January Transfer Window

WilliePettigrew

I think he may get more appealing offers than aberdeen. Hope Gannon persuades him to stay put. But with Clarkson, Quinn and Porter all away to the championship im sure jim will fancy his chances and will follow suit if a club comes calling.

• Replies 793
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's an absolute disgrace what McGhee has got away with, coming out stating he wants to sign one of our players when he has no right to talk to him until January. It's definately had an adverse effect on his game and ultimately our preformances. Shows a total lack of respect.

I'm no fan of McGhee but if O'Brien has took his eye of the ball then the blame lies firmly with Jim.

O'Brien can get to fuck right away. Hes not played well since this aberdeen stuff came about. He knows he's off somewhere else. So get him punted.

Thats exactly the objective Mutley set out to achieve, unsettle the player and get the fans to turn on him, manipulative toss pot that he is

I wonder if McGarry will be away in January. Smith and Fitz are obv injured and would imagine they would be here until the summer at least, whereas McGarry has always been available. I think his shocker in the League Cup against Inverness was the final nail in the coffin for him.

It certainely will be intresting to see what happens.

I think it does.

And, I know a lot of folk disagree, the majority of our goals have come from free kicks and penalties he has won through running at defences.

I also get the feeling though that Jim has decided to go and that the details have already been discussed in informal channels between his agent and McGhee. That's just a hunch though.

I would be very sorry and disappointed to see O'Brien go. McGhee deserves to be slaughtered for tapping a player still under contract. Nae chance of that though.

Anyway, I'd take Jody Morris and Philip Morias off St Johnstones hands. I think they're both excellent players.

I would be very sorry and disappointed to see O'Brien go. McGhee deserves to be slaughtered for tapping a player still under contract. Nae chance of that though.

Anyway, I'd take Jody Morris and Philip Morias off St Johnstones hands. I think they're both excellent players.

I'd take any number of good players but how often do we sign players under contract to other SPL clubs who are doing a decent job for them? If there contracts are up in the summer then by all means we could do worse but we certainly in no position to take anyone.

I'd be happy to see Ruddy and Juskiwicz extend loan deals. After that a lot might depend on fitness and readiness of Slane assuming he hasn't signed his own pre contract elsewhere and like to see another striker brought in as Sutton for all he is good for a goal I don't think is good enough for team aiming at top half of the SPL. Not to mention a right back though undecided on Moutoakil.

Suspect a few more loan deals is all we'll see. Outside of that young striker we maybe signing from england.

I heard a rumour that Everton wanted £250K for Ruddy. Personally i beleive we should invest the money in him as he is well worth £1-2 mill IMO.

However as strikers go 6 goals for the Duke, id want to keep him for another 6 months (his fitness is here and so is his goals), or sign him permenently.

I would also like to see another striker and midfielder as some players are beginning to tire. "Forbes"

Out - McGarry is a definate.

Fizzy, - not fussed if he goes, would like him to get 6 months under Gannon to prove himself

Craigan - would like to keep him in a player/coaching role for the future, dont know if he and Gannon get on but theres no loyalalty in the game anymore

Yassin - not convinced - i bet hes on big wages so i'd rather him out to tie up Ruddy long term as we have some promising defenders coming through the youth system.

Ohh aye Fraser G2F*** Yer P15H. The young pole should get his chance.

I'd offload McGarry and Yassin.

Bring in a right back, another striker and cover for O'Brien should be go. Ruddy and Lukas are musts.

Question marks over Craigan, Lasley, Fitzpatrick and Smith, but all four should stay until the end of the season imo.

I think there's a lot of weighing up to be done at Fir Park between now and the start of the transfer window.

My first thoughts are that movement of players will be minimal and for new players to come in, others will have to go, and those coming in will most likely be on loan.

The manager's first task will be to try to hang on to what we have otherwise we'll seriously weakened in goals and upfront especially. He's already said he's keen to retain all three and having apparently discussed future planning with Boyle, one would assume that the club will come up the finance required to keep them if they and their clubs are keen to extend things.

The obvious one everybody reckons will go is McGarry but that's on the assumption that there's a club that wants him, otherwise unless MFC are prepared to come to a settlement then he's likely just to sit tight to the summer, get a wage for six months and then walk.

Then there's the O'Brien poser. With Humphrey and Slane both hopefuly going to be back come January and Jim out of contract come the summer is he worth the gamble of selling him on, hoping the aforementioned duo stay fit and using the proceeds to reinvest in the team be it this window or in the summer? How keen is he to commit to MFC or to go north? Though the power lies with the player to keep his options openl until the summer if he wishes, seems to me the question has to be asked of him soon.

With or without the possible monies received/saved from O'Brien/McGarry/others John Boyle has some pondering to do over John Ruddy. There's been the often mooted £250k deal, though I remain to be convinced this has ever been agreed and not just something that was speculated, repeated and has since become written in ink.

He has to consider whether a permanent deal for Ruddy would be a good long term investment or an expense that the club simply cannot afford with a transfer fee, likely top end wages to what most of the squad are one, reductions in budget for elsewhere in the team and perhaps most difficult poser for him by potentially taking another step down down that road we swore we would never go back down again.

But can he afford NOT to sign him and risk losing out on a potential wedge a few years down the line, seeing the squad weakened if someone else nicks him on loan or worse another Scottish club buys him and earns the beans in a couple of years time.

Sorry, loads of questions but no answers for you!

I seen Stevie Lovell is playing for Partick, i feel he's a better standard than the first divison, if only we had a bit of money, i would snap him up right away.

Definite must keeps till june at least are Ruddy, Yassin and Lucas. Id take another striker from somewhere as well, we're a bit short up front.

Ruddy, Yassin and Lucas will all be away come January, Obrien is Aberdeen bound and Reynolds will be sold to the highest bidder .What chance then for the top six eh.
JG's no fool. He was quite open about his plan to bring in loans on the short term to give him some time. He has already spoken about the need to bring in some new faces during the next window and, given his track record, I have no doubts that's what will happen.

For all that, I said since day one that anything around 8th or 9th would be fine this year - as long as we had a decent platform to build on for next season.

Would like Jim Gannon to gather the whole squad together and first tell them, he's committed to staying for at least two more years. I would imagine he's already asked those concerned whether they want to stay or not. For me if anyone is not 100% behind Gannon they should go.

The opportunity for players to run contracts down should not be an option. You get nothing from the player except an uncomfortable situation and often a disruptive effect around the club. Their agents or whoever should be told by MFC - here's what we want for him (value determined by the cost of his wage until the summer) and instructed to find them a club before January.

If they take the piss? MFC then has to decide whether to bite the bullet and continue to pay their wage but freeze the player out of all meaningful playing action until the summer (Basically lower their profile and appeal), pay them off or try to use them in some sort of swap deal.

I think we'll see quite a bit of transfer action come January and can easily see us losing a keeper and a couple of defenders - we might get a bid for Reynolds that we can't afford to turn down and release either Yassin or Craigan. I also expect us to shed some baggage in midfield - 2/3 players to leave.

If money is saved/raised I hope Gannon and Boyle spend it wisely. Creative midfielder and a Coyne-esque type striker (can but dream) would be good.

tree

try this. last paragraph. Talks of sitting down with each player and going over the master plan. Am looking forward to what happens in january.

Wish list is for not to lose anyone and get a couple of options up from, though would like to see the youngsters get a go as well. :lol:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/t...ell/8392955.stm