Inverurie Game

Gaag

Our covers only cover about half the ground, but Aberdeen have given us theirs for the week which cover the full pitch. That, plus a forecast thawing during the week from the current -5 degs will hopefully ensure game on.

never mind that... any chance of a spare ticket?!? :(

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Our covers only cover about half the ground, but Aberdeen have given us theirs for the week which cover the full pitch. That, plus a forecast thawing during the week from the current -5 degs will hopefully ensure game on.

Hope you're right mate, daily updates would be good if you're up for it!

on the wishaw supporters bus to love street on saturday they had a spare ticket

btw @Yir Elder

i'm the guy that was sitting directly in front of you on teh bus on teh way home pmsl at yer patter about the guy takein his lassie tae see accies!!

:lol:

Spent £60 on transport so would be gutted if it is off!

£60? I'd expect to be chauffeur driven up there for that.

Word of warning, If you or anybody are planning on the train taking the strain, think again. Engineering Works are being undertaken in the latest of what is known as disruptive possessions. Chuff Chuff and bus hopping the order of the day and for many who travelled to Inverness last year will agree - not a pleasant experience. Buses north of Dundee this past week.

Inverurie Loco's game at home to Nairn County was called off today, once again a frozen pitch the cause. Forecast looks like it won't be as cold so if they get the pitch covered at night and allow it to be exposed during the day, it could well slowly thaw out and be okay by next Saturday.

Weather forecast looks like getting better so should go ahead (http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/5day.shtml)

also from thier website 04/01/2009 - Locos to cover the entire surface in attempt to be Well sure of a gameInverurie Locos, like all other Highland League clubs, were forced into cold storage yesterday, frozen pitches the order of the day, and their game against Nairn County, scheduled for Harlaw Park, being postponed, leaves Dave Cormie's team well behind their rivals in number of games played and sadly lacking in match practice As well as the four times postponed tie with Vale of Leithen, eventually played mid December, their only League game played in five weeks was a home defeat by Keith.

However hopes are high Saturday's game will go ahead. A goodwill gesture from Aberdeen FC will see Paul Fiske and his AFC ground staff come to Harlaw Park early in the week to lay down the Pittodrie covers which will enclose the whole pitch

£60? I'd expect to be chauffeur driven up there for that.

Word of warning, If you or anybody are planning on the train taking the strain, think again. Engineering Works are being undertaken in the latest of what is known as disruptive possessions. Chuff Chuff and bus hopping the order of the day and for many who travelled to Inverness last year will agree - not a pleasant experience. Buses north of Dundee this past week.

If anyone had a pair of tickets for sale at face value I'd happily give someone a lift , chance would be a fine thing right enough . Gaag has first dibs on spare briefs by the looks of it

No chance this game will go ahead if thats the 5 day forecast. Thats not warm enough to thaw out a pitch that has been totally frozen.

Move it to Fir Park.

EDIT - It was the london forecast I was looking at not Inverurie....actually looks like it will be fine!

Move it to Fir Park.

why should they? our pitch is no better. And they have home advantage, if they want to move the tie, then it's up to them where they want to move it to.

P.S the BBC is reporting between 8 and 9c on Saturday with sunny spells, should be fine.

why should they? our pitch is no better. And they have home advantage, if they want to move the tie, then it's up to them where they want to move it to.

P.S the BBC is reporting between 8 and 9c on Saturday with sunny spells, should be fine.

Cool yer boots mate I was being sarcastic.

Also read above.

Hope you're right mate, daily updates would be good if you're up for it!

What the f***s going on with this weather? It was -6 yesterday evening when I got home at 6pm. This morning it was +2 degs and increasing. Good thawing weather I'd have said.

Prediction : game on.

Its a bit weird down here too mate, not too bad during the best part of the day but starts to freeze overnight, and is duly baltic of a morning!

Looking at all the forecasts, if the actual weather turns out that way, this game will be on I reckon. 6/7 degrees celsius over Thursday/Friday/Friday night followed by 9 Degrees on Sat itself is enough.

If it goes that way that is...

Otherwise will just have to spend all day in Aberdeen (Hey where's the Scooping Smiley gone?)

:lol: