SPL begin frozen pitches inquiry

Gaag

From BBC website

"such systems shall be fully utilised by the home club before any league match where there is a reasonable possibility of its pitch otherwise being frozen or covered in snow or ice".

i don't think there was a ice warning on friday night!

the weathers always bloody wrong anyway !

Who wants to put bets on how long it takes for our board to reply to there letter :rolleyes:

Probably as long as it's taken to draught a promised letter to all season ticket holders with their promised incentives?

The admin side of our club has always left a lot to be desired. Though in this day and age you would expect a premier league club to be a lot more proffessional in everything that they do. Motherwell FC seem to stumble blindly from one crisis to the next, making it up as they go along.

But hey, if you're going to be a fan then get used to it! :huh:

Up the 'Well! B)

Guest JohnnyDefault

I honestly don't know where this'll end up. Supporters of all the other clubs are taking the moral high ground on this, however I feel that frozen piches will occur more than just the once this season and I'm sure there (and also now hope) will be egg on faces elsewhere as well.

Taking things at face value from our managers comments - after identifying that the baked clay layer was giving us the drainage problems and puncturing that layer all over the park we ripped up the park during the summer - replaced the USH and put a new pich down. In the days and hours running up to the match the system was on and functioning OK. We had a 100% playable surface on the Friday.

If we go back to further to what we all discussed during the close season. We know that the baked clay sub layer had been sorted and we expected (since it was annnounced by our chairman) that the whole thing would be ripped up and we would have one of the best playing surfaces in the SPL for this season.

What was rumoured to have happened is that the replacement of the pitch was the only work that was carried out. In fact many supporters have heard the rumours that the pircing of the USH system would be too costly to repair. We lose fixtures due to surface water, not frost so we'll take our chances by avoiding that cost & only re-lay the pitch and take any SPL fines on the chin if we have to cancel due to frost (how unlikely eh?) - bearing in mind a move to a new stadium is on the horizon - again 'allegedly'

I suppose what we're waiting for now is - what really happened. if the manager is to believed - everything is working OK and we can't explain the isolated frozen patches that ocurred after putting covers down on a perfectlay playable pitch.

Or have we been 'outed' at the very first sign of frost for taking a huge huge financial gamble.

I sincerely hope we get off with a warning - but we've been sailing too close to the wind for too long - and i think our charmed life is about to come to an end.

I don't think we will be fined - (although dont I think we have any argument with that if it happens). I think the SPL will avoid putting an undue financial burden on one of its clubs in the current climate

I don't think we'll surrender the points to He***s or move the game to Ty**cas*le - as that would disadvantage other teams chasing for 3rd like The Arabs and The Sheep.

Given the two points above I think the SPL will look to docking a couple of points from us.

A long post for the first one on the new sit - However - what do the rest of you think?

Guest JohnnyDefault
Probably as long as it's taken to draught a promised letter to all season ticket holders with their promised incentives?

The admin side of our club has always left a lot to be desired. Though in this day and age you would expect a premier league club to be a lot more proffessional in everything that they do. Motherwell FC seem to stumble blindly from one crisis to the next, making it up as they go along.

But hey, if you're going to be a fan then get used to it! :rolleyes:

Up the 'Well! B)

I got the 'Dear Supporter' Letter at the weekend - I'll start a new thread if there aint one already.