Hibees V 'Well

wellmanandy

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For fuck sake. Sounds like a penalty for Well and Murphy gets booked. We are getting nothing today. In all honesty it sounds like we deserve exactly that though. For what I would say is the 4th game in a row Gannons HT changes arent working. Time for a settled side and performance Jimbo.

Radio guy just said 'Motherwell changed things at half time but it never really worked out'.

Gannon needs to stop tampering with things. Sure if its not working with half an hour or 20 minutes to go change it but these HT changes are having a negative effect.

Are you telling me player morale isn't effected when you are pulling players off in the first half and at half time two at a time, match after match?

Sounds very much like we were well beaten by a much better team. We didn't create many chances but that's not really any different to most games this season, we have no spark or guile in that team.

And Gannon's constant chopping and changing is getting frustrating, especially when the changes he's making are clearly not working. We need a settled side in order to pick up or form, just ask any Chelsea fan who saw the same thing when Ranieri was their manager.(Not that I'm even beginning to compare this Motherwell team with any Chelsea one)

With back to back games against Celtic and Rangers coming up I think this could see us slip back down the league and could well herald the beginning of the slump that I have expected since day one. We've done very well to be where we are at this stage, but the reality is that we are not that good a side and depending on what, if any changes to the playing squad made in January, we could be in for a bit of a struggle in the second half of the season.

just back in from the game, thought we gave nearly as good as we got in the first half up until the goal and were outclassed after that. We could've made more of a couple of chances and a fair bit of possession to sneak a draw maybe (and i mean sneak it). we were caught out backing off the man on the ball too many times and paid the price for it. Had a decent penalty claim in the second half but we werent gonna get anything from Brines. Hammell's yellow card was a farce and they had one of the most blatant hand-balls i've ever seen overlooked. The ref was shite but we had already dug our own grave really

i don't think we were ever going to get anything from the match with the approach we took. we were away from home against a team with seven internationalists in the starting line up and we took the approach that we were going to outplay by passing the ball from back to front. unsuprisingly it didn't work and hibs beat us fairly comfortably with makalamby only having to make one real save. today was a day for a hardworking team performance but i can barely think of a 50/50 we won and once again hibs let us beat ourselves and took advantage.

everyone wants to see passing football but ruddy, hateley, saunders and reynolds are constantly putting themselves under pressure and even when we are forced into playing it long no one up front is making runs as they're so used to standing about watching the play build from the back. we didn't put hibs defence under any pressure and constantly allowed the game to be played in our half.

I'm back from game. We looked tired and well beaten today. Hibs were stronger but we helped them look even better than they were. First half we kept possession but created nothing. Second half we just gave the ball back to them all the time and had some suicidal defensive moments. I thought Coke and Forbes looked particularly tired. I was one who called for Lasley to feature today - but he offered nothing when he came on.

We need fresh faces for Old Firm.

Not too happy at all with todays performance. Seemed to struggle big time against a side who were far better at Fir Park. A bit better today from Yassin but the other 3 at the back were alot worse than usual. Anyone hear the guy on Your Call asking when Stevie Hammell was going to put in a tackle? Whoever it was step forward and explain this one. He's been consistent ever since he realised he can still be dropped.

Once again the midfield was non-existant, but taking Forbes out of the game at half time made it ever worse for us. Can we not just stick to a 4-4-2?

It's for the better that i don't comment on the referee or the wee baldy bastard linesmen.

Also fair does to a hibee. When we came out the stadium he actually said we were the best team he's seen at Easter Road all season. Must have been his first home game this season then.

Once again the midfield was non-existant, but taking Forbes out of the game at half time made it ever worse for us. Can we not just stick to a 4-4-2?

Disagree. Forbes done nothing in the first half and we can't reply on players to show a flash of brilliance just because they have done in past games. For me, I'd have made 6 or 7 subs at half time if it was possible.

Anyone hear the guy on Your Call asking when Stevie Hammell was going to put in a tackle? Whoever it was step forward and explain this one. He's been consistent ever since he realised he can still be dropped.

i heard it as well. i think the guys talking out his arse, hammell has had a solid season and we definitely missed him at paisely and hamilton. it was a strange for stevie this afternoon, he had to man mark zemmana all over the prk and be extra careful after he got that joke of a booking.

Today was like watching really good, talented 5-a-side footballers who consider themselves to be pretty good at the game, coming up against an actual football team and realising that when it comes to the real thing they haven't got a clue what they are doing.

Hibs are a no bad side with a decent attacking threat, with luck on their side. Historically we've struggled at Easter Road, and theyve already beaten us, so i guess todays defeat was hardly a suprise. Sure mistakes are being made, but perhaps in the grand scheme of things, this may help the team to improve in the long term, as long as the learn from these mistakes of course! Patience chaps, Jimbo will get it right.

Wasn't there so can't comment on the game itself. Was always going to be a tricky one so not a huge surprise that we've lost.

For me its a day we've kind of got away with it though. Someone expressed their disappointment earlier that Dundee Utd were winning but personally I'm still quite happy that we've lost and are still seven clear of the team in 7th. A wee sneaky win for the Accies when they play the Jambos would be ideal.

Only our second loss of the season coming in December, and that being defeat away to the team in 3rd place without the teams below us gaining any ground. Not ideal but I can live with that.

Who was the big hardman on here confronting people and handing out physical abuse? Make yourself known.

Ah that poofy wee slap? Pretty amusing.

Anyway, to the game. Absolutely dreadful.

If Forbes isn't going to play more than 60 minutes a game he should not be starting. He did piss all in the first half and was quite rightly hooked. Time for a few starts on the bench. Lasley came on and was slack, although we all know he's not shite, lets face it, he's probably just lacking that martch sharpness. Bad time to lose Jennings to injury as I reckon he could have put in a good shift for us today.

We need to STOP with the shite passing the ball from Ruddy to Hateley or the nearest available defender. Terrible tactic that is clearly a Gannon thing as Michael Fraser did the same in the few games he was between the sticks. I could have understood us using that approach when we had wee guys up the field like McDonald, or McCormack but we've 2 tall strikers up there that are good in the air. We should be getting the ball up to them as much as possible, rather than passing the ball about defence for a few minutes without moving forward. That cost us the 2nd goal.

Moutaouakil had his best display today since the Rangers game IMO but the rest of the team were rank. We can't deny that we got what we deserved from todays half arsed performance.

Edit: Gannon, please no more about the referee's or Hugh Dallas, they gave us nothing today. First goal was offside, Murphy booked for diving when he certainly did nothing of the kind. Shhh!

Pretty poor all in today I think.

Poor decision to take Forbes off at the half, again our shape went completely to pieces with his absence. Gannon has to shoulder the blame for that, although, I really beliueve their first was offside, so perhaps he was forced into the change because of that?

Don't think they were any great to be honest, we were just below average in all departments, not helped by a complete arse of a ref who gave them everything, can't believe Murphy was booked for diving, it wasn't a foul, but it wasn't a dive, just a run of the mill challenge IMO.

I think whilst we were disappointing today we were not as dreadful as some folk are making out. I thought until Hibs scored their second goal we were giving as good as we got however they always just looked like they had that little bit more of a goal threat due to their ability to break with such speed. I thought ou biggest disappointment today was Jutkiewitz who has done a lot better than I thought he was going to do when he started but he just seemed invisible. I think Gannon removed the wrong forward at half time. After they scored the second goal our ball retention was frankly rank rotten. We seemed to try and play the ball much more quickly than we had been doing and as such we kept on passing straight to Hibs players which meant far too much of the game at 2-0 was played in our area. When we drew 3-3 at St Mirren when we went 3-1 down we kept trying the same things which worked for whereas today we seemed to get a wee bit caught in the headlights. However Hibs are a better team than us and there is no shame in losing to them. Celtic and Rangers usually see us raise our game and although we were not as good today as we have been I don't think we're far away.

From the BBC stats

shots at goal:1

fouls conceded: 4

Both of these figures concern me greatly. If you don't shoot you don't score and frankly we seem happy with ball retention and a slow build up rather than just chancing our arm.

We regularly run up just a handful of fouls in a game. we really need to be putting a foot in here and there. If it costs a free kick then fine. It will disrupt the flow of the opposition. I'm not saying we should be a dirty team but we need more grit and not to be allowing the opposition to play.