Increasing The Gate?

radgenaldo

T.V. is here to stay, so get used to it. This is probably the clubs highest source of income, they're not going to kick that gift horse in the goolies are they? Everything that goes with that, such as the shitey kick-off times we'll just have to put up with. The only ways to increase the gates are to field a regularly winning team AND cut the gate prices. 5-10 quid I believe is the right price for whats on offer.

:P

We have 4,500 - 5,000 loyal Well fans who turn up when they can, you can open the gates and pay people to come in and they wouldn't.

You cannot change the brainwashed from supporting rangers/celtic, the parents wouldn't allow it or the people haven't the guts to do it, (peer pressure, slagging, etc.)

Get them young, 5-15, (£2 - £5 to get in) treat them as any good business would treat repeat customers, treat them as special!!! (give us back the Cooper for one thing).

All it needs is small inexpensive things that make people believe they are valued customers such as birthday cards sent out for birthdays, christmas cards, special discounts in Well Shop and discounts on catering on match days. (they need it with the prices, £1.60 for a bovril is a fecking disgrace).

Give all Well fans one thing that is lacking, Good Customer Service.

Get some of the players to go round the Primary schools at the beginning of every term and hand out some free tickets for a league match. Take some goodie bags for the kids with some club favours and the like, a voucher for a free drink when they come to the match. Make their day special and encourage them to come back, special prices for kids under 10 would work, what parent wouldn't be happy to give their kid a fiver to go to the football. £3 to get in and a couple of quid for a snack. Going to the football is habit forming, it's what you do on a Saturday afternoon, or used to be. Get them young, get them interested in the local club, the other good thing about that is it takes them away from the sectarian side of things, which will be a bonus for society as a whole.

The work that the club does in the community is one thing that I firmly believe will succeed in growing our fanbase in the coming years.

I agree with that and I've recently come to realise we might not actually be aware of how much they do. I work with adults with learning difficulties and the company's most recently newsletter had a wee article about Bob Malcolm and Mark Reynolds visiting one of our residential care homes just before Christmas. I'd never have known this if I didn't work for them.

I wonder how much more the players do that goes un-noticed?

I agree with that and I've recently come to realise we might not actually be aware of how much they do. I work with adults with learning difficulties and the company's most recently newsletter had a wee article about Bob Malcolm and Mark Reynolds visiting one of our residential care homes just before Christmas. I'd never have known this if I didn't work for them.

I wonder how much more the players do that goes un-noticed?

I think its actually part of a players contractual obligations to do a certain amount of community work each month but its certainly time well invested be it in selling the club to schoolchildren, providing publicity for a worthy beneficiary or simply making someone's day.

How many seats are EMPTY , on average, per home game??

With the outreach going on in primary schools, is it feasible to encourage free support all season for under twelves(or whatever), to bring in more adults who perhaps travel outwith the area...and to ensure a "routine" every home game for increased support. A lucky dip for North lanarkshire schoolkids, through outreach again, for leading the players on the pitch...again throughout the season....with an obligatory photo in the local paper every second week. I remember a good few years back, regular photographs appeared in the Motherwell Times, of schoolkids from a local secondary school which was considered to be struggling in an area of high social exclusion.

The management of the school placed great emphasis on inclusion, starting with the simplest of school requirements.....the wearing of the school uniform, with the associated pride of belonging to something of great worth. This process took approximately six years to become the norm. During this time, everything that could be celebrated, was celebrated, and documented in the local newspaper. The results speak for themselves, both in social inclusion, academic achievement, and local pride.(and an increase in circulation for the local paper!!)

This is purely an analogy to emphasis the small steps that MAY work for an eventual increase in the gate.

My kids were brought up to support MFC, and that it was inappropriate to pass their local gate, in favour of travelling into Parkhead or Ibrox...just as I was!!