Soldiers Season Tickets

fatcalf

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if they were protecting british people against an aggressor i'd back them. the fact is we're not any safer and the two countries they're in are more volatile than before the wars started. half million dead iraqis for what?

Do you even know where our British Forces are?

Brunei?

Kosovo?

Falkland Islands?

Germany?

Canada?

Belize?

Gibraltar?

SBA Cyprus

Qatar?

Diego Garcia?

Afghanistan?

United Kingdom?

Which two of those are more volatile then?

If you were at the game today, you will have noticed that when the squaddies came on to the pitch at half time , many of them had thier kids with them several of whom were bedecked in well colours.

There are regularly in excess of 8000 empty seats at our home games so wheres the harm in giving away some free season tickets for motherwell supporting troops and thier families.

Even if they only spend a few quid at the kiosk or in the shop its all extra revenue, and they may even bring along friends who pay for a ticket or come back for a cup game.

The bottom line is it's good PR for the club and another possible revenue stream, no matter wht you think of the military or wars etc. you have to look at the bigger picture .....

ITS GOOD FOR THE CLUB WE LOVE !!!!!!

If you were at the game today, you will have noticed that when the squaddies came on to the pitch at half time , many of them had thier kids with them several of whom were bedecked in well colours.

There are regularly in excess of 8000 empty seats at our home games so wheres the harm in giving away some free season tickets for motherwell supporting troops and thier families.

Even if they only spend a few quid at the kiosk or in the shop its all extra revenue, and they may even bring along friends who pay for a ticket or come back for a cup game.

The bottom line is it's good PR for the club and another possible revenue stream, no matter wht you think of the military or wars etc. you have to look at the bigger picture .....

ITS GOOD FOR THE CLUB WE LOVE !!!!!!

Another excellent post.

:doh:

Shut the fuck up.

Some of these soldiers have participated in an illegal war and have killed innocent civillians in both Iraq and Afghanistan.

I did not clap them, they are not doing anything to enhance my level of security, nobody should be forced to applaud.

Jog on.

An absolutely appalling post which has brought shame to this site. If that is how low things have sunk then I want no part of it.

I saw that one of the soldiers posted on fpc to say how much he appreciated the gesture from MFC, i really hope he hasnt read some of the nonsense from malky, neil and chris on here.

I also hope that the club arent put off future good gestures and community incentives like this in the future.

Did you 3 have a "dignified silence" when there was a minutes applause at F.P. for the young soldier who was killed in iraq or afghanistan?

Well done Leeann and MFC, please ignore these 3 ignorant fools.

I saw that one of the soldiers posted on fpc to say how much he appreciated the gesture from MFC, i really hope he hasnt read some of the nonsense from malky, neil and chris on here.

I also hope that the club arent put off future good gestures and community incentives like this in the future.

Did you 3 have a "dignified silence" when there was a minutes applause at F.P. for the young soldier who was killed in iraq or afghanistan?

No I was running up and down the east stand in full morris dancing costume clacking wood in protest! :ph34r:

I didnt clap either. WAs too busy reading my program. They chose that profession. This isnt the 1939 when men were called up regardless of what profession you are. I dont see why they should be allowed free season tickets.

I provide food on the shelves for the local town to stop them from starving, can i get one?

They defend our country. And for that, respect. I am not being disrespectful to our troops or whatever you wish to call my opinion, i simply dont agree with them getting free season tickets.

People are allowed their opinion, the same way you are allowed yours. In the scheme of things giving 30 season tickets away for nothing is no big deal considering the amount of empty seats but it's good PR for the club and obviously that is why they have done it. People who sign up do so knowing the risks, they also get paid for the job they do. If someone who was home on leave wanted to go and watch Motherwell there is nothing to stop them doing so. Plus as has already been said there are other sections of the community who do risky jobs every day in life, why not give them free season tickets as well? The reaction on the first thread about this was mixed, it's not just the 3 ignorant fools as you call them who had concerns about it.

There are plenty people out there who can't afford to go and see Motherwell week in week out, why don't the club throw a few season tickets in their direction. They won't though because it doesn't have the sympathetic slant to it as giving people tickets who are serving soldiers. I also hardly think the club are going to be put off making gestures because a few people have said how they feel on a fans messageboard.

Good :D

ps... Don't be so melodramatic :ph34r:

The problem with this topic , much the same as the steelmenonline topic, is that there are too many juvenile folk with infantile mentalities ( you know who you are) and too many adults with the same juve/infantile outlooks ( you know who you are too ).

You all think that it is jolly good fun to hurl abuse and lies at decent folks which is bad enough but when it comes to showing support for our own armed forces you shun them! Then you all listen to pop stars who want to save the world and "comedians" who use anything to raise a laugh then fall behind the words of the growling minority and shout off about an illegal war, there was no "illegal war" in Iraq.Our troops were over there on a policing mission to remove a tyrant and his corrupt government . We were never at "war " with the Iraqis ,they invited us and welcomed us into their country to help them. Tha casualties that we received were down to insurgents from the terrorist cells and Iraqi deaths were down to the infighting between the differing muslim factions fighting for power,which has been happening for years but we don't hear about it because we're not there!

The problem with this topic , much the same as the steelmenonline topic, is that there are too many juvenile folk with infantile mentalities ( you know who you are) and too many adults with the same juve/infantile outlooks ( you know who you are too ).

And there are too many folk who like to be condescending and leap on their high horse at every opportunity (you know who you are).