Goals You Celebrated The Most

likely_lad

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Suppose an "auldie" like me should differentiate between terrace and seat celebrations, given the obvious limitations all seated stadia place on fans celebrating goals.

Fatcalf and others will confirm that when the Shed was a terrace all goals were celebrated with exhuberance, particularly important ones .... against the Jambos, Beggars or Buns, when they had a sizeable support on the other side of the fence.

So long ago now I can't remember many particulars, although the 2-1 St Mirren cup tie in the mid 70's probably generated the most incredible scenes I've ever witnessed inside Fir Park. Seem to remember going nuts when Kirkie netted a late equaliser at the Tattie-Bowl. While Colin O'Neil's cup cracker against the Filtheez had us rolling down umpteen Mount Florida End steps before coming to our senses.

Watched a recording of the All or Nothing against Falkirk in a pub in Cyprus. When Dougie scored I sprinted the best part of 300 yards and dived into the Med in full Highland attire.

When it comes to seats ....... Dougie's winner at Ibrox in 93, and as Fatcalf says ... Mitch's equaliser against the Pars, and more recently Porter's equaliser against the Jambos in the Cup..... went so mental I thought I was going to explode :D

showing my age here.mclairs goal to beat the tic 2-1 82 season,farningham diving header to beat the h**s at greyskull 85 season,fitz goal at easter rd to beat jambos in semi and porter equaliser again at jambos :D

the quickest emptying of ibrox ever when farningham scored in 85

Mitchell Van Der Gaag's strike against Dunfermline- Strangely my favourite memory as a 'Well fan.

Fitzy at Easter Road.

Partridge at Hampden, thought there was a glimmer of hope.

Craigan's throw in.

Faddy's goals against Rangers in the semi and on boxing day, and his hattrick goal!

McDonald on Skippy Sunday.

Any goal against Hearts.

As above apart from the ones mentioned a few times it has to be Craigan's throwin that led to us reaching the top six again. Thought we had fucked up in that game but that was just magic.

Lappin against Celtic at Celtic Park - just for the fact we were down to ten men.

Fitzy v hearts at e.r.

Skippys 2nd on skippy sunday

Faddy v the h**s at hampden to make it 2 - 1 2003

Porter equaliser v hearts at tynecastle january 2008

Vaughan (i think it was him?) equaliser v dundee utd in relegation game 2003

Others might come to me later :unsure:

These plus Jim Hamiltons screamer.

My fave has to be when Dougie Arnott nutmegged Carl Muggleton the day that Fergus Mccann was introduced to celtic fans. 9mins into the game shut the bastards up.

Fitzy's v the jambos

Skippy v Celtic

Mio v Hibs

Softie v Dundee in SC

Faddy v Rangers at Hampden

the list cpuld go on. But the best celebration i think I have seen or been in wasnt actually a goal, Buzz penalty save last year in Nancy was something special, what an atmosphere.

Thought of another tonight and there wasn't too many there to see it!

Mickey Weir in the 2-0 win at Celtic (must've been about '97)...

1-0 up when, in the last minute, Owen Coyle ripped Alan Stubbs on the right flank, squared it to an un-marked Mickey who fell over the ball before bundling it home from about eight yards.

Parkhead emptied in minutes... <_< Remember the few 'Well fans at the game celebrating on the seats :lol:

Any last minute winner, e.g. Fitzy at Easter Road is a great time to be a 'Well fan. The best feeling though, although not a goal, was the full time whistle in 1991, the realisation that after 28 years as a 'Well fan, that we had actually won something, and that no matter what happened in the future, that I had witnessed a Motherwell captain lift a trophy above his head, will live with me forever.

What about a least celebrated goal thread? Me and my brother went to Smackhead for the first time (about 1978 ish) and ended up in the wrong end, Jim O'Rourke scored the only goal and we had to stand with our jacket sleeves stuffed into our mouths for 60 minutes while the best fans in the world (ha, ha, ha) got extremely pissed off at their incompetent strikers (ring any bells?) and then had to negotiate our way back to the train station with our scarves well and truly hidden from the smelly hoardes.

Agree with the old man above :lol: any last minute winners are superb. Fitzy against hearts was was amazing, wont forget that night.

Van der gaag against dunfermline was the first game i remember getting really excited about, the second goal on skippy sunday was great as well.

The only one I can think of, thet hassnt been mentioned yet, was in the semi-final against Celtic in 1985. We were top of the First division and would eventually win the league and get promoted but that day we were just supposed to make up the numbers, but we drew 1-1 and took them to s replay. It was that goal scored by, if memory serves, Paul Smith, that sent me reeling down the Hampden terracing.

What about a least celebrated goal thread? Me and my brother went to Smackhead for the first time (about 1978 ish) and ended up in the wrong end,

was at that, Jim O'Rourke scored up the other end, while around 100 of us went mad in the Rangers End :lol: nightmare going back to bus afterwards.

The only one I can think of, thet hassnt been mentioned yet, was in the semi-final against Celtic in 1985. We were top of the First division and would eventually win the league and get promoted but that day we were just supposed to make up the numbers, but we drew 1-1 and took them to s replay. It was that goal scored by, if memory serves, Paul Smith, that sent me reeling down the Hampden terracing.

Pretty sure Gary Mac set up Raymond Blair who scored. Then big Psycho Forbes almost won it right near the end. I can remember the first game and how big the steps were at Hampden compared to other terracing we'd been on that season. Did well in the replay and it took Shellic 72 minutes to break us down.