Hibees V 'Well

wellmanandy

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who was the big hardman on here confronting people and handing out physical abuse totally unprovoked.

your version of unprovoked and physical abuse differ greatly from mine.

Ah that poofy wee slap? Pretty amusing.

it was a shite slap and i regret that it happened but only because it was inside the ground.

i walked into the ground with my family and was verbally abused by 6-10 people i don't know. i think my reaction was quite constrained and the people who are happy to throw insults from a distance but won't repeat them at close range should take a look at themselves.

Four, six, whatever. We're a soft touch compared to every other SPL team.

I take your point Geoff, but given the Gannon-Dallas situation this would be the wrong time for us to start putting the boot in.

To be honest I'm not overly disappointed. Granted I've not seen how bad the performance was, but it sounds like we were unfortunate with refereeing decisions and the like. Hibs are in a great run of form so far this season, and it was always gonna be a tough game.

I genuinely believe we'll take at least a point at home next week against Celtic. Would be nice, seeing as it's my first game since we humped Flamurtari 8-1...

I also believe that as much as Gannon is being slated for changing it at half time, he would also be getting it in the neck if he had left it. That's not a dig, just a reflection.

Didn't expect to get much of a result yesterday but a few things really disappointed me.

Thought we looked tired and at this stage of the season there's no excuse for that, even with our early start.

As others have said we don't have any dig in the team at all. I'm not asking for players to go about kicking folk but we never won a 50/50 all day.

Tactically I was surpised that for someone with a reputation for identifying the opposition's danger men and stopping them playing Gannon obviously learnt nothing from the game at Fir Park! We just stood off Zemama and let him run things again!

I thought Reynolds had turned into Craigan with his long balls up to Juke and Sutton who were totally dominated by Bamba!

Giles Coke - when he comes up against a better player he hides.

I think the game against Celtic has come at the perfect time for us. The players should at least be well up for it as it on the telly.

Sorry, but that's rubbish. Don't you remember Coke's performance at Celtic Park?

Yes I do it was a decent defensive performance but nothing special. That was also Yass's best game in a Well shirt, but it was still a game that we really should have lost. Celtic just didn't have their shooting boots on.

There is no way that Brines should be booking Murphy for a dive from the position he was in. Watching it again I'm even more convinced it was a penalty, and a potential turning point in the match despite Hibs control at that point.

Once again Brines has proved himself a total c*nt!

Not seen anything of the game but the general consensus here and in the press is that we never really turned up, I just hope JG not letting anyone speak to the press is because he wants to fire them up for the Celtic game, I fear the worst if we turn in a similar performance.

C'mon 'Well lets break the telly hoodoo and make the pundits choke on thier criticisms.

Not seen anything of the game but the general consensus here and in the press is that we never really turned up, I just hope JG not letting anyone speak to the press is because he wants to fire them up for the Celtic game, I fear the worst if we turn in a similar performance.

C'mon 'Well lets break the telly hoodoo and make the pundits choke on thier criticisms.

Telly hoodoo's gone. We were live on TV when we beat Llanelli 3-0 down there. Granted it was on S4C but telly's telly :ph34r:

I've watched the highlights about four times and I am still not sure if that was a pen or not. Yellow card was definitely a joke but the Hibs player makes contact with the ball too as you can see the direction change but not sure which order he hits them in and there is no angle that gives you a clear view. Got to say it looks more of a pen now than it did to me at the game but still not 100% convinced.

Disappointing result but not entirely unexpected given the way Hibs have been playing.

I think the time to judge is after two full rounds of fixtures. By some twist of fate we are playing 5 of the top 6 in a row(excluding us of course!) and then St J and Hearts making 7 of the top 12. We don't play the bottom 4 till the New Year. Not that it guarantees us picking up points playing the bottom 4, but if we are still in the top 6 come the New Year I will be fairly happy.

After this weekend I think it is unlikely we will make top 4 - so top 6 and decent Cup run will do I suppose. Not giving up altogether - just being realistic :wallbash:

The cup takes on a more important slant - which worries me of course...............

Bitterly disapointed with the performance on sunday. Very lack luster when in possesion of the ball. Never looked comfortable at all. No imagination when on the ball. How many times in the last 3-4 games have we seen the ball played from keeper - defence - midfield - defence (switch) - midfield - defence then a hump up the park. No creative influence in the team at the moment. Decisions like playing forbes at left mid, when we are exposed so many times down the flanks then takes him off at half time for the 2/3 game in a row. Why start him then? Tactical decisions? Then when were chasing the game we convert to one up front. Incident in the second half where coke is in the hibs box and has to take a shoot from a tight angle cause no ones in the box!! Not just saturday but evident in the last couple of games. Very disapointing.

Think we have been really unlucky this season with not really having the Humph or Slane and now Jim O'brien looks to be unsettled by this Aberdeen chat.

From my pished memory coke was left mid 2nd half on Saturday? Not really his best position.

Anyway bad day at the office, can't have any complaints but Hibs are a good side and from watching the highlights again, they did play really good football and create quality chances. Can't be too dissapointed losing to a better team.

Hopefully the Celtic game is coming at a good time for us and we can kick on and have a good december. Rangers away i'd not expect anything but Hearts look there for the taking and St Johnstone at home you would hope we could see them off.