January Transfer Window

WilliePettigrew

• Replies 793
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No... he wasn't.

We were after a Striker how so many people overlooked that basic fact from Brown's interviews is beyond me.

It was confirmed from numerous sources and spoke about at length last Saturday on Radio Scotland that Moore was the "World Cup" player Brown was speaking about. Appaprently, it was Archie Know who was doing most of the leg work to get the signing done. I don't recall the position of the player ever being mentioned at the same time as his likely inclusion at the World Cup either.

Don`t know if anyone else heard real radio sport this morning at half 7 but they said that us and aberdeen are interested in bringing Stephen Dobbie in from Swansea.

Apparently he is keen to come back to Scotland.

Sure someone else posted that they would like to see him at The Well earlier in this thread!

He'll be on 5 or 6 grand a week at Swansea

Mate just heard on the radio that Moyes wants Jutkiewitz and Ruddy back due to injuries.

Anyone else heard this?

Haven't heard but I'd hope not.

Although if he was going to recall them I reckon he would have done it by now. It's not like the injuries Everton are suffering from have happened recently, they have been struggling with it all season.

Did they not have something like 12 players ruled out for their cup game against Carlisle? I sure he would have taken them back for that rather than extending the loans until February before it.

He'll be on 5 or 6 grand a week at Swansea

Anderson is probably in a similar situation re wages........

ANDERSON RELEASED BY BLACK CATS Sunderland defender Russell Anderson has had his contract terminated by mutual consent.

The Scotland international has been beset by injuries since moving to the Stadium of Light from Aberdeen in 2007.

The 31-year-old had made over 300 appearances during a 10-year spell at Pittodrie but was limited to a single substitute outing for the Black Cats against Wigan in 2007.

He spent the final stage of the 2007-08 season on loan at Plymouth but suffered a cruciate ligament injury when on loan at Burnley the following season, which kept him out for 14 months.

Sunderland manager Steve Bruce said: "This decision has been taken with Russell to give him an opportunity to find a club where he can fulfil his desire to play more first team football.

"He has been very unfortunate with injuries since he came here but his attitude and determination to get back playing have been exemplary. We wish him all the very best for the future."

Anderson has previously been linked with a move to Hibernian.

Just to keep the rumour mill mixing bowl topped up. I was out for a run on Saturday morning and I ran past Fir Park and a big black man in a suit got out a car and was walking towards Fir Park.

Could just be a smartly dressed plumber or he could be Ronaldo's agent. Mmmmm

Just to keep the rumour mill mixing bowl topped up. I was out for a run on Saturday morning and I ran past Fir Park and a big black man in a suit got out a car and was walking towards Fir Park.

Could just be a smartly dressed plumber or he could be Ronaldo's agent. Mmmmm

Could be someone who caught JB's eye whilst cruising. :D