan with the goals and lost the 2nd game 1-0

Me!! Twice!!

Once on New Years Day v Hearts. Can't remember the seaon, but it was the one Hearts nearly (and should've!) won the league only to scuppered by Celtic on goal difference on the final day. We lost 3-1 and I had my photo taken with Ray Blair whom I don't think I had a clue who he was looking back. And I still don't!

Second time was against Hamilton Accies maybe in 1988 or '89. We won 3-0 and I had my photo taken with Stevie Kirk. I think Kirk and Andy Walker scored the goals.

I don't remember much about either experience to be honest.

Was about 1993 I think, against Dundee Utd. Chris McCart was injured so Davie Cooper was the captain. Which meant I didn't get to hit shots into big Seib - instead Cooper took me to one side to teach me wee tricks and flicks for a good five minutes. I remember thinking how surreal it was to see a Scottish football legend sitting in his Y-fronts in the dressing room!

We won the game 2-0, Kirk scoring both the goals. One in the first five minutes, and one in the last five minutes.

I could be wrong but I reckon four of the starting XI that day are no longer with us... :woop:

Never had the pleasure, unfortunately. But my wee boy was the mascot against Hivs 2 seasons ago, we 1-0 Clarkson scored in the 1st couple of mins if I remember right.

The thing I remember most is the wee man running away with the ball when the captains were tossing the coin for centre and Wan-eye Shiels chasing after him :lol: .

Was mascot on 14th February 1999 if I remember correctly. Stirling Albion at Home in the cup, Shaun Teale was Captain. Lee McCulloch and an Eddie Forrest oggie made it 2-0 to us, the most useful thing Forrest did in a 'Well top. Was wearing the away top as were the team, nutmegged Goram, to this day still convinced he never let it in!

Softie was manager of Stirling Albion, and had Buff, Eddie Forrest and Stevie Nicholas in his team!

96 - 97season v celtic infact t jamie dolan game!!

i lost a bet with my dad and had to name andy roddie as my fav player

infact if anyone has the programme for the game id love to buy it from you

I *might* have that programme. But I'll need to search. If I get the chance (and can find my masses of programmes I'll give you a shout.