Stuart Elliot For Accies

Accie

Great player but I recall he left in a hurry after administration, don't know the whole story , but I remember some at the club being unhappy about it.

Did the Elliot money no keep us in business??

One of my all time favourites at Fir Park. Always had a chance of a goal with him in your team. For a few months, him and Faddy had a tremendous partnership up front.

When he left us he scored goals galore at Hull but health issues appear to have held him back in recent years.

Would like to see him make an impact in the SPL once again.

The day he left, I was told by someone that they were down at the club and met him. He was saying his goodbyes and was tearful and absolutely gutted to be leaving.

He said he didn't want to leave and would have stayed if he could, but the club couldn't afford to knock back offers.

I read a few Hull forum posts about him a few years ago and they seemed to like him.

Interesting signing - if true. Most Well fans liked him, but it's a good few years since he was here. The fact he hasn't been heard of much suggests his form has long gone.

Indeed. Hasn't been able to get a game for NI since 2006, and has scored only twice in 30 appearances since joining Doncaster on loan from Hull in 2008 (later signing for them, and having been loaned out again to Grimsby for a couple of months since he did so).

great player for us, scorec loads of goals and an absolute gentlemen, will applaud him when he comes back to Fir Park but he isney allowed to score against us LOL

I agree.

He had some header on him too.

According to his wiki page, he developed an excercise induced form of asthma, which has hampered his career.

Great player but I recall he left in a hurry after administration, don't know the whole story , but I remember some at the club being unhappy about it.

I thought Elliot and Delomeaux were specifically kept on to sell in the short term with a view to getting some money into the club quickly. Can't remember how much we got for him though.

He had the knack of being able to do very little in some games and still pop up with a few goals. Good luck to him wherever he ends up - even Accies!

He had the knack of being able to do very little in some games and still pop up with a few goals.

you missed do very little in some games but get caught offside and still pop up with a few goals.

Cracking player when he was here and a really nice guy too.

good luck to him.... just no against us.

Lee

I thought Elliot and Delomeaux were specifically kept on to sell in the short term with a view to getting some money into the club quickly. Can't remember how much we got for him though.

He had the knack of being able to do very little in some games and still pop up with a few goals. Good luck to him wherever he ends up - even Accies!

As I recall Elliot made it very clear that he had no intention of extending his contract beyond his final year which as a result made it important, given the clubs financial climate at the time, to sell him on and get what they could for him ASAP before word got out and his value depriciated.

Delomeaux was also wanted by the club but his actions in the aftermath of the club going into administration lead to him being viewed as something of a bad apple and a disruptive influence in the dressing room as the club tried to consolidate. He too then was viewed then as someone they had to get off the books quickly.