Free Jim Gannon

Rocky'

I personally don't have a problem with it, I just don't think the 'Fear Park' bit is warranted.

On the aspect of it beign confiscated and being in front of the guys holding it, it was rightly taken from them. Although that should have only been for the duration of the game.

I love that these guys go to the effort of producing hand made flags and banners, even if the accuracy of the images and grammar is suspect at times.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hilarious post.

Some people don't realise the effort and money these guys put in (by making flags etc. and by going to every game).

Whether you agree with the flag or not, to label people 'stupid wee boys' is ridiculous.

Maybe you should join nethertonwellfan and stay in 'Daniels to sob into your half pint ('koz' that would be a shame) instead of going to Fir Park where these 'boys' shout abuse at anyone.

Why did you feel the need to bring me in to this debate? Daniels , half pint? What pish you are talking! If you read my previous comment you will see I said I respect the boys. Anyway what's your point caller?

Just to clarify the `Fear park` comment was made due to a comment made by Jim Gannon. Good to see a bit of humour brought to the `ark also nice to see we have people on here who dont have that thing called a sense of humour.

It's not meant to be funny though. :P

That's what makes it so funny. :lol:

Most are to do with that though. Fair enough the artwork may not be top notch but most are criticising the flag because they dont see the need for our manager to be holding a gun. Lets be honest no-one thinks Gannon is going to go around with a gun shooting the likes of Hugh keevins so its humourous that here we have an image of him holding a gun with all the arguments and speculation in the media,No?

Most are to do with that though. Fair enough the artwork may not be top notch but most are criticising the flag because they dont see the need for our manager to be holding a gun. Lets be honest no-one thinks Gannon is going to go around with a gun shooting the likes of Hugh keevins so its humourous that here we have an image of him holding a gun with all the arguments and speculation in the media,No?

That's a bit deep for 14 year olds.

By that logic, can we make the next banner one of Mark McGhee waving a candy cane...?

That would be funny.

A big camper van behind him with curtains over all the windows, m+ms trailed up to the door.

^_^ What a complete embarrassment..Guys you should have spent your money on getting art lessons or better felt tip pens.

If it got confiscated then I think it done out of sheer embarrasment and probably done you all a favour.

Nothing wrong with trying out new things but this one is completely out there...Hopefully your next big thing will be less cringeworthy.

...and why are the crowds dropping? they ask.

Its nae wonder folk are put off goin tae the fitba. One look oan this board and you'd be feart tae wear the wrong shirt and shoes tae the game incase someone gets offended by those adidas sambas. :O

A see this flag as a bit of a laugh tbh. Away fans would probably take photos and have a laugh about it, but at the end of the day its a bit ae harmless fun.

Now after 6 pages of posts we have "Jim Gannons PROVO army" and "IRA JIM"

Ye couldny make it up.

The flag is not the best, no. :O

Neither is it aesthetically pleasing or even funny but my God anyone actually offended by it has to be completely subordinate.

At the end of the day it is a flag made up by 'Well fans. If they are 14 or 40 I am just delighted that they have the passion and desire to go to Fir Park when many of their mates will be sitting in the house in their Old Firm tops.

Some folk on here have rightly had a cheeky comment about the flag but others are taking it beyond the banter required of a forum and actually abusing a group of fans.

Driving fans away by slagging what they want to do at Fir Park is as big a folly as making a flag with Jim Gannon wielding a machine gun in the first place...