Goals You Celebrated The Most

likely_lad

A 1984 goal I think, Dougie Arnott 8 minute goal against Celtic at Parkhead, also a couple from Owen Coyle, sure it was against Dunfermline, maybe 1997, we hadn't won in a few games, all I can remember is when he did score, the entire stadium went mental.

Anyone else recall wee Fergus deciding for some reason to walk along the cinder track near the away end and receive no end of abuse from the healthy number of 'Well fans? :lol:

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great day, what I remember most about that day was Chris McCart being interviewed on the radio and the tone of the interview being that we were going to Parkhead and we wouldn't have a chance in hell. Having to hang on for 82 mins till that final whistle and at the end the entire Motherwell support going absolutely mental.

Thought of another tonight and there wasn't too many there to see it!

Mickey Weir in the 2-0 win at Celtic (must've been about '97)...

1-0 up when, in the last minute, Owen Coyle ripped Alan Stubbs on the right flank, squared it to an un-marked Mickey who fell over the ball before bundling it home from about eight yards.

Parkhead emptied in minutes... :D Remember the few 'Well fans at the game celebrating on the seats :lol:

Was sat with our ex-reserve keeper Gary Gow's brother who later became my boss for a time. Met him recently and he recalled that very day :lol: We hadn't won in about 6, usual lambs to the slaughter jibes all week. Claims he feared for his life when I introduced him to the rogue element... on the account him and his mate were shettlestons! Brand new heavy knit jumper, highly desirable at the time and not by schemies as it can be now, returned as a manufacturing fault - the sleeve had misplaced stiches along the shoulder... on the account of the local dibble :lol:

There's been many, one particularly sweet one was an early nineties relegation battle with Falkirk at home, Mio at Easter Road, the equaliser the night Dougie notched a double at Ibrox, though, the volume of celebration at Easter Road when Fitzy scored the winner...

Van der gaag freekick to avoid relegation.

winner in the dolan goalie celtic game.

Both goals against aberdeen to secure europe.

how about Ross forbes against stauea? After the way we had been playing that goal instilled real belief that we were gonna beat them.

Pat Nevin's stoppage time winner against Hearts at Fir Park in November 1999 in the re-arranged game after the first match had been abandoned. Gilles Rousset was sent off for them and it looked as though we'd failed to take advantage of it until our Chief Exec curled in that beauty to make it 2-1. We wore that black change kit that night aswell.

I mind another one against Hearts where I think it was Derek Townsley flattened Pressley with a shoulder challenge before charging into the box to score. Hilarious watching Pressley's reaction to it.

Hmmm ... off the top of my head:

The goal by Fitzpatrick to make it 3-2 in extra time at Easter Road v Hearts in the semi of the league cup a few years back after we nearly threw it all away.

No 1 and 2 by McDonald on that day in May 2005.

No 3 or 4 (I think) against Flamurtari.

Van der Gaag v dumfermline to avoid play offs I think (free kick - peach!)

There are so many others too!

Pretty sure Gary Mac set up Raymond Blair who scored. Then big Psycho Forbes almost won it right near the end. I can remember the first game and how big the steps were at Hampden compared to other terracing we'd been on that season. Did well in the replay and it took Shellic 72 minutes to break us down.

Ricky - Gary Mac actually scored couldn't tell who set him up, but remember vividly celebrating the Forbes header, for what seemed ages until I realised that he'd missed, the dangers of Buckfast and 'Old English' Cider amply demonstrated.

Van der gaag freekick to avoid relegation.

Van der Gaag didn't take the free kick, it was rolled to him. Some strike right enough, and Gerry 'The mutant' Britton giving the East stand the 'you're going down' gestures when Dunfermline were 2-1 up.

Iain Ross versus Celtic when Dolan went in goals.

Rob McKinnon versus Hearts we hadn't won at Tynie for something like 22 games and we went up one pissing Wednesday night, Mo Johnstone missed a penalty that night too, but McKinnon's shot was like a thunderbolt and we were directly behind it and everyone started to move out the way like it was going to burst the net.

There's been many, one particularly sweet one was an early nineties relegation battle with Falkirk at home

There's a blast from the past...i had completely forgotten that game.

Remember going nuts against Falkirk in SC on the night the lights failed but fuelled with ID(Ice Dragon Cider) in the auld Brockville Shed - good job we won the replayed match

Any meaningful goal against the Old Firm. Particularly Ian Ross's last minute winner, 2 Skippy Sunday ones, Faddys in the semi final and Shaun Fagans.

Any last minute winner. Really enjoyed Clarkys two seasons ago v Killie.

The goals v Aberdeen that clinched Europe.

I mind going most mental at goals against Airdrie back in the early 90's when we travelled over to broomfield, not least the game where it was last game of season and our win over Falkirk the previous week had relegated them. Think I had wire mesh imprints from being squashed up against the fence.

The 2-1 win at Ibrox when Dougie Arnott scored twice in last 15 minutes or so after the h**s had went 1-0 up undeservedly had whole away support going completely mental!

Also the first time I ever saw us beat an Old Firm team when Bobby Russell scored the winner at Parkhead, was even better than the day Arnott spoiled the party when wee fergus took over. That was pretty good as well mind.

More recently Fitzpatricks league cup semi final winner was utterly joyous!

Ricky - Gary Mac actually scored couldn't tell who set him up, but remember vividly celebrating the Forbes header, for what seemed ages until I realised that he'd missed, the dangers of Buckfast and 'Old English' Cider amply demonstrated.

Yer right, I've got it the wrong way round (it was 25 years ago you know......). Blair set him up!

I mind going most mental at goals against Airdrie back in the early 90's when we travelled over to broomfield, not least the game where it was last game of season and our win over Falkirk the previous week had relegated them. Think I had wire mesh imprints from being squashed up against the fence.

Did Ally Graham hit the bar from about 30 yards that day?

clarky's late winner against killie is the best for me. it was the first game back at fir park after phil died and he popped up with a last minute winner. the full team came over to the corner of the east and it was bedlam with people sprinting down the stairs.

i remember ending up about 25 seats away from where i started when brannan scored his screamer against hearts in the scottish cup.

don goodman's late winner at tannadice when we were making a late surge for europe about ten years ago. i got covered in twaddle's sweat which was a bit disgusting.

i got cracked off a polis for going through the gate at the very end of the east stand to celebrate with tommy coyne after he crossed the ball over to falconer to score a diving header against the h**s.

big boab's freekick up at ict, sent every body mental as well.

faddy's semi final goal against the h**s was another favourite.

The goal by Fizzie against the Gorgie Scum at Easter Road (What a F~@£ing long walk from the Leith Links to the ground. Didn't seem to mind it on the walk back though lol)

or Paul Smith against the same mob at fir park when he shot from right on the bye line and the ball squiremd under big Henry Smiths Body