January Transfer Window

WilliePettigrew

Seen on the BBC that MK Dons have offered Gary MacKenzie of Dundee a Pre-Contract. I know hes 1st Division, but look at the players from the first dividion that have went down south and really went from strength to strength, Dorrans, McPake, Snodgrass, Scotland to name but a few.

Surely we could tempt him here, even with dundee having the money in the bank???

• Replies 793
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is the window for Reynolds to move. As he signed his last contract he said that it would probably be his last and if he moved at the right time Motherwell would be compensated. He's gave us some decent service and graft and if he moves he moves with our best wishes.

:rolleyes: Mark Reynolds

That's how more players should approach it.

If he'd played three good seasons then you would all be right in what you're saying, but if any clubs have been watching him consistently since he broke into the team then their cheque books will remain firmly in their pockets. I'd take quarter of a million right now.

:lol::rolleyes:

£250,000 are you off your head?

Whilst I'm not daft enough to consider him a £2million player or not daft enough to think that Motherwell will even attempt to play hard-ball when an offer of around £750,000 comes in but given that we managed to get, what, 400k for Paul Quinn then Reynolds going for 250k would be totally criminal.

Why the :rolleyes: ? Why shouldn't we get a price like that for an obvious talent when Fox, hardly a world-beater, is quoted at almost £2Million? I know how it works, but do we really need to sell him right now? Is Reynolds out of contract in June (not sure on that) and, if not, then surely we call the shots here?

Simple. Don't like the wallbash emoticon and it's the latest in a long line of misguided quote!

As I said, it doesn't make it any easier. Realism. A player's current contract are considered for compensation to be calculated aided by combination of length of contract and a few different clubs really wanting the player wouldn't go amiss, I don't think we have a possible bidding war do we? Comparison to a failed summer signing at the San Giro? Fatuity.

Contracted to 2011, those in charge of finances will decide if we need to sell him now...

We need these players to generate income no matter how harsh it sounds, but, prospects moving for next to nothing must be avoided at all costs. Do we really call the shots? Sad indictment of today's game, players and unscrupulous agent fiends do. Realism. I'd love the club to play hardball, feel we just aren't in the financial position (that includes clout from any perceived position of strength) to do so unfortunately unless you could clarify different.

This is the window for Reynolds to move. As he signed his last contract he said that it would probably be his last and if he moved at the right time Motherwell would be compensated. He's gave us some decent service and graft and if he moves he moves with our best wishes.

:rolleyes: Mark Reynolds

That's how more players should approach it.

+1

I think we've seen since just how under-rated Quinn was, to be fair. If Cardiff offerred him back in a straight swap for Reynolds, I'd take their arm off!

No harm to Reynolds. I like him and I hope he does well when he leaves, but I just don't think he's that good.

As I've alluded to, I dont think he is the £2million player that we originally thought he would be, but he is certainly a better player than Quinn. Better at centre-half, better at full-back and potentially better in front of a full-back as well. I liked Quinn, but Reynolds is better and to say that £250,000 is a fair price is bonkers.

usually teams in admin release players ;)

Palace's situation is a bit different though. Moses is almost definately going to a Premiership Club. They could probably raise more money if they were to sell the likes of Ambrose and Danns. So they may not need to release that many players....

http://www.tribalfootball.com/central-coas...oan-hold-602191

Central Coast midfielder McGlinchey’s Motherwell loan on hold

27.01.10 | Andrew Slevison

Central Coast Mariners midfielder Michael McGlinchey may have to wait to go on loan to Scottish club Motherwell.

The 23-year old New Zealand international was reportedly set to return to Scotland where he had stints with Celtic and Dunfermline but Mariners coach Lawrie McKinna has said that a deal was not agreed upon and was unsure if anything would happen before the January transfer window closes on Monday.

"There's no Motherwell deal yet. That's came from over there. Motherwell have inquired about getting him on loan but that's as far as it goes," McKinna told au.fourfourtwo.com.

"There's nothing at all. The board have to look at our position. The deadline is Monday so the club will decide what's right for the club."

McKinna admitted he would like McGlinchey to stay with the Mariners as they chase a top-six finish and play-off qualification (they are currently four points out) but said he would not stand in his way.

“It's a hard one because you don't want to stand in anyone's way but if we beat Perth this weekend we've got a chance for the finals. So I'm just concentrating on getting into fifth or sixth spot," added McKinna.

Unfortunately, until everything has been signed and sealed this is the problem we have. I wonder what the hold up is as we've been speaking about this move for days now? Reminds me of the McGhee era when we lost out on a couple of loan players after dilly dallying about.

Palace's situation is a bit different though. Moses is almost definately going to a Premiership Club. They could probably raise more money if they were to sell the likes of Ambrose and Danns. So they may not need to release that many players....

I heard Moses was going to Real Madrid

Despite all there problems looks like the Jambos are building a squad for next season with pre-contracts.

I have a concern that with a lack of clarity on our manager going forward we will struggle to secure commitments from new or existing players.

I would be gutted to see jim o'brien go especially to another SPL team.

Personally, I don't think Jim O'Brien has any intention of being at Motherwell Football Club after this season. Losing a player to one of your rivals is never easy but that's football these days. Money talks. I'll certainly not be losing any sleep over it.

I just look at it as a wage freed up to get Juke on board on a permanent basis.

We would need to offload a few more then with the wages he is on at Everton. He will be Championship bound at the very least next season. Slightly annoying that Hearts can just dip in and sign whoever they want especially given their financial situation. Let us hope ev ery signing is a step closer to them being gubbed.