January Transfer Window

WilliePettigrew

• Replies 793
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i dunno who be but we could do with someone who can play on either the left or the right side of midfield who isn't a natural centre mid or an out and out winger. someone along the lines of lasley in his first spell or mcbride before the injuries. out all the midfielders coke looks like the only one who can do this but you'd definitely want him in the middle.

does anyone know if the loans are going to be renewed right after the accies game? it'd be pretty shite if we had to wait until the end of january. if we do have to wait until the end of the month i'd only renew them depending on how we're doing. top six and in the cup - renew. bottom six and out the cup - play youngsters and save money for making longer term signings in the summer.

Deadwood like O'Brien? :ph34r:

Explain.

Aye, he hasn't been as good the past few games but there is no way someone as important to our squad as O'Brien can be lumped in with names like McGarry and Fitzpatrick!

It seems like you can bae amazing for the first 36 games in the season but if you are shit for the last 2 you have had a mince season. As I have said before fickle as fuck. Ruddy will drop a clanger on saturday and there will be a Ruddy is mince thread.

:ph34r: Whit? Deary me big man, consider yourself dropped for our next match... ridiculous.

I've got till about March to redeem myself then?

Like I said about Forbes, sometimes having a great start can be a double-edged sword, fair enough he scored five in his first five last year, but then he never scored again till we played Inverurie! He just doesn't cut it for me, the only times he's looked remotely useful was when he was scoring!

i dunno who be but we could do with someone who can play on either the left or the right side of midfield who isn't a natural centre mid or an out and out winger. someone along the lines of lasley in his first spell or mcbride before the injuries. out all the midfielders coke looks like the only one who can do this but you'd definitely want him in the middle.

does anyone know if the loans are going to be renewed right after the accies game? it'd be pretty shite if we had to wait until the end of january. if we do have to wait until the end of the month i'd only renew them depending on how we're doing. top six and in the cup - renew. bottom six and out the cup - play youngsters and save money for making longer term signings in the summer.

McCormack was exactly that type of player. He had some craft and guile. Our midfield needs someone capable of opening up defences. Looking around Scotland their ain't too many players around, never mind in the ones we can afford bracket. I agree with someone who posted before and expect the southern exodus to continue.

I'd make a cheeky bid to take Dobbie north again though. Despite the good start things don't seem to be going well for him in Wales and Sousa doesn't seem to rate him.

I know we wont go there but you could do a lot worse than look at the SPL players who are out of contract this summer, even just to sign on pre contracts

guys like -

Lee Miller, Charlie Mulgrew,Stevie Smith,Andy Dorman,Stephen McGinn,Darren Barr,Kevin Kyle etc could be worth a look being free and just as good as anything on offer down south tho most would prob be looking for wages outwith our reach,

personally Id love JG to make a move for Albert Adomah from Barnet, big,young, rapid 2 footed winger whos destined for bigger things eventually, punt JOB to the sheep for some cash + replace with this guy,

From yesterday's Lakeland Echo:

Connerton in Motherwell talks

<H2></H2>

Published Date: 10 December 2009

LANCASTER City striker Jordan Connerton could soon be running out at top football grounds such as Ibrox and Celtic Park if a move to Scottish premier league club Motherwell goes ahead. Blues boss Tony Hesketh is in talks with the North Lanarkshire outfit about a possible transfer for Lancaster-born Connerton.

The 20-year-old, who has already scored 23 times this season, recently had a trial at Fir Park, where he impressed manager Jim Gannon.

Hesketh said the deal could be wrapped up in the next few weeks – although the move would not officially take place until the January transfer window.

"We have spoken to Motherwell and early negotiations have taken place, although no fee has been mentioned yet," he said. "For now we are just getting on with our daily routine and until Jordan has put pen to paper I would urge him to do the same.

"He is a natural goalscorer, a very athletic boy, but his all-round game gives him a great chance of making it as a professional.

"If he makes the move then I'm sure he will do well because he has the right attitude."

Connerton started out at Marsh United and Lancaster Youth while progressing through the Myerscough College Academy.

He had a spell with Kendal Town before returning to Giant Axe this season.

Most recently, Connerton scored in the 3-1 win over Wakefield on Saturday as well as in the Unibond League Challenge Cup win over Mossley on Tuesday night, when he made a 20-minute appearance from the subs bench.

He also featured in the 3-2 win over Motherwell in a pre-season friendly at Giant Axe in August.

I've got till about March to redeem myself then?

Like I said about Forbes, sometimes having a great start can be a double-edged sword, fair enough he scored five in his first five last year, but then he never scored again till we played Inverurie! He just doesn't cut it for me, the only times he's looked remotely useful was when he was scoring!

Sutton has scored 16 times in 44 starts. Decent for a club like us especially when you consider he's not a penalty taker. In fact I don't think a single one of them was a penalty.

He scored and then missed the retaken penalty in Albania did he not?

Aye but that doesn't count on his record!

I think he missed another penalty at the Davie Cooper end if I remember correctly, might be wrong though.

The point is he's not been a regular penalty taker like Forbes, Clarkson, Foran, McBride etc and none of his goals have come from the spot (far as I can remember).

Sutty hasn't scored a nalty for us so far, his only attempt was Flamurtari. If he'd scored that one he could very well be top scorer himself right now, shows you what can happen eh?!!

Sutton has scored 16 times in 44 starts. Decent for a club like us especially when you consider he's not a penalty taker. In fact I don't think a single one of them was a penalty.

His goal return last season couldn't be argued with. However, there were huge goalless spells he went on. I mean as I detailed earlier 5 goals in his first 5 league starts really can't be argued with, but he went months without a goal after that before a double against Inverurie, who aren't exactly a great team. And I don't think he is very effective when he isn't scoring, and he hasn't been this season.

Anyone think Willo Flood would be a possible loan signing for Jan?

Also with all the talk of Ruddy maybe not staying on after the end of his loan - what about Weaver at Utd, I'm sure his contract is short term till Jan as they have another Eastern European coming in?

there's no chance of willo flood coming (unless he's related to gannon).

i think paul caddis can leave celtic at the end of the season, he'd be a good signing. i was going to suggest barry bannan as well but it seems he went out on loan to blackpool a couple of weeks ago, it's only til the end of january though so he's maybe still worth a bash.

there's no chance of willo flood coming (unless he's related to gannon).

i think paul caddis can leave celtic at the end of the season, he'd be a good signing. i was going to suggest barry bannan as well but it seems he went out on loan to blackpool a couple of weeks ago, it's only til the end of january though so he's maybe still worth a bash.

Caddis signed an extension last week