Busting The Myth - Wtfc Style

Yabba's Turd

Was in the South stand for that game.

I remember being relieved but frustrated at the same time that we'd left it to require that to stay up.

Big Mitch was bemused at that fans waiting for a lap of honour from the team. He thought we were ecstatic just to stay up and it helped his decision to leave because he thought that if our ambitions were that low, then he'd be better elsewhere. Maybe if someone had explained to him that it was just because everyone was so relieved, then he might have thought twice... maybe.

That was the first nailbiting game I was ever at I think, started going to the games with my dad that season, didn't experience anything like that until that game though, I still regard the ball hitting the back of the net as the moment I became a fully fledged 'Well fan.

That was the first nailbiting game I was ever at I think, started going to the games with my dad that season, didn't experience anything like that until that game though, I still regard the ball hitting the back of the net as the moment I became a fully fledged 'Well fan.

Gloryhunter :lol:

Just to clarify, what was at stake that day was avoiding a promotion/relegation playoff (remember them?) with our good friends Airdrieonians FC of Cumbernauld. We had won at Ipox the previous Monday to turn things on their head and leave Hibs needing a better result than either ourselves or Kilmarnock. In the event, all three teams in the mix drew (Raith had been relegated some weeks previously following a 5-0 hounding at FP) and Hibs went into the playoff.

My favourite 'well goal ever, my favourite (and first) 'well strip, and my favourite 'well player getting fouled. Fantastic clip! And there is a very young me in the video celebrating!

Happy days. ;)