January Transfer Window

WilliePettigrew

• Replies 793
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

tree

try this. last paragraph. Talks of sitting down with each player and going over the master plan. Am looking forward to what happens in january.

Wish list is for not to lose anyone and get a couple of options up from, though would like to see the youngsters get a go as well. :lol:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/t...ell/8392955.stm

Exactly the mindset we have been crying out for in recent years.

i cant believe richie foran and stevie lovell have been mentioned.

that would be gutting if they signings were made.would never happen anyway.

neither of them are better or are as good as what we have now.both found there level now,especially lovell.

i cant believe richie foran and stevie lovell have been mentioned.

that would be gutting if they signings were made.would never happen anyway.

neither of them are better or are as good as what we have now.both found there level now,especially lovell.

:P That'll be lovell who's one of the top 10 goal scorers in the history of the SPL, but according to you, found his level at division one. :mad:

What the fuck is it with everyone still wanting Foran back?

He's an average player who did well for us, mainly because he can take a penalty and head the ball. But he struggled to play any more than about 20 minutes before blowing out his arse and needing subbed.

Lovell is even worse than Foran and it's debatable whether he's good enough for the SPL or not. Would never have him near Fir Park.

Ive always liked Foran as a player, thats just me.

Unfortunately he brings baggage of long nights drinking Mega bar esk with others in the team. Unless he is over this party time attitude i wouldnt want him back as would have a bad influence on the "younger" players.

Lovells a decent player, i'd rather have him than Foran.

He's a good natural goalscorer, problem though is injuries and fitness issues.

If i'm honest i'd keep Ruddy and Lukas.

and bring in G.O'Brien, a creative midfielder and a 3rd striker(small with pace though).

I'd give J.O'brien a chance to play and i'd play Jennings in where Coke is.

But in Gannon i trust.

I heard a rumour that Everton wanted £250K for Ruddy. Personally i beleive we should invest the money in him as he is well worth £1-2 mill IMO.

However as strikers go 6 goals for the Duke, id want to keep him for another 6 months (his fitness is here and so is his goals), or sign him permenently.

I would also like to see another striker and midfielder as some players are beginning to tire. "Forbes"

Out - McGarry is a definate.

Fizzy, - not fussed if he goes, would like him to get 6 months under Gannon to prove himself

Craigan - would like to keep him in a player/coaching role for the future, dont know if he and Gannon get on but theres no loyalalty in the game anymore

Yassin - not convinced - i bet hes on big wages so i'd rather him out to tie up Ruddy long term as we have some promising defenders coming through the youth system.

Ohh aye Fraser G2F*** Yer P15H. The young pole should get his chance.

You say Fraser is pish yet you want to give the young Pole a chance, the same Polish keeper Gannon himself dropped when it looked like Ruddy was going to be injured. I would love to see the mistakes Fraser has made (that no other current Motherwell goalkeeper hasn't - ala Ruddy). Is he better than Ruddy? No. Is he as good as Ruddy? No - but how many teams in the World have two keepers of the same standard? Fraser is a solid back up.

As for Foran :lol: Apart from the Old Firm and Hibs, not many teams if any have a better partnership than us IMHO. Sutton and The Duke compliment each other well.

It's easy to say that we should get rid of someone, but that would involve either paying off their contract or convincing another club to take it on. If a player isn't of SPL quality but is getting SPL wages, then I don't see them taking a pay cut just because we don't want them, and I also don't see any lower league clubs being happy to take on their wages. I also don't see us off-loading the long-term injured.

Our backup players are never going ot be as good as our first teamers, otherwise they wouldn't be bench players at MFC. Once Lasley, Craigan, McGarry, Fitzy, and Smith's contracts are up I wouldn't be too fussed if they left, but at the moment at least Craggs and Las are good experienced backup.

As for bringing players in, we oculd really do with some creativity.

As for bringing players in, we oculd really do with some creativity.

PLEASE DO GANNON :nod:

Still think we need a right back at lest cover anyway if we keep Yasin. and a creative midfield player. Someone who can change the tempo of a game, never get posted missing when everyone else does and someone who can take the game by the scruff of the neck.

I'm afraid good players = Spending money and that's something we don't have. :lol:

What gets me the most about these threads is the lack of understanding of what Jim Gannon is trying to do at Motherwell!

Well said. Taking Jim Gannon's philosophy on developing youth, I think we should drop all discussion on Foran and Lovell. Regardless of what you think of them, it's simply not what Gannon is about.

I agree the side needs more creativity in midfield. There lies potential already in Humphrey and Slane on the wings. Someone with their pace and crossing ability can feed the likes of Jutkiewicz and Sutton. Since the former is just on loan, I anticipate another striker arriving.

In defence, we still have Craigan as a squad player. I believe the only way he should leave is with the arrival of fresh defensive blood. I have faith JG will have identified defensive targets. We stand the risk of losing Reynolds anyway. This may bring in funds but he will still need to be replaced.

So far as who we bring in - I bet it will be like the Summer - we won't have heard of any new signings before. They will all be under 23 as well.

With regards the exit door - the only stonewall departee is McGarry. I don't think he even trains with the first team anymore. The other players mentioned for moving on are either in the squad (Lasley and Craigan) or injured (Fitzpatrick and Smith).

I have every faith in JG. The squad that started the season was stronger than the one that finished 08-09. Come January 31st, I predict we will be even stronger.

Richie Foran?

Seriously?

What exactly would he offer us that John Sutton or Lukas won't? Fuck all!

As much as I think Richie Foran would be a step in the wrong direction and I wouldn't sign him, I'd take him in the team over Sutton. He is far more mobile and a better technical player and I'm sure he could reach two SPL goals by the 5th of December.

As much as I think Richie Foran would be a step in the wrong direction and I wouldn't sign him, I'd take him in the team over Sutton. He is far more mobile and a better technical player and I'm sure he could reach two SPL goals by the 5th of December.

I think Sutton is a great player. Would be gutted to see him go, especially if he was to be replaced with a fud like Richie Foran.

As I said Jamie, I wouldn't want Richie back, but I fail to see what Sutton brings. He isn't a particularly good target man, he's not fast or mobile, he's not that good on the deck, and his finishing definitely could be better!

I honestly think Sutton is a cracking player. Might be better at centre half given his current form right enough.

Agree with mon_da_well regarding Sutton. I think he has done well this season. Wins many of his battles in the air against defences, links up well with The Duke and if we can tie up the Duke for the rest of the season (or longer) then I think we have the makings of a very good partnership.

:lol: Whit? Deary me big man, consider yourself dropped for our next match... ridiculous.