Jim O'brien

cossiemfc

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You never know, Jim's maybe giving up football to concentrate on his music career :thumbup: . Just heard about this....

'Club Couture' 09 - The Celtic Charity Fund Fashion Show

Want to see members of the first team squad, Wives & Girlfriends, River City cast members and special guests take to the catwalk all in the name of charity? Then book your seats now before they're all snapped up! The fashion show will be the focal point of an evening in the Kerrydale Suite which will also include a 3 course meal, auction, raffle and live music from Scotland's latest singing sensation, Motherwell FC’s Jim O'Brien.

The event is sponsored by Portfolio, a MEVCO Brand and all clothing and accessories will be provided by House of Fraser. The Diamond Studio will supply sparkling jewellery for the finale. The main beneficiary charities will be Breast Cancer Care Scotland and The John Hartson Foundation @ Checkemlads.com

As has been said I don't see O'Brien sticking around in the long term. I think he's been brilliant this year and you can see the difference when he's not in the team. I don't really see what he'd have to gain from going to Aberdeen though, especially as I'd think plenty other teams will probably be sniffing around.

Radio Clyde (I know, I know) stated on 5:30 news that McGhee has come out and SAID Jim O'Brien is top of his wish list. A week before we play them as well. Amazing that.

Hope this is remembered with "Motherwell make offer to McCall" as more Radio Clyde garbage. If not poor, poor, show from McGhee. Couldn't his 'wish list' have been, as a matter of respect, kept between the men that matter at Aberdeen and Motherwell?

Didn't think so.

Mark McGhee just strikes me as a man with no sentiment to anyone, not his former clubs as a player or manager. The only reason he currently claims feeling for Aberdeen is he deemed it a better job than Motherwell but a worse one than the Celtic job he'd rather have had.

However, it is a pishy statement to make just before we go to play them, but I don't think Aberdeen have the funds and I hope O'Brien would see this as a sideways step, if he continues his current form consistently he'll get a far better move than Aberdeen!

I thought the SFA didnt allow these sorts of unsettling pishy comments that are purely designed to unsettle players - especially as we play the dirty sheep next!

Sheepeymehs are getting way above themselves these days. After that crap on their offishel website about the Ref at Easter Road and now this. Looks like yon 1984 disease prevelant amongst the fans has infiltrated those in charge as well.......

I imagine his comments will only ensure O'Brien tries even harder than usual a week on Saturday. I can't see that the Sheep will offer better wages or opportunities than we will for O'Brien, but I hope he will give us another year anyway.

from all the talk and Crag's comments on the Alba re-run, you could easily see us offloading Las, McGarry, DLS, Fizzy and Crags of course. Add in Hammell, JOB and Slane being out of contract and Reynolds looking likely to go soon, we would be left with very little squad at all.

Rudd, Yass and Lukaz only here til January Coke and Jenno only one year deals too, the long term outlook seems precarious. Obviously you'd hope many of the above will stay on at least til the seasons end but the signings in January take on extra importance with the amount of players that conceivably will be on there way.

At least with Hutch, Saunders, Forbes, Humph and Sutt on board for a while our fives team still looks pretty handy! :lol:

JGMA

With all the loan players likely to go in January, and talk of "out of favour" players being offloaded, surely Gannon's priority would be to keep players like Slane, O'Brien and Reynolds, and give them new contracts. Thing is, as well as a solid starting 11, he needs to have enough of a squad to cover injuries etc. It's okay saying McGhee wants O'Brien at Aberdeen, but does O'Brien want to go there and stay at the same level (maybe even a step back)?. And would the club let him go anyway when he's playing well for us?

Mark McGhee just strikes me as a man with no sentiment to anyone, not his former clubs as a player or manager.

Why should he? He is paid to do a job for Aberdeen. He wouldn't be doing his job very well if he allowed his former team (and a competitor I might add) some slack.

But I guess its not tapping up when you're a media darling/whore...... :D

Anyway, I heard he was looking at Juniors ;)

Radio Clyde (I know, I know) stated on 5:30 news that McGhee has come out and SAID Jim O'Brien is top of his wish list. A week before we play them as well. Amazing that.

Hope this is remembered with "Motherwell make offer to McCall" as more Radio Clyde garbage. If not poor, poor, show from McGhee. Couldn't his 'wish list' have been, as a matter of respect, kept between the men that matter at Aberdeen and Motherwell?

Didn't think so.

I think Radio Clyde picked up the story from here Evening Express, they published the story in yesterday's paper.

BBC story

I don't understand McGhee's style. Why come out in public with your signing targets? Is he trying to wind up Willie Miller and the Aberdeen fans?

If he wants Jim O'Brien to know he wants him, he only has to speak to his agent. But now the whole world knows he wants him. I forsee another Stephen Hughes scenario. Jimbo off down South and McGhee and Aberdeen looking skint, threadbare and desperate.

Theres always someone never to be pleased!!!

i think he's a good player and he deserves his place in the team at the moment. i just don't think it'll be that hard to replace an extremely attack minded winger who has scored one (deflected) goal in near enough 50 appearances and very rarely crosses the ball especially when we have paul slane ready to step up soon.

I'm sure 'someone' has mentioned to the press that 'media savvy' Mcghee was talking to Jim and 'others' at Leitchy's party last week.

Slow news week, Gannon in the huff with the press, Wee snippet dropped into the hacks who'll be happy to run with it

No real surprise.

I expect Jim O'Brien will be looking to the future, I reckon he'll already have spoke with the boss or at least figured out if he's in the medium to long term plan.

So if he has to go and whilst I prefer him moving out of the SPL, I've no doubt he consider Aberdeen he has to look after his income after all, no sentiment in football :lol:

As far as Im aware JOB and Scott Leitch have a good relationtion.

Understand that after Leitchys party Jim was back at the assistants house playing a way on a guitar!

This is not to say he would want to move up to Aberdeen though is it?