Loanees

happyslappy

A number of our players such as duke etc are on loans. Who should stay? who should go? has anyone heard anything about extending the loan spells?

Duke needs games and he will defo get them here.

Yassin looks to be getting some sharpness back

Ruddy seem to recall we have an option to buy him. Looks to be a decent goalie. Is fraser better? how would seb fit in?

Coke I think has been great, but if he leaves we have some midfield cover. Jennings las etc.

A number of our players such as duke etc are on loans. Who should stay? who should go? has anyone heard anything about extending the loan spells?

Duke needs games and he will defo get them here.

Yassin looks to be getting some sharpness back

Ruddy seem to recall we have an option to buy him. Looks to be a decent goalie. Is fraser better? how would seb fit in?

Coke I think has been great, but if he leaves we have some midfield cover. Jennings las etc.

I'd keep them all. Ruddy's the darts and no, there's not a chance in hell that Fraser is better.

And why would Coke leave? He's not on loan.

I would try and get the Duke on another 6 month loan deal with maybe a future free like Ruddys.

I would defo try and get Ruddy on a six month loan deal aswell and has Ruddy just signed a new contract because on FM10 his contract is up in the summer of 2010.

Yassin has been a fairly good player and wouldn't mind keeping him until the end of the season aswell.

Ruddy is on 8k a week with Everton so I dont see him staying after this season is up although I'd love to be wrong as he is what we have been needing for years, hopefully Tim Gammon will already have his eyes on a long-term replacement.

Not been too impressed by the Duke and think there must be a more mobile option out there somewhere. Although he is more acceptable than Sutton (the most immobile player in the SPL) in my opinion.

Yassin is unbelievably frustrating, beats men with ease, gets in to great positions and then 9 times out of 10 delivers a hellish cross - but I'd love to keep him if only to see how the gaffer can improve the crossing because other than that he is a class act.

Would like to see Ruddy stay as he is a great keeper, and I think he has been quoted as saying he'd like to stay on.

I heard that John Ruddy once dipped the Pick n Mix in Woolies when he was 13.

I'm just not comfortable signing a player with this severely seedy reputation.

NO SECOND CHANCES THIS GUY IS A DIPPER OF PICK N MIXES

I think we have done really well with loan signings. There is a common conception loan players don't give there all for a club as they are not properly affiliated with it. I think Ruddy, Yassin and Lukas have all showed willing for the Well. They are certainly getting a regular game and some fine coaching.

Ruddy may have said he'd like to stay longer but like all three, money is a real problem. Someone here has quoted Ruddy being on £8k a week with Everton. This may be true or false. Nevertheless it is widely known there is a huge gulf between SPL and the English leagues. So all three might be enjoying their football up here just now, but unless they really fall in love with Lanarkshire culture and weather, they will only earn a small fraction of what they will in the Championship or League one down South.

Six months down the line, if we read Ruddy, Yassin or Lukas sign for Peterborough, MK Dons, Swindon, etc. it will be no disrespect to Motherwell or the SPL - simply the reality of football in Scotland these days.

The money's just not there anymore. Less than 5000 at the game on Saturday - and that's against Hearts too. ;)

I heard that John Ruddy once dipped the Pick n Mix in Woolies when he was 13.

I'm just not comfortable signing a player with this severely seedy reputation.

NO SECOND CHANCES THIS GUY IS A DIPPER OF PICK N MIXES

Bloody hell, beating up women who reject your sexual advances, head butting and punching opponents, theft and fraud, drunk unisured driving, criminal damage, receiving stolen goods, spitting in another womans face, chasing another couple down the street with a belt wrapped round your fist is one thing!

But stealing sweets out a pick n mix is just beyond the pale!

That's the issue right there. Fans don't want to pay for a poor product when they can stay at home and watch the EPL games with their feet up and a tin of beer.

And yet, most of the EPL games I've caught by chance recently (I'm not interested enough to make a special effort to watch them) have been pretty rubbish, and nothing near as good as the EPL hype would have you believe. Especially compared to the option of going along to watch a team you actually care about that's having one of its better spells in recent history.

If money's that tight, dump the Sky subscription (yes, I know the EPL's not on Sky, but they're still a bunch of tossers!) and go along to more games instead, folks, you know it makes sense :cheers:

I think we should be trying to keep a hold of all 3 loanees at least until the end of the season.

Ruddy's been superb and I would like to think we'd be able to put a bid in for a permanent move but as mentioned above, finances may put an end to that.

I've been impressed with Jutkiewicz lately and I think he's only just getting to proper fitness and form. If we could keep a hold of him for the rest of the season, I think he could be on a great run come february time.

Yassin's a funny one. He can seem so good at times and then severely lacking at others but he's definitely got ability and is in a position where we don't have much competition. Hopefully again, we can keep him for another 6 months as well.

All in all though, some excellent loan moves and if I had to choose one of the 3 for keepsies then it would be Ruddy, hands down (into the pick n mix, allegedly).

Bloody hell, beating up women who reject your sexual advances, head butting and punching opponents, theft and fraud, drunk unisured driving, criminal damage, receiving stolen goods, spitting in another womans face, chasing another couple down the street with a belt wrapped round your fist is one thing!

But stealing sweets out a pick n mix is just beyond the pale!

:lol:

I would love to keep all 3, we are steadily improving this season and would love to sign Ruddy, but he may catch the eye of bigger teams.

I pick and choose games to attend and next season i'll be a season ticket holder. (Finance)

The stands need filling get the kids going from an early age and hope to get a quarter of them at least as become regular attenders.