Free Jim Gannon

Rocky'

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didnt see anyone writting to the Scottish Sun when they printed the image though to say it was offensive?

Glad to hear a few more folk on here saying they do support the other work which has been done though. I think looking at the Phil banner and the Forbes flag, we can see that these things add a bit of colour to the match and lets hope that all fans can get together and continue to help the atmosphere at FP

I didnt see anyone writting to the Scottish Sun when they printed the image though to say it was offensive?
We're not daft enough to worry ourselves over anything that bottom feeding rag has to say. Regardless, it's all about context. A story in the press is different from a big banner at Fir Park.

Intentional or not, a flag showing an Irishman wielding a machine gun is open to many interpretations in the West of Scotland; none of them very favourable.

I'm not the most creative person in the world, and maybe I'm too old to understand these things now, but that flag is shite, and kind of offensive. It's offensive cos it has an irishman weilding a machine gun, and it's also offense due to it being ridiculously shite.

Maybe I'm too far removed from the "good old days" when there was an atmosphere and everyone was standing up and singing and we all used to piss on eachother and eat greasy pies and take in a carry oot and lift the weans over the turnstyle, but I've never understood how a flag adds to the atmosphere. I'm also convinced that the effect an "atmosphere" has on a player's/team's performance is marginal at best.

Oh for the glory days of pissing on somebodies leg and eating greasy pies :lol:

We're not daft enough to worry ourselves over anything that bottom feeding rag has to say. Regardless, it's all about context. A story in the press is different from a big banner at Fir Park.

Intentional or not, a flag showing an Irishman wielding a machine gun is open to many interpretations in the West of Scotland; none of them very favourable.

I think that says more about the people in the West of Scotland as it does the people who made this flag to be fair :lol:

Stupid wee boys, think there hard as usual koz they sit in the East stand and shout abuse constantly at anyone.

Quite right to bin the flag, looks like a terrorist anyway.

Whats wrong with Gannons Motherwell Army???

If you think the ones who made the flags, sit in certain areas of the east stand are all stupid wee guys who think they're hard then maybe you should tell them personally as I'm sure a few would have some objections to your daft comments. you must think your really hard dishing out the name calling over the computer? Think before you press that post button.

Stupid wee boys, think there hard as usual koz they sit in the East stand and shout abuse constantly at anyone.

Quite right to bin the flag, looks like a terrorist anyway.

Whats wrong with Gannons Motherwell Army???

Hilarious post.

Some people don't realise the effort and money these guys put in (by making flags etc. and by going to every game).

Whether you agree with the flag or not, to label people 'stupid wee boys' is ridiculous.

Maybe you should join nethertonwellfan and stay in 'Daniels to sob into your half pint ('koz' that would be a shame) instead of going to Fir Park where these 'boys' shout abuse at anyone.

14 year old stupid wee boys :doh: bit of a childish thing to say?Not1 person ever seen the image as a problem and i still dont i think too many people are looking to be offended and clutching at straws to find something sectarian.Personaly i like this better than the forbes 1 the artworks a bit sketchy but not bad when you see the design bot a massive difference to the forbes 1 when you look at them up close considering the difference in price.

14 year old stupid wee boys :( bit of a childish thing to say?Not1 person ever seen the image as a problem and i still dont i think too many people are looking to be offended and clutching at straws to find something sectarian.Personaly i like this better than the forbes 1 the artworks a bit sketchy but not bad when you see the design bot a massive difference to the forbes 1 when you look at them up close considering the difference in price.

Most of this thread says otherwise.

The shitness of it actually offends my eyes. The fact that he has a right angle on his back is more of a pressing issue than the fact he has a gun.

I prefer MFCs sword flag. :O

And your ellipses are missing a dot. :doh:

Fucking hell lads, cut them some slack, I think it's a good effort considering it's handmade! Most are probably jealous , I'd be fairly chuffed if I could make somethin like that. Who cares whether you like it or not! The thread is about it being confiscated, not whether you like it or not!

Some amount of absolute crap gets spoke on the boards nowadays!

The guys making these flags are good guys a don't think anyone should be debating that or generalising them either. However,there is an element of people who hang around close to them and like to pretend they are something that they are not aswell,and sometimes can give them a bad name.

That aside, the flag was a bit...'daft' really. I'm sure it was ment with the best intentions and all that jazz,and fair play for taking the time and money to make it but as Dee rightly said that the idea of it having terrorist connotations says, 'more about the people of the west of scotland than it does about the guys who made it' - a fair comment,however sadly we LIVE in the West of Scotland and wether the mindset is correct or not it is the one that we live within at the current time and one that we must think about when producing flags etc like this one because people will be very quick to pigeonhole it and for that reason,and the stigma that it would attatch it would probably a ...'daft' flag.

In saying that,makes fuck aw difference to me what people wave at football games really.......

The guys making these flags are good guys a don't think anyone should be debating that or generalising them either. However,there is an element of people who hang around close to them and like to pretend they are something that they are not aswell,and sometimes can give them a bad name.

That aside, the flag was a bit...'daft' really. I'm sure it was ment with the best intentions and all that jazz,and fair play for taking the time and money to make it but as Dee rightly said that the idea of it having terrorist connotations says, 'more about the people of the west of scotland than it does about the guys who made it' - a fair comment,however sadly we LIVE in the West of Scotland and wether the mindset is correct or not it is the one that we live within at the current time and one that we must think about when producing flags etc like this one because people will be very quick to pigeonhole it and for that reason,and the stigma that it would attatch it would probably a ...'daft' flag.

In saying that,makes fuck aw difference to me what people wave at football games really.......

I'm not sure about that.

I don't think the problem is necessarily about any connection with Northern Irish Troubles or anything like that ... I think its more that it shows the club manager waving a machine gun.

I understand if they want to create a bit of atmosphere by waving flags and banners and that at the opposition fans, it creates a bit of noise, maybe makes the place a bit intimidating for other teams and their fans. But there's maybe such a thing as going too far with the intimidation and maybe waving a flag that shows the club manager waving a machine gun is a bit too far?

That said it is certainly quite a funny thing to see posted up on here :doh: Although if there has to be one which gets taken to games I vote for the 'Jim Gannon Loves Swords' one.

Fucking hell lads, cut them some slack, I think it's a good effort considering it's handmade! Most are probably jealous , I'd be fairly chuffed if I could make somethin like that. Who cares whether you like it or not! The thread is about it being confiscated, not whether you like it or not!

Some amount of absolute crap gets spoke on the boards nowadays!

24ciglj.jpg

Aim low, never be disappointed.

I was sitting in the main stand when the flag got unveiled, I must say me and my mate were pissing ourselves when we saw it and I think its quality.

I noticed right away it was jim gannon holding a gun.

Great to see a bit of harmless fun at the football guys, good effort.

I was sitting in the main stand when the flag got unveiled, I must say me and my mate were pissing ourselves when we saw it and I think its quality.

I noticed right away it was jim gannon holding a gun.

Great to see a bit of harmless fun at the football guys, good effort.

Someone has a sense of humour!

Jim Gannon has a gun, he shoots Hibees :doh:

The right angle would be his right side/shoulder as it is in the original image just hasnt came across as such.Personally the best thing thats came out of this situation is how offended, upset and bothered trucks is. I do hope you like our next productions as much.

Oh I will if they are as good as this one. 24ciglj.jpg