Gannon And The Press

steelboy

Now that you've sided with Gannon you cant even pose like Kate Winslet in your own home anymore without some media hack snapping ya!! :lol:

I imagine the 'clearly embarrassed' ..'mutter' statements are usual media exaggeration, and you confidently told the vermin that if they want to hear what Gannon has to say they can read the Official website....Dicks!

• Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One of the papers, the sun i think, said Gannon refused to shake hands with John Hughes after the game. Anyone know if this is true because Gannon always shakes hands with the other manager and their players after the game.

I doubt this very much cause i saw Gannon shaking the hand of every hibs player who was walking towards the tunnell,

One of the papers, the sun i think, said Gannon refused to shake hands with John Hughes after the game.

I doubt this very much cause i saw Gannon shaking the hand of every hibs player who was walking towards the tunnell,

And you wonder why he doesn't speak to the media????

I personally think it's bad PR not speaking to the media. He should've gave an interview even if it was to tell them how he's been missquoted by certain sections. Silence doesn't do him the club or us the fans especially those who went to Edinburgh any good. We were well gubbed on saturday and surely a wee explanation isn't asking too much. :P .

I personally think it's bad PR not speaking to the media. He should've gave an interview even if it was to tell them how he's been missquoted by certain sections. Silence doesn't do him the club or us the fans especially those who went to Edinburgh any good. We were well gubbed on saturday and surely a wee explanation isn't asking too much. :mad:

:P Eh? Well, I was in Edinburgh and I'd wager plenty others who were there are concerned also, how does sending media hacks into a self importance tizzy not do us good? All good things come to those who wait... Official website not enough? Power to Gannon I say. Well, until he falls out with our man Burrows :mad:

Apparently he's contractually obliged to talk to Radio Scotland as part of broadcast deal, as are all SPL managers, if he continues to boycott the media, the media might start asking for their money back.

Apparently not. So why the fuss? This evenings news had the SPL pushing a motion that it may become a requirement to offer themselves for post match media purposes. Now will those who made this claim in print on Sunday and Monday mornings retract? Silence is Golden right enough!

Until this storm all kicked off the media wouldn't give Gannon or Motherwell the time of day, so i'm not really bothered about him not giving them the time of day.

The media are most concerned with the goings-on at Celtic and Rangers, not Motherwell, so i'm happy to continue getting my info direct from the official site.

It will be tomorrow before we hear from the manager on the official site if anyone was waiting on it....

Oh, and Thursday will be a good one to get along too as well!

'Flow

P.S Where did you get that picture of me jk? :lol:

Still waiting with baited breath, I think JG is just tryng to ensure a good turn out on thursday !

Yeah make it contactual for a manager to speak to the press, but make them pay for an SPL license that can be cancelled banning them from printing anything about an SPL club if they a) print a made up transfer story b) deliberately misquite or more importantly c) don't divide their column inches equally into 12

However, keep in mind that he has agreed to come and speak to the Motherwell fans face-to-face a week on Thursday at the Trust's Fans Forum event where he will attempt to answer any questions we have without the 'papers getting a sniff. A win/win situation I'd say, and well worth the £3 given his recent lack of comment. And that's without mentioning Craig Brown, Mark Hately and Chris McCart!

I thought Andy Devlin (journalist) was hosting!

Still waiting with baited breath, I think JG is just tryng to ensure a good turn out on thursday !

Looking towards January, the manager has been otherwise engaged - let's just say that!

Apologies! He'll address the press tomorrow at his weekly conference where no doubt he'll be asked, in depth, about the goings on last week!

'Flow

One of the papers, the sun i think, said Gannon refused to shake hands with John Hughes after the game. Anyone know if this is true because Gannon always shakes hands with the other manager and their players after the game.

Read a Hibs forum after the game where their fans were very complimentary of Gannon. Apparently he didn't shake hands with Yogi simply because Yogi lost patience waiting on Gannon who was shaking the hand of every Hibs player

Looking towards January, the manager has been otherwise engaged - let's just say that!

Apologies! He'll address the press tomorrow at his weekly conference where no doubt he'll be asked, in depth, about the goings on last week!

'Flow

That's bad news for most of the folk on here.

They were expecting him to wait until the summer to move on! :lol:

Why doesn't he speak to the press and just answer yes no maybe that would piss them off more.

Those stats are shocking but it's inevitable if we were being penalised as much as that no wonder we couldn't get into any flow.

I'm sure we won't be done any favours this saturday i respect gannon for his opinions but one has to wonder this all started at the dundee utd game when he made his thoughts public.

We were not the aggrieved team that day and he felt it was worthwhile voicing his concerns the officials don't know how to embrace change and will fight it tooth and nail all the way.

It's totally worth fighting for but it's been made pretty clear that we stand to suffer from these poor referees for the forceable future as i don't see gannon back down.

I just wish we were talking about the football of motherwell instead of those who are suppost to be keeping the game in order.

Initial Response

Gannon's official response on the club website. More to follow

I know this has been started as a separate thread :nod: - but this is the thread we've been talking about it since the off.

I thought it was only over on FPC that they start multiple threads for the same issue!

We were not the aggrieved team that day and he felt it was worthwhile voicing his concerns the officials don't know how to embrace change and will fight it tooth and nail all the way.

We were aggrieved against United though. We had a perfectly good goal disallowed for offside. It was plain to see that the referee was atrocious that day though.

Against Hibs, it was absolutely ridiculous that we committed so few fouls yet had that many bookings, two of them when our players were the ones fouled. And Hibs, committing the number of fouls they did, having so few yellows. Even if they were just for persistent fouling they should have had more.