January Transfer Window

WilliePettigrew

Dont think we need another goalie one superb one and one solid one waste of small budget to get any more! Need a right back striker and left winger hope to see murphy playing upfront more second half of season! Think mglinchy is good signing though

Central Coast Mariners say Michael McGlinchey's loan to Motherwell has gone no further an inquiry so far. (The Herald)........

I read somewhere it all depends now on Mariners getting to the play-offs.

• Replies 793
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So we inch closer to the deadline and it looks like our transfer window business will be

In: McGlinchey

Out: McGarry, Slane (totally out of the squad even if he waits til June)

If this is the case, we are pretty much where we were. McGlinchey coming in to replace Slane. McGarry wasn't really featuring in the squad. We have extended the loans of Jutkiewicz and Ruddy but it's not exactly adding to the squad.

Are we happy with this? For me, we look likely to finish outwith the top six with this squad. The Old Firm, Hibs, Dundee Utd, Hearts and Aberdeen are looking stronger than us. Being honest, I would have been happy with seventh at the start of the season, and nothing has really changed.

As an aside, when does the window close. Given that the last day of January is a Sunday, I was wondering if there would be an extension to the Monday afternoon. I know that previously the window had been extended when it had been supposed to close on a public holiday. Wondering purely in terms of whether we might see a late bid for Reynolds or O'Brien or even the Slane deal being pushed through for a fee. And the knock on effect this might have in terms of whether we do have money to spend. I don't foresee anything happening, but my concern would be that we do sell someone too late to use the cash for replacements...

So we inch closer to the deadline and it looks like our transfer window business will be

In: McGlinchey

Out: McGarry, Slane (totally out of the squad even if he waits til June)

Need to add Moutaouakil to the outs and it's at right back that we're doing a McGhee and playing square pegs in round holes.

Window shuts at midnight not at 5pm. I think we will do a bit of buisness in both directions on Monday.

Hopefully that would allow us a bit more time to do some business.

Although the transfer window down south shuts at 5pm and we usually just follow suit.

Need to add Moutaouakil to the outs and it's at right back that we're doing a McGhee and playing square pegs in round holes.

Agreed - We need a right back on Monday. Even just an experienced average player - nothing flash to sit in at right back - Hatley is much better as a water carrier in midfield anyway.

Apart from that I'm delighted we have Ruddy and the Duke signed up so that will do me (and McGlinchey if it is legit..)

Are we happy with this? For me, we look likely to finish outwith the top six with this squad. The Old Firm, Hibs, Dundee Utd, Hearts and Aberdeen are looking stronger than us. Being honest, I would have been happy with seventh at the start of the season, and nothing has really changed.

Before today I would have agreed with you - but after today's result............maybe not.

Window shuts at midnight not at 5pm. I think we will do a bit of buisness in both directions on Monday.

are you sure mate as i think the spl window closes at 5pm along with the england transfer window i may be wrong but i think i read that somewhere we need a right back and another striker i thnk to cover but with craig brown he will have contacts and im sure he will be working hard to get a couple in

Deffo closes at midnight mate

It must getting discussed on various radio channels last week that it was extended to midnight. SSN have the countdown to 5pm so, as previously stated, this is probably the deadline down south.

Whether he has been lucky so far I don't know, but Hateley has been tremendous as right back. Although I do think Yassin may have performed better in that role under a 4-4-2 rather than a 'whatever the hell was going on' formation Gannon employed most weeks.