Official St Mirren Thread

Robyn

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just in from the game. Referee shat it twice in the last 5 or so minutes from giving us penalties. One should have been given for a handball blocking a Klimpl volley that looked net bound, and the other in injury time when Coach was bundled over. Ref just didn't want to ruin the party for St Mirren.

Aside from that, thought the ref had a shocker in general. Don't know how Lasley got booked, didn't even look a foul when a foul was given against him and was then booked for persistent fouling. Then you look at Jack Ross getting away with I don't know how many fouls without going in the book.

On the plus side, we played well. Some really nice football on the deck, especially in the second half. O'Brien improved again after last week, playing left mid today. He was taking men on which was good to see. Had a fresh air shot attempting a volley at one point in the second half, the ball then broke to him again to volley, he caught it sweet, but the St Mirren keeper made a good diving save. Another nice move on the right saw Quinn cross it low, O'Brien tried a wee flick to score, but the keeper saved. If he'd dummied it though Ports was coming in behind to stick it in the net I reckon. Ports was unlucky with an effort that deflected just by the post in the second half too.

Big Klimpl was awesome today by the way. He's got all the makings of a cult hero. Always seems to win the ball back for the team too.

Good performance aside from not scoring, but encouraging signs for the rest of the season. Certainly outclassed St Mirren at football, and I'm a little disappointed we didn't take all 3 points.

Clarky got man of the match on Radio Scotland, which I found surprising since some "expert" sitting a few rows behind me (I think) criticised him all through the second half. Walloper that he is.

Just back in. The ref was an absolute bottle merchant from the word go. Jim Hamilton must have had about 6 or 7 fouls given against him yet no card. Potter, there's my new hate figure was blatantly shoving off the ball at every free kink/corner that was being taken. There were fouls getting given for nothing all over the place. The penalty claims at the end were decent shouts, but you just knew there were never going to be given. Blatant cheating and it's about time these *banned word* were made to come out and justify decisions like these. Fuck the "emotional occasion". If it's a penalty, it's a penalty.

Apart from that I thought we battled hard and limited St Mirren to few chances but the final pass was either wrong, poor, or over cooked with too many touches or fannying about. Just put yer boot through it!!!

I said before we played Killie we needed a minimum of 8 points. We got 4. So that's 5 points from 27. We're still in the shite, no two ways about it, especially with Accies winning. Really needed a win today as I can't see us taking anything from Hearts and Utd. The other teams may well pick up points in the next few weeks so we really are still under a great deal of pressure in my opinion. We have played lot better in the last two games though.

I'm echoing some of the points made already here but thought we were the better of the two teams overall and the longer the game went the more we looked like the ones who were going to win it.

Buzz had that save early on but that was about it from them, where as we looked more and more dangerous, particularly at the end when they began taking risks by throwing more men upfield.

The Lasley for Fizzy change seemed to take us back a notch from last week. Thought we were slightly less balanced.

The ref is involved in the key talking points namely the two claims. Thought our first was more clear cut with a clear handball denying us what looked like a goal. He was poor throughout and got numerous decisions wrong from denying St Mirren a corner when Hammell headed out, to allowing himself to be dictated to by Hamilton and ignoring about a half dozen fouls from him and Ross and then booking Lasley for the same. He also allowed a couple of cynical desperate challenges when we were breaking up the park to go unpunished also.

All things considered though not the worst result given their recent form and the occasion.

Clarky got man of the match on Radio Scotland, which I found surprising since some "expert" sitting a few rows behind me (I think) criticised him all through the second half. Walloper that he is.

Although he started brightly he did flag in the last 20 minutes, did the usual diving bit on the edge of the D, fucked up with his first touch on a few occasions and was seriously at fault when we were 3 on 2 in the second half, ports and hughes belting down either side of him, and he couldn't find either of them.

Apart from that, I thought he did a good job and we play better with him in the team! :P

2nd half we fucking pumped them by the way, a bit dissapointed we couldnt finish off all that good play. Lasley was poor today, the ref was shocking, and mini me running the line was a fud tae!

Even though he didnt score, I thought Porter was quality, and Steff had a good productive game too. Jim O'Brian good too.

Should've won it even without the penalties

If we had the same drive in the first 45 as the 2nd half we would have broken them down

can't say much more other than the Ref was fuckin terrible oh wait its already been said :P

just a reminder for everyone that the game in full is on BBC Alba @ 20:00 Sky 168

We should have won today but the ref didn't help with all the penalties he didn't give us :P

Did anyone think the celebrations at the end for love street were a bit disapointing? I went down to the disabled section because my cousin was sitting there and is a st mirren fan so I don't know how it was in the stand.

Wasn't there today and have to say im really happy with the point and it's a clean sheet for our much maligned defence. By reading the reports we've been unlucky not to have won with a dodgy ref who wasn't wanting to spoil the party. So all in all a good day and after watching the Edinburgh derby we've nowt to fear from Hearts on wednesday. Onwards and upwards. :P

Very decent display from the team, an even first half but all Motherwell in the second. We made loads of chances and on another day would've scored a few.

Don't get me started on the ref, a disgraceful performance from start to finish and we deserved at least one penalty. I'm not expecting any sort of explanation from officialdom as to why we didn't get either.

In terms of the team, no-one was poor but Maros, Crago, Clarky and Shug stood out, with O'Brien doing well again.

Took the time before kick-off to wander up to their new ground.

Very neat stadium but with no real character. However it has acres of car-parking, is right next to Paisley St James station and will have a dedicated bus service to the town centre.

Definitely the way forward and certainly makes Love Street (and perhaps Fir Park) look considerably jaded

Very decent display from the team, an even first half but all Motherwell in the second. We made loads of chances and on another day would've scored a few.

Don't get me started on the ref, a disgraceful performance from start to finish and we deserved at least one penalty. I'm not expecting any sort of explanation from officialdom as to why we didn't get either.

In terms of the team, no-one was poor but Maros, Crago, Clarky and Shug stood out, with O'Brien doing well again.

honestly dont get him started. I was sitting behind him :P

We did a good job defensively today, that was the best Reynolds has played for months and the other four at the back were good as well. The second penalty was never a penalty in a million years, first one might have been - its all on the interpretation of intent and at the time it was soooo quick I wouldn't like to give a judgement. But I would say you have certainly seen them given. Over the game we probably did a bit more but to be honest we created precious little - a draw was probably a just result. And in my view away draws in the SPL are never bad - and I think that is our first one all season. Entirely satisfied atm though that may change when I see the pen decision again/

Guest DaviDoOOO
I'd definitely have taken a point before the game, and I'm still happy to take it right now. Considering St. Mirren's good form, and it being the last game at Love Street and all.....

Why are you happy to take it. We shouldve fucking hammered them in the second ,and with a stonewall penalty not given i kinda feel it was a loss.

Dreadful refereeing.

Probably should've taken three points.

Hughes needs dropped.

If Porter leaves we're fucked.

Good to see big McLean back with the squad.

So glad we've held onto big Klimpl.

The Alamo is a fucking weird pub.

That is all.