Do You Remember

The_Pup

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest JohnnyDefault

Big Cusack's first game up at Tannadice 89/90 - when you began to believe that Mclean could achieve something.

Probably the same season - 5-0 at East End Park - Johnny Gahagan scoring an absolute screamer just as he was about to be subbed - the goal celebration and him leaving the park were one and the same movement. The Motherwell support went absolutely mental

Standing on the terracing at hampden with a bunch of us at the Celtic Semi Cup replay - shouting at Colin O'Neill "FFS Don't Hit it From There" :( seriously - I did!

1-0 vs Celtic - The Cobra Strikes!

I also remember the 5-4 Killie game - pettigrew and graham were absolutely on fire - i remember The Grew playing part of that game on the right wing - the pace of that guy was unbelievable!

You actually forget how good it was to go to football when it was affordable and stand in a big crowd on the terracing and go mental.

Skippy day in the left hand side of The Cooper - even though I was threatened with a doing and had dick'eads louping over seats to get to me - i was bouncing up and down on my own - shouting "Get if Up Yeez! / Ya Beauty etc etc"

The game at Tynecastle was so good for so many reasons. The emotion at the start, the unfurling of the banner, the cold, the huddle, the dreadful performance for an hour, the team suddenly realising: 'these boys are pish, we can beat them', then doing it, the total relief of the second.

Great stuff.

5-0 at East End Park - Johnny Gahagan scoring an absolute screamer just as he was about to be subbed - the goal celebration and him leaving the park were one and the same movement. The Motherwell support went absolutely mental

I was at that game too, a superb performance all round with a few great goals, but the 5th from Johnny G was fantastic. I think Doug Rougvie is still trying to untangle himself even now!!

Scottish Cup semi against Celtic 4-2 awsome

The final was magical but the semi was a wee bit sweeter.

3-2 versus Hearts at Easter Road CIS semi.

5-4 versus Kilmarnock many years ago probably mid to late 70s cause Pettigrew and Graham were still here and we were 2-0 down and then 4-3 down I think. Ah memories. So many to mention them all.

"Standing on the terracing at hampden with a bunch of us at the Celtic Semi Cup replay - shouting at Colin O'Neill "FFS Don't Hit it From There" :( seriously - I did!"

I think I was standing behind you except it was "FFS Don't Hit it From Theeeeerrrrrrrreeeee"

We embraced but you never wrote or phoned. I was gutted :whistling: .

Funniest was helicopter day. I could not stop laughing - even when a guy drove his car at me just coz I sniggered at his champers drinking passenger.

This is as bad as the favourite player question :P

76 Cup against Celtic Pettigrews goal will forever be emblasoned in my mind, what speed, what skill, what a haircut???

McLair's hat-trick against the sons of William January 84 when we trashed them

McLairs double agaianst Smellic a couple of days later when we beat them 2-1

7-0 away to Clydebank in 81, imagine the Well winning 7-0 away

Winning promotion at Falkirk in 1982 can't remember the score but promotion was celebrated on the bus trip back to Lanark with the celebration cabbage and cream cake. It was just after the drink ban came in and the old bill were confiscating any drink so one of the guys bought the only things left in the shop. If you didn't eat the cabbage you got the cake in the puss. :P Well it was funny at the time but not for poor Jaffa who got the cake.

The same season beating the Jambos on the last day of the season and the brown trouser race after the bus along Gorgie Road and being pulled in through the emergency exit. ;) Happy Days

Obviously the final in 91 but also getting back to hampden in 2005

but I suppose as someone who saw far too many semi defeats through the 70's and 80's eventually winning a semi and beating the tattie munchers in a replay a pretty unique feat at the time has to be the best of them all, driving back to Stirling behind a bus full of them was classic ;)

Man so many to pick from. Just some and in no particular order.

1970 - Beating Spurs 5-4 on aggregate in Texaco Cup after being 2-4 down at one point. Spurs full of internationlists. Pure magic.

1971 - Beating Hearts 4-2 in Texaco Cup after being 0-2 down at halftime. Pure pleasure!

1976 - Beating Celtic 3-2 in Scottish Cup after being 0-2 down at halftime. Unbelieveable!

1991 - Winning the Cup beating Dundee Utd 4-3 . Cried my eyes out.

2005 - Beating Hearts 3-2 in League Cup Semi-Final. Unforgettable.

1970s - Beating Celtic 3-2 at Parkhead in the League. 'Grew double. Superb.

1991 - Beating Rangers 3-0 before Cup Final. Oh how sweet.

1969 - Div 1 Beating Kilmarnock 1-0. First game of the season after promotion. Invaded the pitch at the finish. Fantastic. Got my ear clipped by my dad as somebody cliped on me.

1969 - Beating Morton 1-0 at Ibrox after 3rd game to reach Semi-Final of League Cup to meet St. Johnstone. Thought we were nailed on for the final as we'd gubbed them 4-1 at FP only weeks previously. Cried my eyes out - again.

There are others to numerous to mention but these for obvious reasons stand out.

Not as old as some in here (no offence to anyone :lol:). Some of the top of my heid.

1991 - Scottish Cup Final

2005 - League Cup Semi Final against Hearts. I was in the top tier and nearly fell over the side in celebration.

2005 - Motherwell 2-1 Celtic. It was my 21st Birthday that day, and the peeps I sat next to in East Stand got my name on the board etc to celebrate. Even got me a card et al. The result just made it all the more sweeter

2008 - Motherwell 2-1 Aberdeen - What an atmosphere, even from the Main Stand.