January Transfer Window

WilliePettigrew

Well we have punted McGarry, Young Slane looks to be off, and if JOB goes to Hearts which he is entitled too then I would love to see Duke sign but my first choice is Ruddy, Fraser is P1sh.

We have a very good cometetive team and if we can keep the current crop next year we will do well, mind we have Fizzy, DLS coming back into the squad, Lasley looks a totally different player and Humpreys can do the job of JOB.

Im not worried too much, i would like some stability in the club. EG: Manager in place

• Replies 793
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The problem is Yass was on £8,000-£10,000 per week at Charlton. Madness I know. I personally heard a former manager, ahem, discuss this. What will Ruddy and Lukas be on? Similar, maybe even more? We have no chance of being able to pick up either wage on a 100% per week basis. We also can't get shot of three/four players and replace them with one. We need more strength in depth than that. We need to keep the likes of Hateley, Coke, etc. and either try to get a permanent keeper (Fraser won't do) and striker or get two more loans in for next year. If we get the same quallity as this year, I'd go for loans again.

I can't see Ruddy being on THAT much, a 3/4 choice keeper at Everton, probably on around 3k pw, looking at Juke, I'd probably think about double that.

Who knows why Yass is/was on that money, but I think that may be why Charlton are humped.

aberdeen, celtic,bristol rovers, hearts, norwich and another couple of teams all noted their interest in Jim.

Don't see it being Celtic either. The amount of wide players they have he'd never get a game.

If he goes and those are the teams that are interested, he'll be off down to Bristol or Norwich.

EDIT: Good to see Hammell chasing after a new deal on the 'fishal

We would need to offload a few more then with the wages he is on at Everton. He will be Championship bound at the very least next season. Slightly annoying that Hearts can just dip in and sign whoever they want especially given their financial situation. Let us hope ev ery signing is a step closer to them being gubbed.

I agree that we wont be able to afford Lukas' wages. However it doesn't necessarily mean that he will be looking for the same wages. We didn't pay Stephen Hughes the same wages he was on at Leicester. Sometimes a player will take a hit in wages to help himself in the longer term.

Having said that I don't think he will take as big a drop to come to us permanently but you never know.

Fair enough to J O'B if he wants to go. Signed a contract, contributed, improved and hasn't let the fact that'll he'll probably be away get in the way of his play just now. Be nice to have got money for him, but chances of that in today's climate are slim to none.

Why have we not offered Hammell a new contract yet? Ludicrous imho. Get him signed he is a solid and loyal servant.

So Loyal that he left us for free, didn't do well in England, so came back up for a transfer fee!

Lasley did similarly, albeit came back for nothing after bombing!

Therefore, for some reason, people are calling JOB & Slane disloyal, yet they have not made the moves (as of yet) that the 'loyal' 2 did befure scurrying back up the road.

So Loyal that he left us for free, didn't do well in England, so came back up for a transfer fee!

Lasley did similarly, albeit came back for nothing after bombing!

Therefore, for some reason, people are calling JOB & Slane disloyal, yet they have not made the moves (as of yet) that the 'loyal' 2 did befure scurrying back up the road.

+1

If you call playing almost every game he was fit for, including making Rooney and Ronaldo look like pish and being liked by the Saffend fans as it not working for him, then sure.

I call it his missus not being happy and him not wanting to play League 1 football, while rejecting Aberdeen as rather loyal

If you call playing almost every game he was fit for, including making Rooney and Ronaldo look like pish and being liked by the Saffend fans as it not working for him, then sure.

I call it his missus not being happy and him not wanting to play League 1 football, while rejecting Aberdeen as rather loyal

I but what the original point was is he still left us to go to another club. How loyal was that ?

I don't care that he left to try and better himself and make more money but he still left and people are slating JOB and paul Slane or doing the same are they not ? Is it not a case of double standards.

For the record I am a fan of both Lasley and Hammell but you can't argue with airfinz post. It is fact.

Of course I can't but I just posted why I can take issue with the post <_<

The one where he was booked for kicking Rooney in the air?

Listen I remember the game Man United 0 Southend 1 or the other way about but you get my drift lol. I love Hammell and Lasley but if I could have had anyone form Southend it would have been McCormack.