Gannon And The Press

steelboy

thats maybe a mute point

Jim thinks the media were first to draw blood, but if I'm right many on here had voiced the same reaction to his words and even so why cut them all off including the official club communication.

Fair play on calling the shots to the sensationalistic gutter hacks, but speak to the others including the official site, and make the others work to get back in

• Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I;ve got to be honest, I've applauded Gannon in his decisions so far, but today he really had to speak to the media, it was his changes at HT that lost our shape, he has a duty to explain his decisions in public.

Neil, you have spoken some startling sense on this forum of late, with this the latest example. Do keep up the good work. :P

Yes, he should choose to speak to whoever he wants to. however, he is the manager of Motherwell F.C. and we would like to know his thoughts after a match, for instance, an explanation for some of his strange substitutions.

The last 3 drawn games, (which could have / should have been wins), why did he make changes which were negative,(in my opinion). eg. Murphy coming off v Dundee Utd.

What was the reasoning behind that decision?

Also, there can be no possible benefit in starting a fight with the referees.

We don't get many bookings and will only have referees err on the side of the opposition if they know our manager is going to slate them anyway.

I know refs make some strange decisions, but then, so does our manager.

Yes, he should choose to speak to whoever he wants to. however, he is the manager of Motherwell F.C. and we would like to know his thoughts after a match, for instance, an explanation for some of his strange substitutions.

The last 3 drawn games, (which could have / should have been wins), why did he make changes which were negative,(in my opinion). eg. Murphy coming off v Dundee Utd.

What was the reasoning behind that decision? .

Fair questions - and good luck in getting a freeloader to ask questions like that. They simply aren't interested. Too many of them want to BE the story rather than report the story. I think that is partly the point Gannon is making - they'd rather deal in gossip or in twisting things around than deal in facts.

Personally, I think Gannon's attitude to the press is pathetic. I wanted to hear his reaction to today's game and his petty mindedness is impacting on the fans who want to hear his side of today's events.

I think he should grow up and start talking to the media, his ignorance is childish at best.

No-one is asking him to chum up to these tossers, however taking you toys away is very very poor.

Gannon needs to focus on Motherwell FC and getting results, not complaining about the media and referees.

bollox

do you honestly think that the bbc reporter was going to ask about our team when the ref and linesman were so fecking awful today?

some are even suggesting that its cos of Jim havin a go at them that we suddenly have got so many yellows.

So as far as I'm concerned i can wait to here from our official site and the media can go take a flying feck to themselves

if you want to here our gaffers thoughts on this game or any other topic then get your butt along to the trust Q+A night and ask him yourself. Then you will get to hear what he says rather than a nomark "journalist's interpretation of what he might have meant when he said something

Wouldn't have mattered a jot what JG said to the Meejia today. They'd have twisted every single bit of it. And unless it was live, that'd have been twisted too. It's an old saying, but good news never made the front page.

Fair questions - and good luck in getting a freeloader to ask questions like that. They simply aren't interested. Too many of them want to BE the story rather than report the story. I think that is partly the point Gannon is making - they'd rather deal in gossip or in twisting things around than deal in facts.

Rubbish. Gannon has had the opportunity to give live radio interviews and has turned them down. How can that be twisted?

Apparently he's contractually obliged to talk to Radio Scotland as part of broadcast deal, as are all SPL managers, if he continues to boycott the media, the media might start asking for their money back.

Apparently he's contractually obliged to talk to Radio Scotland as part of broadcast deal, as are all SPL managers, if he continues to boycott the media, the media might start asking for their money back.

that's the main point. i've often thought it would be lot better if the scottish fitba press were cut out communication with the fans but today the bbc weren't freeloaders. they give us a certain amount of money each year to cover our games and we contractually have to provide people to be interviewed.

I'm sure Gannon had his reasons for not speaking yesterday. I imagine he'd have been inundaed with questions about the ref and linesman rather than the game. Let's wait for word on the official site.

My only problem with his stance is the press will now side with the refs and give us only negative coverage. Mind you, nothing new there!

I'm sure Gannon had his reasons for not speaking yesterday. I imagine he'd have been inundaed with questions about the ref and linesman rather than the game. Let's wait for word on the official site.

He can easily say he doesn't want to talk about the referee like most managers do but he can less easily say he doesn't want to talk about his continually baffling tactical decisions.

Instead he'll put out a statement where he decides what he answers and what he doesn't answer and put it out on the Pravda website. Most fans seem to support him at the moment, but just wait until we suffer a dip, or we go through a bad month or 6 weeks of results with back to back defeats and the man in the ivory tower still isn't talking. Things will change believe me.

Gannon is only damaging himself right now.

I don't think Gannon has done anything wrong to be honest. If he doesn't want to talk to the media, then good on him for sticking to his morales and not doing so. I'm sure his thoughts and comments on the game will be up on the official site at some point.

Good on you Jim! :whistling:

Rubbish. Gannon has had the opportunity to give live radio interviews and has turned them down. How can that be twisted?

I was talking more about guys from the 'news'papers - mind you, the whole thing was started by the BBX when they stated that raigan anad Lasley were no longer in his plans and would be moved on in January. That's maybe why they are getting short shrift from him.

the whole thing was started by the BBX when they stated that raigan anad Lasley were no longer in his plans and would be moved on in January. That's maybe why they are getting short shrift from him.

He's already giving interviews to the BBC since then. So it must be something more recent.

This fighting with the media and refs is a deflection tactic used consistently by Alex Ferguson when his team are poor. Gannon knows exactly what he's doing.

Naw it's no. He disnae have a clue what he is doing!

I really hope Gannon comes out and speaks to the official site at least.

It was a terrible performance yesterday and it was pretty evident that Gannon's changes at half time was a big part of that.

It is part of his job to speak to the media, as much as we cant complain too much cause we are still doing well and in the top 6, we have been drawing far too many games and the fans have the right to know what is going on!

Naw it's no. He disnae have a clue what he is doing!

I really hope Gannon comes out and speaks to the official site at least.

It was a terrible performance yesterday and it was pretty evident that Gannon's changes at half time was a big part of that.

It is part of his job to speak to the media, as much as we cant complain too much cause we are still doing well and in the top 6, we have been drawing far too many games and the fans have the right to know what is going on!

What I mean is he know's what he is doing by taking the attention off his own mistakes by highlighting others. I agree with you in that some of his tactics and decisons have cost us, but we can't say that now can we. Hopefully he will learn though. The next few games will be interesting.

I am more than happy for jim and the players to boycott the rags and the radio. MFC have their own platform for providing info at www.motherwellfc.co.uk. Feck the papers and feck the radio.

Slightly selfish opinion imho, I'd guess we have many fans/supporters that do not use the internet for Motherwell news.

and again the bigger picture Football needs publicity

I'll have a sit down chat with Jim tomorrow and I'll do my best to ask him all the questions 'Well fans will want to hear (Pravda eh? :whistling: )...

So hopefully you'll have something in-depth with no spin either way tomorrow at some point!

Apoligies for anyone checking the site over yesterday and today looking for some chat...

'Flow

Slightly selfish opinion imho, I'd guess we have many fans/supporters that do not use the internet for Motherwell news.

and again the bigger picture Football needs publicity

Well, Hell slap it into them for paying money to the rags -anyway, they should join the 21st century and either buy a pc or visit the library and use one. And if folk don't know about football, then they have been living in a cave.

Just heard the Accies and Hearts managers on sky sports news, in a game where 5 players were sent off they say nothing about the Ref ,the players sent of or the incidents that led to the sending off's. No they were only concerned with the football didn't see the bust up in the tunnel bla bla bla. Mabey Jim Gannon would rather he and the players say nothing rather than spout a load of shit like Billy and Shava .[or whatever hes called ]