Official St Mirren Thread

Robyn

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At times I thought we played some very good football today. Really makes a difference having Craigan back in the team, solid performance from him today. Klimpl certainly looks more of a midfielder than he does a defender.

Only downside is we dont look like scoring at all! Its as if we always try to pass the ball into the net, apart from Obriens volley in the 2nd half and porters shot which nearly went in, I wouldnt say anyone tried to have a decent shot at goal.

He contributed nothing at all. I'm fed up with having to watch him dance around games like bambi on ice. Can't pass, can't cross, can't tackle and doesn't have the pace to get back in time. Watching him call Klimpl over from further away than he was to tackle a player because he can't do it is a complete joke.

Well, if you want to slate him, let's look into the recent past - Caley game

Can't tackle?

Well against Caley with prime view from the Cooper he covered round 3 times when Craigan and Reynolds were caught out over the top and the attacking midfielder from Caley would have been through on goal if PQ had not covered round to either pass to Hammell or concede a throw in the East Stand side. So, he can read the game very well, and those were vital interceptions that stopped clear goalscoring opportunities.

Can't cross?

Again, against Caley was it not his cross that was right on Porter's head for his 2nd of the 3 goals? An assist in his last two games, it's one more that 4k a week Stephen Hughes, our most creative player apparently..

The comments about the full backs (Quinn/Hammell) being caught out of position, weak in the tackle are for me spot on. This is causing a great deal of the uncertainty in the centre. Because there is so little pace within the team mistakes/slips are being punished. If were not going to sign/loan better full backs then expect more of the same.

My own opinion is move Hammell up to LM and move Quinn on.

Someone said Klimpl looked more like a DM than a central defender. I agree so BM should be shown the door. Allong with Hughes, their combined wages would surely allow McGhee to replace them with players of equal talent but more committed players. I don't like thinking about how we would replace Porter if he left.

Perhaps if our full backs played like full backs rather than wingers, then they might not get caught out of position as often. Also, i bet they would like some cover in front of them or behind them when they do attack.

The midfield needs to do alot more, before we can start pointing fingers at every member of our defence.

Played reasonably well , but it was a pretty poor game to be honest.

Despite a hat-trick last week , Porter still seems to be lacking that wee edge infront of goal.

Hopefully we can take the positives into the Jambos game on Wednesday night.

Mon the Well!

TBH just another pretty poor game of football from Scotland's top professional league. If it hadn't been for the occasion of St Mirren's last game at their old ground then nobody would have given it a second thought.

They were best in the first half and we were best in the second but alas not one creative player on show and they could have played until this time next year and not scored.

Probably a better point for us being away from home than for them and it continues to stop the rot of our losing streak.