Free Jim Gannon

Rocky'

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tell you whit rocky put your thinking cap on and come up with something decent for Jim Gannon in C&A and I'll chip in £20 (Xmas is coming, skint already)

I'm sure others will as well. ;)

But we don't matter. It's what all your 14 year old 'ultra' mates think. ;)

You daft little c**t.

I think its pretty poor that 'Well fans never give any praise to the lads trying to bring a bit of an atmosphere back to Fir Park.

Fair play, I can see how this flag may not be some peoples cup of tea but wheres the need for slagging Rocky' and the others who are trying hard?

I was never part of the 'Well Boys and I wasnt part of making the flag, however I know those who were, and to claim that the people involved are all "14 year old ultras" is a bit pathetic.

I for one would like to be able to go to FP and sing along, enjoy the atmosphere with other fans and support the team but it looks likes people like you who would rather sit and critisise the efforts of others from behind a computer screen are killing the chances of that happening.

I think its pretty poor that 'Well fans never give any praise to the lads trying to bring a bit of an atmosphere back to Fir Park.

Fair play, I can see how this flag may not be some peoples cup of tea but wheres the need for slagging Rocky' and the others who are trying hard?

I was never part of the 'Well Boys and I wasnt part of making the flag, however I know those who were, and to claim that the people involved are all "14 year old ultras" is a bit pathetic.

I for one would like to be able to go to FP and sing along, enjoy the atmosphere with other fans and support the team but it looks likes people like you who would rather sit and critisise the efforts of others from behind a computer screen are killing the chances of that happening.

But if somone doesn't like the flag are they not allowed to share that opinion? It does look like something taken from a gable end in Belfast. What is wrong with saying that?

I respect the work Rocky and the boys do but he should learn to take a bit of criticism without going on the defensive all the time.

They've done a great job with previous banners (the Frobes one being the latest), however, this flag does have definite Irish Republican terrorist connotations.

I don't know how old the lads are that came up with the flag. Maybe if they're teenagers they perhaps were a bit naive, or just didn't think the thing through.

I know folk have been supportive on here of banners such as the Forbes one with lots of folk contributing. This flag though is in poor taste, and looks like something you would find on a gable end in Northern Ireland or something some more extreme members of the Celtic support may have. Having that on display at Fir Park would send out the wrong kind of message. Folk are entitled to put forward their thoughts on that, and when you put it on a forum like this, it's always going to happen.

Anyway, I look forward to seeing future banners that are a little more football related.

They've done a great job with previous banners (the Frobes one being the latest), however, this flag does have definite Irish Repuplican terrorist connotations.

I don't know how old the lads are that came up with the flag. Maybe if they're teenagers they perhaps were a bit naive, or just didn't think the thing through.

I know folk have been supportive on here of banners such as the Forbes one with lots of folk contributing. This flag though is in poor taste, and looks like something you would find on a gable end in Northern Ireland or something some more extreme members of the Celtic support may have. Having that on display at Fir Park would send out the wrong kind of message. Folk are entitled to put forward their thoughts on that, and when you put it on a forum like this, it's always going to happen.

Anyway, I look forward to seeing future banners that are a little more football related.

I agree

I'm not the most creative person in the world, and maybe I'm too old to understand these things now, but that flag is shite, and kind of offensive. It's offensive cos it has an irishman weilding a machine gun, and it's also offense due to it being ridiculously shite.

Maybe I'm too far removed from the "good old days" when there was an atmosphere and everyone was standing up and singing and we all used to piss on eachother and eat greasy pies and take in a carry oot and lift the weans over the turnstyle, but I've never understood how a flag adds to the atmosphere. I'm also convinced that the effect an "atmosphere" has on a player's/team's performance is marginal at best.