Official St Mirren Thread

Robyn

Well, since its Thursday and theres no sign of a thread for the St Mirren game, here goes!

Promises to be a good game, with a full house and what should be an emotional atmosphere in the Home end.

Team prediction?

For me, it should be the same team that played against Caley

---------Buzz------------

Quinn-----Craigan-----Reynolds-----Hammell

O'Brien---Hughes-----Klimpl--------Fitzy

---------Clarky-----Porter--------

The team has a bit of everything, much needed injection of pace (O'Brien, Reynolds), dig (Klimpl, Fitzy, Quinn), creativity (Hughes, Hammell), experience (Craigan).

Can't see St Mirren losing in their final game at Love Street and also after a good run of results in December but, we need to capitalise on our win against Caley. So, therefor looks as though it has a draw written all over it!

But, Im being optimistic and I think we will snatch it with the odd goal.

Hopefully Clarky can get on the scoresheet after a terrific performance on Saturday and boost his confidence further.

Mon the 'Well..

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are several ting in our favour that I can see. Their Manager has just been given Manager of the Month. They've won four-in-a-row and are due a shiter. It's a big occasion, their last game at Love Street and these things have a habit of knackering up. And we are beginning to look a lot better, if still not right at the back. But the biggest plus is this - the game is on our favourite channel, BBC Alba!

There are several ting in our favour that I can see. Their Manager has just been given Manager of the Month. They've won four-in-a-row and are due a shiter. It's a big occasion, their last game at Love Street and these things have a habit of knackering up. And we are beginning to look a lot better, if still not right at the back. But the biggest plus is this - the game is on our favourite channel, BBC Alba!

Havn't we got a bit of a reputation for spoiling other peoples parties?

Me and Sharon will be there and I predict a very tough 90 minutes. Its always hard to pick up points away to St Mirren but considering the run they're on (4 wins from 4 without conceding) and the obvious emotional aspect of their Love Street farewell, it'll be an even tougher assignment.

I wouldn't make any changes from last week, but we'll have to make a good start to the game as I expect St Mirren will come flying out of the traps.

The large home crowd will be expectant but will contain a lot of part-timers, and the longer the game goes on level or with us in front the more their frustration will increase.

I'd take a draw to be honest, and to do that I expect we'll have to score. That said its unlikely that St Mirren could achieve 5 wins on the bounce, and with our resurgence last week perhaps we'll spoil their party.

Sod it, 2-1 to us!

Their winning run has to end sometime and I'm astonished they have won four in a row without conceding!!! Fair play for that I suppose. That said, our win last week shouldn't disguise the shite we've served up since the Rangers game. Really have to take at least a point tomorrow and anything less will see us take a shocking 4 points from a possible 27 and put us right back in the shite. Not that we're out it by any means. This game means as much to us as it does to them, albeit for very different reasons. I expect to see the same starting 11 as v ICT and hopefully get right in about them from the start.

Their winning run has to end sometime and I'm astonished they have won four in a row

I'm not - mainly cos they haven't (Falkirk scored afgainst them at the start of the run). It could go one of two ways. They could end up really up for it and winning or they could get nervous and bottle it. We'll be up for it and the belief back - have a feeling we'll not lose.

Teams:

St Mirren: Howard, Ross, Cuthbert, Potter, Miranda, Brady, Murray, Dorman, McGinn, Hamilton, Wyness. Subs: Smith, Mason, Brighton, Robb, Dargo, Barron, McAusland.

Motherwell: Graeme Smith, Quinn, Craigan, Reynolds, Hammell, Klimpl, Hughes, Lasley, O'Brien, Porter, Clarkson. Subs: Krysiak, Malcolm, Sutton, Darren Smith, Murphy, McGarry, Saun