Do You Remember

The_Pup

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So many to speak off...however standing at Swinecaste in 1982 watching the 'Well pump Hearts 1-0 ....and as a consequence denying them promotion to the Premier League !!! Fantastic. Oh how we laughed. :D:D;)

Remember that day well - the Jambos had turned out in force, making it all the sweeter :D

Cup Final was special, as was the semi-final win v Smellic

Texaco Cup days v Hearts, Tottenham, Stoke

And way too many others to start listing them all

MON RA DOSSERS

So many to speak off...however standing at Swinecaste in 1982 watching the 'Well pump Hearts 1-0 ....and as a consequence denying them promotion to the Premier League !!! Fantastic. Oh how we laughed. :mellow::P:P
I was at that game too. Didn't Killie have to win by something like 5 goals as well to make sure a draw wasn't good enough for the Jambos to go up; and Killie were winning 5 - 0 at half time.

Also, Willie Irvine's goal made him top scorer for the season, and took him to 30 goals.

It's been a while, so none of these 'facts' might be true :P

Grand day out.

Tynecastle - When Stevie Kirk went in goals (anyone remember the date)

It was mid-October 1988, I was there too, some day! Only our fourth point of that season and we came back from 2-0 down!

Kirkie's 'nalty save was fantastic, even more so cos it was Wayne Fucking Foster, to give him his full name!!

Staying up on the last day of the season is always nice...

2-1 win over Falkirk in the early 1990's and a 2-2 draw with Dunfermline thanks to Big Mitch in the mid 1990's were two recent quality memories....

'Flow

18th May 1991, no question. At the age of 28 and after 23 years of glorious failure, not so glorious failure and on more than one occasion being cheated by the officials out of at least getting to a final (thank you messers Kyle and Thompson in particular) I had finally witnessed my dream.

I remember my wife saying before the game she would cry if we lost, my reply was "I won't, but I will if we win" That day will live with me forever.

So many to speak off...however standing at Swinecaste in 1982 watching the 'Well pump Hearts 1-0 ....and as a consequence denying them promotion to the Premier League !!! Fantastic. Oh how we laughed. :P:P:lol:

Putting the obvious aside, ('91 Cup Final, '91 semi-final, getting last 10 mins in Katowice), I would place this as my "alternative" best day out as 'Well fan ..... even though it was sticky trouser time outside, (apologies to the Gorgie Road Butcher who's shop I ran into, and who's cleaver I lifted to fend off several blood hungry Jambo skinheads :D ).

Beating Hertz 4-2 after being 2-0 down early 70s Texaco Cup - remember it was more than a bit wild that night as well.

Beating St Mirren 2-1 in front of 26 thousand plus at Fir Park - Feb 1977. That day will always stick with me, credit to the Buds who brought a phenomenial support through with them.

Westfalenstadion Stadium - awesome, have to be say i enjoyed that more than Nancy.

One of my favourites has to be 1976 cup game against Celtic.

2-0 down at half time going on 4 or 5.

3-2 win with WP scoring the winner.

Main stand full of Well fans goin mental.

25,000 at FP, pitch invasion at end.

Was 9 at the time and will never forget that day :D

One of my favourites has to be 1976 cup game against Celtic.

2-0 down at half time going on 4 or 5.

3-2 win with WP scoring the winner.

Main stand full of Well fans goin mental.

25,000 at FP, pitch invasion at end.

Was 9 at the time and will never forget that day :D

You mean this ........... Click Here

That Cup-tie will live long in my memory also, I had to take my 13 year old cousin, a Celtic fan, to that match. The wee sod was so confident of a victory and kept niggling me all through the game but we were in the Celtic end so I couldn't say or do a hell of a lot. He was supremely cocky when Celtic were 2-0 up and I kept thinking when I get him back home I'm going to boot his arse. Then Motherwell started to play and he was getting more and more anxious at 2-1 he was screaming at his team, along with everyone around me, at 2-2 he was almost apoplectic with rage, when Pettigrew sealed the win his voice actually broke.

He manages to gloss over the match by just referring to it as the day his voice broke. I never did boot his arse, there was no need. Standing in amongst the Celtic fans that day with a look of indfference on my face while my inner self was jumping for joy was revenge enough. Their tears and tantrums as they trudged from Fir Park kept my cockles warmed for months.

I remember a mates Dad telling me how he saw Motherwell put 5 past Rangers in the 50's or 60's and how on the walk back home his feet never touched the ground, that was the day when I really knew exactly what he meant.